+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Should you move to Kraken?

Should you move to Kraken?

Now I know that it is a little late in the transfer game to be making this post, but with all the increased forum activity surrounding moving here now is as good of a time as any to make this.

History
    Kraken was made in the major merge that happened to several servers. Enla and Namia were the two servers whose power combined made Captain Kraken. Now I'm from Enla, a mostly West dominated server ran by a guild named <Legacy> and on the East <Fatailty>. Namia was mostly West dominated which caused some major problems for the East with the merge.

Populations
    Kraken is ranked 3rd highest or 2nd highest when it comes to how you look at it and the recent population polling that was done on reddit. Out of all servers, Kraken sits behind Morpheus and Kryios, but since you can't transfer to Morpheus, looks like were second.

East Vs. West
    To date Kraken has been mostly West dominated but the current increase in East activity has really shown just how the server is balanced, East for the most part can give West a run for its money at some events. Overall very good spot to come if you are an Easterner. And a good spot to come of you're a westerner who enjoys PvP.

West
    West has its own self dominating conglomerate, can I call it that? Sure I'm gonna call it a conglomerate. Anyway, this alliance controls Red Dragon, Anthalon and some other end game content. The West also controls Abbysal and Luscas for the most part. Overall a great place to come if you're West. Notable guilds include: <Latinus> <Incendiary> <BigGameHunters>
    <Underwater Squad> < Immortalized> <| |> <Defiance>
    And many other great guilds.

East
    East has been really flexing their muscles as of late, a new alliance has been created to combat the West. Many of the East are very skilled and others are self - identify as farmer. East mainly controls Kraken and Halcy. Notable guilds: <Altercation> < Best Friends> <Friends> and <Xstasy> and other guilds.

Pirate
    Pirate faction is in its transitioning period right now, there is one really solid <Jolly Roger>, the remaining part of <Supremacy> who left to go to Kryios and has some very standout individuals in the guild. All in all a very good pirate guild who enjoys PvP and the motto that actions speak louder than words.

Other Notables
    Overall, Kraken is a great server for all types of players in Archeage, we also have the best drama of any server. Not this Kryios drama either, I mean its like a TV show.

Edits/Suggestions
    DGS are mostly West controlled - Thank you Hou.
    Morning Gold Trader is a mix between east controlled, disputed and dead/empty, while afternoon Gold Trader is entirely controlled by West, with occasional disputes & interruptions by pirates. - Thank you Lancet.
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidgirl View Post
    JR is a great place for getting pirate stuff done and then returning to your faction and getting more people to come pirate.
    KOS is not just another east/west guild, we are different and offer a new way to play the game. We love to roleplay and pretend that were relevant.
    Footnotes
    I hope this forum cleared up most questions you had about moving to Kraken and I also hope that you all come and join us here

While others might nitpick a few things, I appreciate the fair reporting. Thumbs up, sir.

Pretty accurate, a great write up. A few things: Delphinad Ghost Ships weren't mentioned, West controls those mostly. East and west both get a good share of Anthalon's, no faction really controls it. <KOS> was left out of notable pirate guilds. They cause most of the forums drama, but aren't really that special. They also have the only Enoan on the server.
    Nhuo
    Stone Arrow
    Kadum East
    Semi-Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Huo View Post
    <KOS> was left out of notable pirate guilds.
    Probably because we don't let Latinus fish on our boats like Jolly Rogers do, and we don't look to keep a guild full of title pirates who will most likely switch back once they get their titles, and get tired of mistmerrow, or getting rolled in DS.

I bet the protocol for attacking a west or east boat in Jolly Rogers takes about 2 hours, since everyone in that guild has ties to the zerg guilds. Maybe that's why they are no-shows for luscas and just sit of FD for the entirety of abyssal.

If you want to be uws/latinus' pet dog join JR, if you actually want to pirate people without worrying about hurting someone's feelings, have access to all the ports you could ever want, and the opportunity to man the best boat on the server join KOS.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadInc View Post
    Probably because we don't let Latinus fish on our boats like Jolly Rogers do, and we don't look to keep a guild full of title pirates who will most likely switch back once they get their titles, and get tired of mistmerrow, or getting rolled in DS.

I bet the protocol for attacking a west or east boat in Jolly Rogers takes about 2 hours, since everyone in that guild has ties to the zerg guilds. Maybe that's why they are no-shows for luscas and just sit of FD for the entirety of abyssal.

If you want to be uws/latinus' pet dog join JR, if you actually want to pirate people without worrying about hurting someone's feelings, have access to all the ports you could ever want, and the opportunity to man the best boat on the server join KOS.
    Where do you guys fit on that boat doh? There are so many macrod bots repairing and firing cannons and holding sails... I mean where do the four or five real people stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Ectheleon View Post
    Where do you guys fit on that boat doh? There are so many macrod bots repairing and firing cannons and holding sails... I mean where do the four or five real people stand?

Alts are quarantined to the harry potter cubbyhole, people man the cannons/rest of the boat.

Really nice thread, I like it.

I just hope more Eastern players come to Kraken, so we could make this server bigger and bigger

umm lol kyrios server is going to send back the rest of supremacy. the "elite" group of fatality i was hoping to start making the east win on kyrios went pirate from what i heard from my friend they are getting destroyed by Disaster, self proclaimed top guild NA, which is west. The pirates has lost all content for the past month or so many are transferring out. Fatality/supermacy needs some win so they are going to run back to kraken to feel good about themselves instead of fighting the good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Huo View Post
    <KOS> was left out of notable pirate guilds. They cause most of the forums drama, but aren't really that special.
    Because of not what Dread said but why he said it. They don't follow the same motto that I feel like all pirates should follow. I left out DGS' because some are a toss up and as of recently West has gotten most of the Anth's. But I left KOS out because the only notable part about them is that they have an enoan, not much else.
    Burlin's alt bby
    News time bby
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddless View Post
    I'm stupid enough to leave morpheus alone just as reds were there so I'm going to reply with a bad insult because I can't argue
    Fixed it for you

Some notable nui huggin here.

http://i.imgur.com/7JumY9V.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast