+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Taris vs. Kadum, T7 Mat Difficulty Disparity

Taris vs. Kadum, T7 Mat Difficulty Disparity

Last night my guild was able to successful finish Hard mode Mistsong summit with Taris included. We went in with 1 7k GS mage with a legendary Staff and a Legendary Pdef Shield and Katana, a 6.8k DR with a Legendary Sword, a 6.5k Healer with a Legendary Club, a 6k Mage with a Epic Scepter and a 5.8k DR with no worse than an Epic Obsidian 2h.

Hard mode Mistsong Summit is the real deal for a variety of reasons unlike the easier versions, the penalties for messing up certain mechanics can instantly kill you.

- With too little Pdef, Dochul will pin you down and you will die before you can get up
    - With too little reaction speed, Sojung will petrify you and you will die over the course of 5 seconds
    - With too little Magic Defense, Aria will blast you for insane damage which will kill you over time over th e course of 3 seconds.
    - With too little ranged DPS, Taris will enrage after 10 minutes and instantly wipe your group.

Even with a group with many players on the top 50 gearscore on Kyrios this zone was pretty ridiculous, the fact that all of these abilities are flat damage as opposed to percentage damage means that a group with 4k GS or even an average of high 5k DPS has little shot of clearing this zone before they either die to the insane burst that some of these encounters have or they hit the enrage timer before it can die.

I was hoping that Pubs would be able to do this zone in other to help alleviate the pain of running it yourself for an average of 150 times before everyone in your group has all the mats required to make all of their T7s.

The difficulty of Hard mode Mistsong would be understandable if it was comparable to the method needed in order to attain the T7 mat for wooden items specifically the bow, the staff and the scepter.

Kadum's t7 mat, which you need only 12 of is a 30% drop from a box you get from a daily by killing Kadum and another Anthalon Tower-like monster, the drop rate means that with a bit of luck, one full raid is capable of producing enough of the mats to make a t7 weapon every time the quest is completed.

Compare the difficulty of attaining both of these mats, one is rng from a box you should be able to get every day and the other is a mat you need 30 of from a dungeon most players will be completely unable to complete due to it's insane level of difficulty compared to similar dungeons.

In the past Xlgames and Trion have removed certain mats because it was too difficult to attain them. The T6 Nodachi and the T6 Agility bow had previously required a Leviathan eye, an item on a monster which still has not been killed on NA to date.

As it stands a traditional group of people, even if they had the appropriate gearscore may be unable to complete the dungeon due to it's mechanics, for instance, it wouldn't matter if you had a group full of 7k darkrunners and a 8k healer, the fact that Taris is completely immune to melee damage means that without dedicated ranged DPS it would be next to impossible to burn him down in the alotted 10 minutes before he insta-wipes the group.

I'm not asking for the removal of Taris' item, but an alternative way to attain this item or at least a reduction on the # requirements in order to make a t7 metal weapon would be appropriate to the level of difficulty required in contrast to Kadum's mat.
    Wearer of Metal
    WORLD CHAMPS
    "Disaster is Better than NaCl" - Aramos
    "Celia is the best player in Archeage history" - Celia
    "Plz don't kill me Celia" - Murdered innocent

Yeah, I'm petty bummed out over this. I understand making it difficult to get, but at this rate it might be a year before the Mats for T7 weapons are available in enough quantity for a reasonable price to upgrade a single weapon. I've been stocking up on everything needed to upgrade to T7and have most of the Mats needed except for of course this mat. I'm not saying I expect to get enough to upgrade today or anything, but this is pretty discouraging. The gear score of your group is insane and for you guys to have this much difficulty completing it gives me little hope that anyone on my server will be able to complete it anytime in the next year. If I had known that it was going to be basically free in comparison to get the mat for a scepter I would have concentrated on getting wooden mana wisps and a good scepter instead. I feel like I've just been wasting my time preparing to upgrade my katana to T7and don't have the patients at this point to start over with a scepter. I really hope that Trion does take in to consideration how incredibly easy it is to get the wooden weapon one compared to the metal one and implements an alternative way to acquire it.

With how long it took for them to make ayanad readily available I doubt it and hope they don't make t7 that easy to get, but then again maybe i'm just jelly that I don't have a legendary to t7
    Maddiez | <Memento Mori> | Inoch(RIP)

TRASH GUILD DO NOT JOIN

Memento Mori(RIP) Guild Leader

Carebear|<Carebear Nation>|Morpheus(RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Baddiez View Post
    With how long it took for them to make ayanad readily available I doubt it and hope they don't make t7 that easy to get, but then again maybe i'm just jelly that I don't have a legendary to t7
    Its not about the difficulty, its about the difficulty disparity between Wooden T7 mats (Kadum) and Metal (Taris). Pretty soon Kadun mats are going to be going for 100g and probably vender cost soon after that, Its not even going to be possible to kill Taris unless your group is insane.
    Wearer of Metal
    WORLD CHAMPS

All I have is an epic to T7. I know people say it's not worth it, but I don't care. A T7 epic is better than a epic Ayanad and has the extra passive which makes it pretty close to legendary Ayanad level of not better in some cases. It just seems kind of dumb that not only does it have the huge cost of wisps and blazing mats which are also bottle necked die to needing something like 220 lords coins, but also 30 of a mat that is beyond extremely difficult to obtain. It's taken me months to come up with over 300 metal mana wisps and it will probably takes months to come up with the ~220 Lord's coins not to mention it can take a fairly long tone too farm up the bound golden runs mats. To add on top of that huge cost and time sink a road block that could potentially be near impossible for some servers to obtain really sucks. It would be 1 thing of the mat for wooden weapons was equally hard to get, but it's already so common and cheap that it's a non-issue. They should either remove all the wooden mats that have dropped so far and add them to the Mistsong boss or make the metal weapon mats easier to obtain. Its not that I want to be a dick to people trying to upgrade a wooden weapon. I just don't want to feel like I have to start over with a wooden weapon because my current weapon will be next to impossible to upgrade. Truthfully with the nerf to katana and short spears I don't see why they would have the much harder mat to obtain. A scepter is probably the way to go now, but I made the katana choice a long time ago and have dedicated too much time to getting mats for T7 ready to abandon it and start over.

Lord's coins can be earned or bought, mysterious garden power will drop eventually and wisps should go way down once Ayanad becomes Salvagable for wisps, There is no way you will ever be able to buy 30 Taris mats the demand is too high and the people who can actually do the zone aren't going to want to sell them, furthermore, the difficulty barrier of the zone is such that some groups with T6 will be unable to complete the zone simply because they don't have enough ranged dps, other groups won't even be able to get to Taris because Aria's magic hits too hard.
    Wearer of Metal
    WORLD CHAMPS

The snake ♥♥♥♥♥ is very easy, just purge the poison (or freerunner) but i do agree that arias damage is insane.

I saw some speculated patch notes at one point that said mistsong was getting a nerf, i'm not sure if we got that, if the patch note was fake, or if it just hasn't happened yet

I love how the metal users are pissed now because back when the T6 bows have been as ridiculous they all said “get over it, it's just a bow“
    Have fun waiting half a year for it to change

Quote Originally Posted by Rururu View Post
    Its not about the difficulty, its about the difficulty disparity between Wooden T7 mats (Kadum) and Metal (Taris). Pretty soon Kadun mats are going to be going for 100g and probably vender cost soon after that, Its not even going to be possible to kill Taris unless your group is insane.
    Its about time meeles get nerfed in one way or another. Im only for it.

just with the difference that it is possible to kill that boss alrdy .. and not like for the bow no1 still hasnt killed leviathand .. and we would still sit on our t5 and wait for t6 right? ;D
    so as all the battlerage users said: "Well just wait, at some point ppl will sell it" DDD
    Xetic

Back home

Archery 2014-2017 RIP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast