+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.0 New Fresh Start Servers

Question 3.0 New Fresh Start Servers

Just curious to see if the community would be up for it again or even if Trion is considering doing them again when 3.0 is released. With the 2 new races, people returning, game content being at its peak it would be a perfect time for it. What are your thoughts? I would definitely be down for it.

Depends on how they handle it. I would prefer not another Rangora / Morpheus, if you catch my drift.

I guess you missed the long thread on this topic just a few days ago?
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...erver-with-3.0
    Mulberry ~ Snowberry ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ Kadum West
    Fraxinus ~ Wynn West
    Cinnabar ~ Wynn East

In Korea they announced a fresh new Server for 3.0... seperated from all other..
    Kurita

Member of the "White Knight Foundation" :-)
    EU - Haranya / KR - Haranya / RU - Haranya :-)

i'd really want to give this game another shot.

It's too early for that, Morpheus and Rangora they are still new.

Unless the Trion wants launch one fresh server every year..

This again :|
    A fresh start server needs to be justified (it needs to be profitable to Trion and wanted by players).

Previously the big motivator for people to start on Rangora was the separated AH free from the Apex Duplication/other unfixed game breaking bugs. Unfortunately the Apex mechanism allowed players to transfer gold from their old server to the fresh start servers (I personally transferred over 200k via buying Apex, melting them to credits and selling marketplace items very slowly on Rangora).

If Trion don't address this, the new fresh start server will end up worse than Rangora/Morph and fail to attract players. Fixing it is no easy task, they would either have to modify the server rules completely (remove marketplace) create a separate credit pools (which would be an admin nightmare) or just ignore issues and hope the lure of new races would attract enough people to justify powering on the servers for 2 months.
    Sakuracalli (West)

Quote Originally Posted by Higorkovic View Post
    It's too early for that, Morpheus and Rangora they are still new.

Unless the Trion wants launch one fresh server every year..
    But rangora and morpheus weren't fresh servers they allowed ppl to transfer their wealth there cuz of shared credits and amassed apexes.

We want first fresh server that old players won't have advantage over newcomers being able to transfer their amassed wealth there.

It has to be clean slate for everyone
    It was already suggested pre-rangora-morpheus but Trion and XL are idiots so they didn't listen to solutions like separate region etc.

So new server:
    Yes if it will be truly new fresh start server for all.
    No if it will be rangora-morpheus 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfAllTrades View Post
    But rangora and morpheus weren't fresh servers they allowed ppl to transfer their wealth there cuz of shared credits and amassed apexes.

We want first fresh server that old players won't have advantage over newcomers being able to transfer their amassed wealth there.

It has to be clean slate for everyone
    It was already suggested pre-rangora-morpheus but Trion and XL are idiots so they didn't listen to solutions like separate region etc.

So new server:
    Yes if it will be truly new fresh start server for all.
    No if it will be rangora-morpheus 2.0
    It'd most likely be set up similar to Morpheus and Rangora since to deal with the shared labor/apex pool they'd either have to
    1) Lock the server so only new accounts would be able to use it.
    2) Manage three versions of the game (basically how they have NA & EU, just throw this new server in its own isolated region).

Of course the second option would be the worst, since you can't transfer in/out between regions, and setting up a new server that way means the AH and players would be forever isolated, like the PTS. At least that's my assumption.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

On rangora the amassed wealth transfer only affected the economy, there was no singular player, or group/guild/collective that p2w'd so hard that it affected the flow of the server at all (camping freedich, winning dominions etc)

I agree it shouldnt of happened nor should it be there on the new server but it really wasnt that bad on rangora, i dont know about morph.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast