Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: X up for a Better Community

not "x up", its "+ up"

you are not signing a contract, you express support...
    seriously, who started this "x up" nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Hey guys,

I know this topic drives a lot of passion and feelings, but let's keep it friendly and constructive here. Already had to remove one post because it crossed the forum guidelines. Please do not attack one another, and please offer thoughts and feedback without delving into the darker side of things. Thanks!

And... as to my thoughts... I'll save them for later this week.
    Always got to find a way to nerf PVP how are we suppose to get our forum honor???? We need to PVP a little so we can buy that forum focus gems!!!!

There's only one True Way to make AA less toxic: lead by example. You'll lower the risk of someone doing a "target an individual, track down personal information from other games and bring it into your trash talk for days straight" to you.

And if some neanderthal dweeb still does that to you, lead by example. Don't lash back. Report and move on. And be honest about your role in it all. Did you provoke the neanderthal dweeb by ridiculing it and making it as angry as you could? That's not leading by example. You don't provoke rabid dogs and think it's smart right?

So here's the two step plan:
    1 ) Lead by example
    2 ) Report neanderthal dweebs

Leading by Example is the big one. It's the long and narrow, sure. But along the way you'll build up a circle of people that are likeminded, grow respect among your peers, and some of your example will inevitably rub off on others, particularly in the way they treat you.

So ask not of others what they can do for you. The biggest thing to do is for yourself. All we can ask of Trion is to be fierce on stopping actual "target an individual, track down personal information from other games and bring it into your trash talk for days straight" kind of stalking/harassment.

The game itself promotes toxic behavior, first the AA needs to change entirely, specifically the pay to win aspect. But that will never change, XL wants it to be this way to make the most profit. If the toxic nature of the game bothers you this much I suggest you find another game to play, or try to get XL to change which isn't going to happen.

I'm a pirate m8. Consider it to be RP. You ever heard of political correct polite pirate? Maybe your looking for a PG13 game. If someone's harassing you online beyond this game I'm sure your country have ways to deal with such things. As for trash talk in game welcome to mmorpg .

This ainīt a problem of the internet - youīd always encounter ppl that think they are better than you (not talking about game skill) or consider you a potatoe. A term twisted over the years to now meaning a non-pvp or not very good pvp player.

Point is... on the internet everyone is brave, got big ... brains ... and can bully you around to certain extremes (within a companies TOS/Rules) and thatīs not so different to real life. The "barrier" to switch to the dark side is just lower because itīs easier to get away with it.

I have played online games for quite some time now and i can say trash talk has always been around, harrasment also. I usually donīt care much about the virtual egos of real-life wannabe ♥♥♥♥♥♥bags, but over the time i "collected" 4 that were persistent enough to enforce a discussion "in person" so i gave up my adress - one didnīt show, the others... well i was the one that walked away in good shape
    But thatīs hardly a solution.

Frankly itīs not possible to effectively police it, because you cannot perma-kill a char or the attached account (without the help of Trion), well basically you can camp a guy/girl all day for several weeks or at least try but thatīs annoyingly time consuming and you might as well get reported for harassing by the player you hunt as well.
    EDIT: A bounty hunter system could help here - but would most likely be abused as all improvements XL tried to give us.

Act by example? Ya know like Jedi? "I feel a disturbance in the force..." *snores again* 10 years later when he is finally blasted to pieces by a star destroyer the Jedi is "OMG OMG how did that all come to pass?
    You get the point? Good will always fail because itīs to dumb to act accordingly.

Baseline itīs just - Trion needs to get rid of some ppl (prolly me too) and stop being extra caring about their whales (short ban in fear of leave, others will come).

I am actually interested in seeing how and if Blizzard will deal with Cheaters with their team FPS Overwatch coming, stating they will perma ban cheaters/exploirters. Though there you donīt have whales spending several 100s of currency on a game.

But AA sure could use some of this "hardline" handling. Itīs still a balance question. Using a broadsword (a general rule that punishes all) isnīt always the best solution to a problem, yet the most efficient one for a company.

I am all in for everyone to just use common sense and be not a total ♥♥♥ even if you open world RP one. I just donīt see that happening even if the OPīs idea is full of good intention. But itīs also just that.

An ideal. And with those itīs only the strife that matters. Not the goal. Because you will never reach the latter.
    A transparent discussion forum with no artificial restrictions on AA and other games

F2P is a lie. There are only costs. Costs have to be paid. Payment grants revenue. Revenue is made through the cash shop. Through the cash shop your bank account will be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshva View Post
    ....in hopes to encourage change with in the community as a whole
    LOL! Yeah, that'll happen.

You want to improve the community? Eliminate the bots and exploits and the people that use them, and remove the whale vs casual gear/attitude gap.

Again... yeah, that'll happen.

2nd best thread of the month

#NAproblems

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblefoot View Post
    I'm a pirate m8. Consider it to be RP. You ever heard of political correct polite pirate? Maybe your looking for a PG13 game. If someone's harassing you online beyond this game I'm sure your country have ways to deal with such things. As for trash talk in game welcome to mmorpg .
    Pirates are part of the game. Green piracy is also part of the game. Leading by example means you accept your losses to things that are part of the game knowing full well you took a risk for a certain reward to begin with to enable the potential loss.

Trashtalking afterwards is what can happen next, to test how good you are at losing, and because sore losers give salt. Leading by example means you respond to this like a good sports and give positive smiles rather than salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeducan76 View Post
    This ainīt a problem of the internet - youīd always encounter ppl that think they are better than you (not talking about game skill) or consider you a potatoe. A term twisted over the years to now meaning a non-pvp or not very good pvp player.

Point is... on the internet everyone is brave, got big ... brains ... and can bully you around to certain extremes (within a companies TOS/Rules) and thatīs not so different to real life. The "barrier" to switch to the dark side is just lower because itīs easier to get away with it.

I have played online games for quite some time now and i can say trash talk has always been around, harrasment also. I usually donīt care much about the virtual egos of real-life wannabe ♥♥♥♥♥♥bags, but over the time i "collected" 4 that were persistent enough to enforce a discussion "in person" so i gave up my adress - one didnīt show, the others... well i was the one that walked away in good shape
    But thatīs hardly a solution.

Frankly itīs not possible to effectively police it, because you cannot perma-kill a char or the attached account (without the help of Trion), well basically you can camp a guy/girl all day for several weeks or at least try but thatīs annoyingly time consuming and you might as well get reported for harassing by the player you hunt as well.
    EDIT: A bounty hunter system could help here - but would most likely be abused as all improvements XL tried to give us.

Act by example? Ya know like Jedi? "I feel a disturbance in the force..." *snores again* 10 years later when he is finally blasted to pieces by a star destroyer the Jedi is "OMG OMG how did that all come to pass?
    You get the point? Good will always fail because itīs to dumb to act accordingly.

Baseline itīs just - Trion needs to get rid of some ppl (prolly me too) and stop being extra caring about their whales (short ban in fear of leave, others will come).

I am actually interested in seeing how and if Blizzard will deal with Cheaters with their team FPS Overwatch coming, stating they will perma ban cheaters/exploirters. Though there you donīt have whales spending several 100s of currency on a game.

But AA sure could use some of this "hardline" handling. Itīs still a balance question. Using a broadsword (a general rule that punishes all) isnīt always the best solution to a problem, yet the most efficient one for a company.

I am all in for everyone to just use common sense and be not a total ♥♥♥ even if you open world RP one. I just donīt see that happening even if the OPīs idea is full of good intention. But itīs also just that.

An ideal. And with those itīs only the strife that matters. Not the goal. Because you will never reach the latter.
    Definitely all about the strife. All about the journey. I agree the endgoal is a utopy. But the results you get along the way will not let you down.

Good actually wins even when it loses at the end. Because of the journey. And should it lose at the end, then it's defeat can be hollow (because of inspiration of others) and evil hates that.

I'm not an idealist, honestly. I'm a pragmatic person who happens to find the long and narrow enjoyable and sees half full cups all over the place. Leading by example will bring you friends, good standing and sure the occasional stab in the back because you started *snoring* and the Meta is the Meta. Congratulate your enemy, for without him your game would be dull and boring.

And you can lead by example and be a mofo in the game. There's a difference between what you do/say and what you make your avatar do. Yeah I'm bringing this aweful close to roleplaying now. That roleplaying skill where you detach what happens to your avatar from what happens to you, where the loss of a merc full of packs is what happens to that firran, and not yourself, it is a great boon.

Having fun winning any game is easy. Having fun losing it is where true skill shows.

I am a toxic player, and I am Gay <3

I love block bridges and making provocations in the chat.

Chaos >>>>>>>>>> peace

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast