+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Witchraft nerfed and also we must spend 1 more point really?

I dunno darkrunners are easy to beat as long as you have either Trip, Sleep or Stun immunity. If you don't have one of those I dunno what to say to you.
    Sirothe/Nebe - The Devout

XL games just doesn't want you to play witchcraft anymore. Didn't you understand that after 5439875 nerfs?

But! Now you get choice! Either not change you build and get ♥♥♥♥ version of earthen grip -or- put one more point in witchcraft to get LESS ♥♥♥♥ version of earthen grip! Isn't it wonderful?

I am considering swaping witchcraft to occultism tbh (after almost 2 years of getting more and more angry every patch oh silly me). Only thing that keeps me from doing that is AOE fear (only actual CC versus ton of melee classes for instance because insidious whisper is AWFUL now)

Or you can always use creditu cardo and reroll darkrunner! Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Zirconi View Post
    I dunno darkrunners are easy to beat as long as you have either Trip, Sleep or Stun immunity. If you don't have one of those I dunno what to say to you.
    Trip....charge tripple slash
    Sleep.....leech
    Stun immunity.....Shrug it off

Sounds like a dark runner >_>
    Truth:

Trion and XL games hates everything I say because its the truth and stings like fire.
    Exposing the weaknesses in your circuit would send most to react in a way to fix the chain.
    Instead we get to see an awkward teen afraid of its flaws hiding them under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda Delux View Post
    Sleep.....leech

+1 to Andromeda Delux^^ nice and clever answer ;but still many players think that mage is OP but it is the weakest right now ( even weaker than archers ).
    Among the guilds a time where
    the Elven-kings under the sky,
    where Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    where Mortal Men doomed to die,
    the Ferre in the wilds and Warborn
    lived in harmony In the Land of Nui but,
    The One Guild was only for
    the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.
    One Guild to rule them all,
    One Guild to find them,
    One Guild to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.

Quote Originally Posted by arby View Post
    I think since they tried to synergize archery to witchcraft they felt it was necessary to nerf witchcraft in order still screw archers.
    That made me laugh.

Witchcraft nerfs aren't that bad. Just means you've actually got to use your head when playing now.
    More theory crafting roleplayer.

When Archeage came out, I actually ran witchcraft as a core of all my classes (Nightwitch, Shroudmaster, Demonologist, Trickster, Daggerspell, Shadowblade). At the time, Fear was relevant, as it only had two counters: Courageous Action (which required witchcraft), and Stillness (which was often included on builds with Witchcraft).

It healed pretty well; about 6-9k heals every 23 seconds IF you were not ham hands and messed up your Earthen bonds. It combo'd with Sorcery and lightning strongly, and it was pretty good anti mage, since most people didn't have high resist numbers yet.

That all got nerfed THREE times:

-We now have tons of fear immunity:
    Intensity (Archers -considered by fanatics to be a core class)
    Stillness (Nothing changed there; Cure already cast Fear, arguably stronger than fear immunity because you don't have to time it)
    Retribution (Fear Immunity for almost 50% of the time with no global cooldown and can be cast after Stillness to ensure no double fears)
    Sorcery 8 passive (Fear reduction)
    15% reduction T7 Katana (yeah we're going there since you believe it's a viable weapon)

In other words, now, with cloth armor, we have a 55% Fear reduction to all Sorcery classes, immunity on any melees that use occultism, immunity on Archers. The only classes prone to Fear now: Darkrunners and other non occultism melees.

(Do some research on how many status effects have these many counters and more importantly, this LONG of counters (There are a few stun removals/immunities, but stuns are shorter, and their immunities are VERY short duration)

The heal is now complete garbage after 3 nerfs. It really can't even be considered a heal anymore, healing maybe 2400-5000 hp on average on toons with 17+k hp, and its now offset cooldown which prevents enervate being up the exact same time as Earthen unless you want to wait and hold skills.... Earthen bonds used to be 3 times as strong as occultism's life leech, but now life leech heals almost 3 times Earthen Bonds.... AND couples with Brand to speed up its heal/damage.

The ONLY thing that really revived Witchcraft was an OP single skill feature: 2.5 Fiend's Knell. Now it's nerfed back into the ground too, having a 2.5 minute cooldown.

Witchcraft has become more or less a mindless PVE grind class for its 2% Damage/Mana conversion, and otherwise a "anything I can do some other class can do better" Tree. Most of Witch's pvp capability can be found on occultism, and occultism by itself has been buffed like crazy on damage.

There is one exception: Demonologist. It's hard to replace Hell's Spear > Chain lightning > Dahuta's Breath > Arc lightning with another combo, but this requires you to play an almost immobile class that is highly prone to kiters. Which is..... 90% of the pvp base...

The nerfs too witchcraft are more of an annoyance than a balance issue. Now instead of instantly throwing mudhand, you have to set it up with a cc or backdrop to compensate for the cast time. If anything the change to mud hand gave archers (especially primeval) a fighting chance against heavy cc classes. As a daggerspell in 1's I haven't had much of an issue with it..just had to tweak a few things in my rotation...but it didnt kill my class by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda Delux View Post
    Sleep.....leech

Er sorry, I meant immunity to all 3 of those CCs.
    Immunity to trip is available in sorcery and defense.
    Immunity to sleep in witchcraft and songcraft.
    Immunity to stun in aura and songcraft.

Darkrunners have no fear or sleep immunity.
    This makes poxbane or cabalist amazing counters to darkrunner. There is no excuse for losing to darkrunners if you have the above knowledge.
    Sirothe/Nebe - The Devout

Quote Originally Posted by malineczka View Post
    XL games just doesn't want you to play witchcraft anymore. Didn't you understand that after 5439875 nerfs?

But! Now you get choice! Either not change you build and get ♥♥♥♥ version of earthen grip -or- put one more point in witchcraft to get LESS ♥♥♥♥ version of earthen grip! Isn't it wonderful?

I am considering swaping witchcraft to occultism tbh (after almost 2 years of getting more and more angry every patch oh silly me). Only thing that keeps me from doing that is AOE fear (only actual CC versus ton of melee classes for instance because insidious whisper is AWFUL now)

Or you can always use creditu cardo and reroll darkrunner! Why not?
    Impale is prob more useful as subsequent hits don't have a chance to de-activate fear, which happens about 40% of the time per hit after fear.... Impale is also far more comboable, and Occultism has one of the easiest Heal reduction debuffs in the game to proc, with Mana Stars >Force, and also combos VERY well with sources of Distress (Defense, Battlerage, Shadowplay ALL have really accessible Distress now)

Imo, the only way Occult is inferior at all to witchcraft, is Mana Sustain, and only by a little....

Er sorry, I meant immunity to all 3 of those CCs.
    Immunity to trip is available in sorcery and defense.
    Immunity to sleep in witchcraft and songcraft.
    Immunity to stun in aura and songcraft.

Darkrunners have no fear or sleep immunity.
    This makes poxbane or cabalist amazing counters to darkrunner. There is no excuse for losing to darkrunners if you have the above knowledge.
    Except.... that Poxbane doesn't have a hard damage source to counter the amount of damage a darkrunner can put out, even disregarding their cc.... Precision strike/Shadowsmite don't really require much of a setup, and a darkrunner can make your heals useless in so many ways that your Purge can't keep up with it? (Thwart, Distress, Mark, Shaken, all nerf heals to the ground and are for the most part on a darkrunner SPAMMABLE...)

Poxbane used to be able to fear a darkrunner into submission with a Fiend, but now that that's gone they are going to roll over you again, especially if using an Honor cape.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast