Thread: Fix Salve Larders materials

Fix Salve Larders materials

Fix Salve Larders materials
    40 ginseng and 20 olives is ridiculously expensive

right now an average on the other larders are:
    30 milk (30*0.07g) 2.1g + 10 lemons (10*0.10g) 1g = 3.1g
    5 honey (5*0.30g) 1.5g + 5 hay (5*0.35) 1.75g = 3.25g
    40 ginseng (40*0.12g) 4.8g + 20 olives (20*0.1g) 2g = 6.8g

a slave larder still costs literally more than twice the amount to make the other larders.
    they need to change how stupid this is

I remember back in the day when Honey used to be around 1g per. the issue is supply and demand and the supply is just too low. If it's so expensive then grow your own.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

How I used to do it is to stockpile salve larders and have one run worth of honey or cheese so that during a peace time that I could run the larders my first run would be cheese and honey like everyone else and then any subsequent run would be salve since the turn in for cheese and honey would be tanked by then.

For instance, Hasla to Ynystere you get something like 35g per larder which means you only need an 11% spread (or 22 packs worth) on cheese to make salve actually worth more on turn in.

That's not broken, that's called game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    I remember back in the day when Honey used to be around 1g per. the issue is supply and demand and the supply is just too low. If it's so expensive then grow your own.
    you realised that is because the majority of people didnt know how to make the honey right?
    also in this case it isnt a supply problem, there is a ♥♥♥♥ ton on the AH, the problem is the labor to harvest the olives and the time to grow the ginseng that determines their value. Olives is equal to lemons in terms of labor/time/cost, but we need 20 olives compared to the 10 lemons.
    Then 40 ginseng; you realise how much over a reason amount that is right?

you realise you are thinking from a singular mindset right? if one other person does what u thinking, how screwed are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanceknight View Post
    you realise you are thinking from a singular mindset right? if one other person does what u thinking, how screwed are you?
    Not at all. Because there are always way more people turning in cheese and honey. On my server cheese usually gets lower than 100% from most of the profitable turn in spots during a peace time. The salve spread is almost always more profitable. Plus I don't really run larders domestically anyway since I don't find them worth it anymore unless going across the ocean since you can get similar returns doing normal or fert packs be giving the mats to a cross region person to craft for you. No need for land for larder aging and great domestic returns.

Save the larders for cross ocean runs and let the others fight over cheese turn in values.

Alternatively, you could do what I do and just buy a piece of land near your favorite turn in, run one or two runs in during the peace time to the gold trader until the value drops and then stage the rest near by for runs when no one seems around. It's a little more dangerous that way, but again it's kind of the point of the system... if you want the best profits you have to not do what everyone else is doing.

Growing your own isn't the problem. I'm not even addressing the labor cost here. The cost of a ginseng seedling is much more that of other seedlings and saplings. Add to that the time to grow (days instead of hours) and the amount needed, and the ROI immediately drops to a percentage of what you can get for the others. Not only that, with the new turn-in timers and reductions in percentages, one freighter of packs can drop the rate by quite a bit, even if they're a "mixed bag" of packs, thereby reducing your ROI even more.

Don't get me wrong, I see what everyone is saying, but I kind of agree with the OP in that they need to be "tweaked" a bit.

They need to fall in line with the other packs.
    Is anyone else sad to know that people will rant and rave about being banned when they know damn good and well they broke the rules? Sadder still is the energy consumption and the lengths they will go to so they can continue to break them... and the threads they post when they finally get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Growing your own isn't the problem. I'm not even addressing the labor cost here. The cost of a ginseng seedling is much more that of other seedlings and saplings. Add to that the time to grow (days instead of hours) and the amount needed, and the ROI immediately drops to a percentage of what you can get for the others. Not only that, with the new turn-in timers and reductions in percentages, one freighter of packs can drop the rate by quite a bit, even if they're a "mixed bag" of packs, thereby reducing your ROI even more.

Don't get me wrong, I see what everyone is saying, but I kind of agree with the OP in that they need to be "tweaked" a bit.

They need to fall in line with the other packs.
    yea thats all i'm saying, it needs to be tweaked to be more in line
    to bad trion never reads this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Lanceknight View Post
    yea thats all i'm saying, it needs to be tweaked to be more in line
    to bad trion never reads this forum
    I'm sure most of the thread ideas are passed onto XL, but that is the problem. XL will have to make the change.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

I'm sure most of the thread ideas are passed onto XL, but that is the problem. XL will have to make the change.
    i made a thread about 3 weeks ago with the title Trion doesnt read this forum. it took them 3 days to see it, remove it and give me an infraction

the only way changes happens is if enough people ♥♥♥♥♥ about it

+ Reply to Thread