+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why this Homecoming Gear Ticket ?...

Why this Homecoming Gear Ticket ?...

Before I start this - yeah I know - most of you will say I'm crying and yeah I really do that.

I played since start of rangora and build myself a nice home there.

Since 3 months I invest all my gold and time in gearing my characters. I think you all want to get stronger and get better than other players. In sum there are gone about 30-40k gold, maybe more, maybe less in that gear.

I got myself a celestial gear in that time - then they announced they will make it more easy to regrade to celestial - I was ok with that... not that great because items will be worth much less - so I paid more but ok.

After I come online in 2.9 I saw they gave that Homecoming Gift Pack to every player... and after I checked the reward I nearly puked ... lol

So in the end I invested my time and gold and got to about 4k GS and now everyone gets it for free without time afford... I'm happy for these players, but it's unfair and a ♥♥♥♥ behaviour for the other players who spent that much time for it.

If I had spend that gold in buidlings, properties, ships and other stuff It wouldn't have been so worthless.

Sorry for my english and grammar. I still wish you a good time with the game, but soon without me... I won't subscribe any longer - the game is great but some of these decisions they've done since the start of the game are so bad and now I'm done.

Maybe I'm the only one who is mad about this, it would be ok for me, but also maybe there are some other players who doesn't like this reward for everyone.

If you spent 40k on Celestial armor then it's your fault. You spent your money very poorly.
    Good luck on your future endeavors. In the next game ask for help what's good prices for the pieces you want from experienced people in the community.

im pretty mad they gave everyone the hardest to make honour belt/tassets for gratis

I'm not mad exactly, I understand that mmo's have a natural gear progression and people need a way to catch up - especially new players. On the other hand, it was the last push I needed to quit playing so much. In a way I'm grateful. It made me realize that with my play style and lack of dollar investment trying to progress further was effectively a waste of time.

So many packs run over time to gear up. Never did reach competitive level. So much time 'invested'. Wasted. The process was not fun. I was not entertained, merely occupied. It's not entirely the games fault. It's my fault for getting so focused on the gear grind I forgot gaming was supposed to be fun.

I'm just going to play around and have fun now until my current gear makes the game impossible, holding out for the next welfare bundle. No more hauling packs. No more single planting. No more constant refreshing of the AH trying to catch a flip. No more tedious crap tolerated in the hope of ticking the gear score up a notch for that tiny sense of achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    If you spent 40k on Celestial armor then it's your fault. You spent your money very poorly.
    Good luck on your future endeavors. In the next game ask for help what's good prices for the pieces you want from experienced people in the community.
    If you answer to a post you should read and think about it first. Nothing more to say.

Setrict yeah... that's what I also will do... I will quit my patrons and play it just as a f2p with no more investments.

I also done so much for the gold ... and now my gear is worthless... they never mentioned it as far as I know... that's why I'm mad.

don't forget to close the door when you leave

Autumn's Petal Dedea
    ♢ ♢ ♢ Aesir ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢
    Shatigon, EU

Quit.

http://www.twitch.tv/deedeaa

I played Morpheus since it's launch.
    I have spent about 300g to get my 3.8 gs with only 2 gems

This was just the push to convince me to stay Now my alt has a 4k ish gs at 51 and I will continue to lazyly at my own pace work on my gear score.

I did quit for 3 weeks and gave away my cottage and 2 16x16 at Life is Feudal launch.

Came back and now have a 24x24 a 16x16 and a 8x8

Your story is different than mine.

I won't ever complain over Free Stuff

@Dedea - of course I do that - you are a example for a great part of the community, when they throw words on new players and give them bad answers on normal questions.

@Shiverwind - yes your story is totally different to mine - but like you say - you quitted came back and now you are on the level like the players who played for this time - just as a example. I won't complain over free stuff... but this time the stuff destroys very much afford and gold... could have been spend better.

If you work for a few months to get the money for something you want and then after you got it - suddenly something better is coming out and everyone gets it for free, also you of course... but you spend money for it and it's useless now and the other people still have their money - would you be pleased with it ?

But I understand your case... that's nice for you, but also that's the unfair point.

Honestly I fail to understand the point of these kind of threads. YOU decided to spend the time to get yourself geared. YOU were the one spending that much money on your gear. To me this game is all about having fun and having projects to work on - one of them is indeed my gear. Just be happy what you have achieved yourself, because at the end of the day no one gives a crap where you got your gear from, other than yourself.

Also the money - it comes and goes. Doesn't really matter as you can make 1k gold per day quite easily. That's worth of one celestial armor piece.

Quote Originally Posted by GrowlingMoose View Post
    Honestly I fail to understand the point of these kind of threads. YOU decided to spend the time to get yourself geared. YOU were the one spending that much money on your gear. To me this game is all about having fun and having projects to work on - one of them is indeed my gear. Just be happy what you have achieved yourself, because at the end of the day no one gives a crap where you got your gear from, other than yourself.

Also the money - it comes and goes. Doesn't really matter as you can make 1k gold per day quite easily. That's worth of one celestial armor piece.
    Exactly, that's what I meant by what I said. I was just so upset that someone would exaggerate about what they spent. For the same 40k He could be rocking a full divine buff armor set.

Personally I invested over 2,000 hours into the game since launch, as well as $3k USD over the entire time. I was annoyed when they did the hellkissed weapons give away, but I never let it take away the enjoyment I got out of the game. I would have been more accepting if they didn't mess up saying they were only skins just to find out that they were full weapons. The lack of credible information portrayed as fact without actual effort to see what the actual event is, that is what pissed me off the most. But after a couple days I realized my pvp is somewhat better than these newbies, and I got over it. Enjoy your game, don't let promotional periods get to you. Learn the mechanics and blow those new warriors away with your skill.
    Phattylootus

YOLOFever

Nazar

"Catch the Fever!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast