+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ArcheAge 2.9 patch caused us to quit

Quote Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
    You know why obsi katana was BiS ever since obsidian got relieased up to now? Couse m.dmg was the same as any other weapon + Cast time reduction, A stat highly sought after by everyone. Nerf of m.dmg brought the weapon in line with every other weapons.
    This is inaccurate. The scepter had a useless innate effect and a somewhat weak obsidian bonus. Since some small portion of damage was likely to come from melee attacks anyway, it was hard to argue that the more specialized weapon was worth using by comparison. 2.9 gear, especially at the T7 level, already buffed scepter well beyond katana level for pure magic builds. The nerf to magic attack was just another nail in the coffin of most non-meta classes who might otherwise have used the katana.
    Level 55 Retired Theorycrafter / Mathemagician / Forum Warrior / Boundless Fountain of Rage
    Some starter suggestions on improving ArcheAge.
    <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchegeDown View Post
    count until 10....

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Soulis View Post
    I hate to say it but... most people don't check a Korean site for update to a game they play in English unless they're using some third party patch to play it in English. Since Archeage is being hosted in the US and EU under TRION, people are going to look at TRION's logs for updates.

That, and not everything KR gets, we get. Shocker.
    Still doesn't hurt knowing whats in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    This is inaccurate. The scepter had a useless innate effect and a somewhat weak obsidian bonus. Since some small portion of damage was likely to come from melee attacks anyway, it was hard to argue that the more specialized weapon was worth using by comparison. 2.9 gear, especially at the T7 level, already buffed scepter well beyond katana level for pure magic builds. The nerf to magic attack was just another nail in the coffin of most non-meta classes who might otherwise have used the katana.
    to what i recall, scepter had m.deff pen to begin with, not sure about V2. only in this patch it got buffed. Also have you ever fought laminators? (sorc, witch, song) (might be wrong name) with katana main hand, V2 dagger off-hand, buffed up, meteorite has 1s cast time. Like do i give a crap at that point that your m.atk is lower by 50 dps or smth?
    <Myst>

Fear us.....
    Aimed gear

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Soulis View Post
    I hate to say it but... most people don't check a Korean site for update to a game they play in English unless they're using some third party patch to play it in English. Since Archeage is being hosted in the US and EU under TRION, people are going to look at TRION's logs for updates.

That, and not everything KR gets, we get. Shocker.

There have been at least 50 forum posts and reddit topics about this change since it was announced in KR. I am not supporting the change(i have had a Legendary T6 Katana since before the Nerf was announced). I am saying that you need to read up on a game that has a live update months ahead in a different regions so you know what to expect(people do the translations for you and post them everywhere, it isn't hard to find, also Google translate is built into your Google Browser on your smartphone, its not 3rd party). When i heard about it, I immediately began grinding gold, pack after pack, hauler after hauler. It resulted in me having enough to buy a Legendary Scepter right before the patch hit.

If you sit back and think you will end up in front of everyone else, you are sadly mistaken.
    [fragment]

Wahhh reduced magic dmg by 5% on katanas and heals by 5% on SS.

Give me a ♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤ break. You complainers are ridiculous.

I have a greatsword, wahhhh I want it to heal as much as a greatclub and do magic damage as much as a staff. . Wahhhhhh. QQ
    Frenzy
    - Tahyang West
    #ARENAGATE

Battlerage + vitalism is already broken beyond anything and you people cry about 5% healing reduction?

Ask yourself this: how many nerfs mage builds got in the past? Nerfs for witchcraft and sorcery primarily? Even stalker's mark nerf did hit mages hard. Current earthen grip is already so useless i gave up on it entirely for example.

And now ask yourself this: how many nerfs battlerage got overall?

But you people still complain about 5% healing nerf. For a -melee- DPS weapon that has chance to fully penetrate physical defense. Wow! It should be 10% ffs, club has 10% less melee dps, same for scepter 10% less melee dps than katana but thats another story.

How many of the top 100 geared players in your region has obsidian shortspear as main weapon? Count them and you will realize how silly and broken that weapon is.

Quote Originally Posted by malineczka View Post
    Battlerage + vitalism is already broken beyond anything and you people cry about 5% healing reduction?

Ask yourself this: how many nerfs mage builds got in the past? Nerfs for witchcraft and sorcery primarily? Even stalker's mark nerf did hit mages hard. Current earthen grip is already so useless i gave up on it entirely for example.

And now ask yourself this: how many nerfs battlerage got overall?

But you people still complain about 5% healing nerf. For a -melee- DPS weapon that has chance to fully penetrate physical defense. Wow! It should be 10% ffs, club has 10% less melee dps, same for scepter 10% less melee dps than katana but thats another story.

How many of the top 100 geared players in your region has obsidian shortspear as main weapon? Count them and you will realize how silly and broken that weapon is.

witchcraft has being nerfed in every patch they release now its almost useless because you have to spend 1 more point to get the same benefit.

Trion/XL just make another version for katana/shortspear that's the same melee and magic attack or healing power as scepter/club.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
    to what i recall, scepter had m.deff pen to begin with, not sure about V2. only in this patch it got buffed. Also have you ever fought laminators? (sorc, witch, song) (might be wrong name) with katana main hand, V2 dagger off-hand, buffed up, meteorite has 1s cast time. Like do i give a crap at that point that your m.atk is lower by 50 dps or smth?
    Yes, that is correct: scepter and staff had their existing penetration stats doubled in 2.9. They also had their innate effects changed from useless recovery ones to cast speed for scepter and magic puncture for staff. Finally, if you're T7 or up, the scepter gets 8% Gods Whip damage or auto-stacking Mana Fountain, and the staff gets Frigid Tracks AoE effect (or the meh Songcraft effect from V2 staff no-one uses). v2 scepter is a healing offhand, not for magic damage characters.

Lamentor is a decent class, but even with 40% cast time (hard cap, one of the only actual caps in the game), Meteor is not something you can use without a long-duration hard CC. 1 GCD (1s+) after CC hit + 2s min cast + 1s while meteor falls.
    Level 55 Retired Theorycrafter / Mathemagician / Forum Warrior / Boundless Fountain of Rage
    Some starter suggestions on improving ArcheAge.
    <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchegeDown View Post
    count until 10....

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
    They're absolutely correct. Whatever weapon they invest in next will also get nerfed or otherwise be rendered obsolete. Don't ever think you're "done" in an MMO. It's the game company's goal, hell it's their job, to keep players on the treadmill. These games are pie eating contests where the reward is more pie. Eventually people get tired of the particular treadmill they're on and move on to another game with a different treadmill. That's what's happening with your friends.
    Then stop eating "pie" and throwing your hard-earned (well, some of you anyway) dollars at insipid treadmills DESIGNED to suck in the weak minded.

The writing was on the wall BEFORE this game released in NA, we all wanted to believe otherwise of course.

In the end it comes down to a contest of Will. Their advantage is to simply tempt with shinies, our advantage is that we control the End Game . . . our Dollars.

The trick here is they are much better at milking their advantage, and us, than we are of being hard-core sandboxers with our advantage.

If we keep PAYING people to shovel ill-considered "pie eating contests" in our faces, then that's all we are going to continue to get no matter our passionate complaining in righteous outrage.

Because if you are shovelling dollars their way whilst complaining . . . that's still an easy paycheck.

If you are going to Sand Box a blockade, Sand Box demands you have the mojo to hold and maintain it - not coast on the code to do it for you in safe zones. - Bramble

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast