+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 214

Thread: Was it Trion's intention to allow guilds to continuously avoid PvP at all costs with Server merges?

  1. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    729
    It's funny how the "carebears" or whatever you want to call them call us selfish when we ask for server merges in order to increase average population which directly results in a better experience for the vast majority of the players. Being against server merges is the most selfish thing you can possibly do. You are saying, "i dont care about the health of the game, the fun and balance of the other players around me, I just want to control all the land I have in a ghost town so I can make money and RP". Ya that's not selfish at all.

  2. #162
    Senior Member Rekikyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    It's funny how the "carebears" or whatever you want to call them call us selfish when we ask for server merges in order to increase average population which directly results in a better experience for the vast majority of the players. Being against server merges is the most selfish thing you can possibly do. You are saying, "i dont care about the health of the game, the fun and balance of the other players around me, I just want to control all the land I have in a ghost town so I can make money and RP". Ya that's not selfish at all.
    Not what they're saying at all, and to be honest, their intentions often have much more educated reasoning.

    1. Experience. We've done it before. We know the results. Not only has Archeage done it before, we've played 10 years + of MMOs that have done it before. When has a merger actually resulted in long term positive gains? Almost never. The short term benefits in games in which personal assets are limited even, are usually meager at best, immediately impacting many guilds who now have to rank with other guilds, fight other guilds for reduced boss resources, all in exchange for a brief spike in pvp. After the initial spike in pvp, mergers usually result in sharp drop offs of playership, to accommodate the loss of position, not by a guild's own choice, but because of a situation they never signed up for.

    2. Education. Any economically inclined player would know the following:

    -Each server has a limited number of resources, controlled by space, labor, time, boss spawns, and local restrictions (Auroria water). Every merger creates a drastic reduction of supply of all of the above, but doesn't address the fact there are less resources chasing the same amount of players.

    -Each server has differently developed politics. Many players have vastly different gear, structures, and even are on the server they are on to escape the very people who plagued them before transfers were available. Compared to the utility of a compact, isolated merger environment, the benefits of multiple servers are far greater. They create the capacity for population growth under ideal circumstances, whereas server mergers only provide further reasons for server populations to shrink.

    -When trying to maximize profit, a gaming publisher considers the people you call carebears, the people you call pvpers, and everyone else, to be all players, all sources of income, and all important to the consideration behind mergers. When you have 8 servers of at least 250,000 properties paying taxes in game, and shrink them to less servers, that's less patron, less taxes, less decorations bought, less items regarding house creation, and less people. As less people buy land, and land related goods, and populations shrink, they also lose gear related incomes, because less people are buying. For example, look at European servers. One of the reasons Apex is higher on Eu, is because there are less buyers. Their regrade charms are also higher because of this. Lower supply = higher price when demand is consistent. Revenue is important for a game's solvency, expansion and continued development. You're basically telling Trion and XP to take in a fraction of their revenue.

    -It doesn't solve any of the specific reasons servers shrunk on their own. The very servers now in danger of not being fun for pvpers, used to be full of them, full of carebears. Where'd they go over time? Boredom? Why are they bored? Guild Politics? How did guild politics encourage them to quit? Resource capping? Why are so few people geared enough to consider themselves competent pvpers after years of gameplay? Paywall? How much of game viability is impacted by purchases? Game structures? Does predictable spawns, and winner windfall style game development feel compatible to ALL players enough to feel they can participate? Do games that require either a huge immediate injection of cash. or YEARS of player in game development appeal to players in the long term?




    Server mergers solve none of these problems. They make them worse. They aren't carebear exclusive problems. They are financial problems, game development problems, publisher problems, capacity problems.

  3. #163
    I just realized the title is about server merges and not the open transfer issue. Though, I do feel OP meant to type "server transfers", not "server merges". My search for threads using the word "transfer" resulted in this thread displaying as "Was it Trion's intention to allow guilds to continuously avoid PvP at all".

    Just want to make it clear that my previous posts are in regards to entire guilds transferring in order to farm lesser evolved server content. I welcome server merges, as it would result in less opportunities to manipulate the server transfer mechanics for means of profit.

  4. #164
    Senior Member Physician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Game World
    Posts
    3,624
    Dude (To Disaster), if you wanted pvp, you should've transferred to Nazar. The intension was clear, you guys just wanted to destroy the player nation rather than making one and have the challengers challenge you guys.

    There is a word for this...

    COWARDS.
    RIP 2014 - 2018
    Cardiologist/Physician/Giver

    "Time for me to move on, have fun everybody and be nice to each other and play the selfless game. After all, its just a game." - Cardio

  5. #165
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by DissentNotWelcome1 View Post
    I just realized the title is about server merges and not the open transfer issue. Though, I do feel OP meant to type "server transfers", not "server merges". My search for threads using the word "transfer" resulted in this thread displaying as "Was it Trion's intention to allow guilds to continuously avoid PvP at all".

    Just want to make it clear that my previous posts are in regards to entire guilds transferring in order to farm lesser evolved server content. I welcome server merges, as it would result in less opportunities to manipulate the server transfer mechanics for means of profit.
    Yes I meant transfers, typo out of rage :^)

    TL;DR transfers are designed horribly but the real issue here is overall game population imo.

  6. #166
    All i read from all the pvp "lovers" (whereas i call them low level and afk slautghterers) is

    "boohooohooo the others do not want to play with us, please trino bind them to the ground so they cannot run away and we can force our playstyle to them..."

    whereas

    "play with us" = ganked, afk-killed, etc...
    "bind them to the ground" = prevent server transfers
    "force our playstyle" = so we can gank, kill afkers, low levels and farmers

    Did i get it right?`
    Yes seems so...

  7. #167
    Senior Member Wolfshe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Escapadia View Post
    All i read from all the pvp "lovers" (whereas i call them low level and afk slautghterers) is

    "boohooohooo the others do not want to play with us, please trino bind them to the ground so they cannot run away and we can force our playstyle to them..."

    whereas

    "play with us" = ganked, afk-killed, etc...
    "bind them to the ground" = prevent server transfers
    "force our playstyle" = so we can gank, kill afkers, low levels and farmers

    Did i get it right?`
    Yes seems so...
    Oh look another potato #salute

    You must be killed alot to call them that hahahaha Not all the Pvp "lovers" does that unless you are red then you have to die, plain and simple....

    I like both aspects of the game Pvp & Pve. Though lately I have been leaning more towards Pvp muhahaha why cos the constant farming gets boring, how people can do the same thing over and over and over again is mind boggling but to each their own.

    I love the daily sodium of AA Please continue
    Wolfshe
    Retired Primeval
    R.I.P Kyprosa 2014 - 2017
    R.I.P Tempest 2017 - 2018
    Halnaak 2019 - ?

    May the good times always live on

  8. #168
    Senior Member JemandLeNoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician View Post
    Dude (To Disaster), if you wanted pvp, you should've transferred to Nazar. The intension was clear, you guys just wanted to destroy the player nation rather than making one and have the challengers challenge you guys.

    There is a word for this...

    COWARDS.
    Disaster ain't the cowards in this case. Romeos and his guild left without a fight.
    Jamile

  9. #169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    - Away -
    Posts
    10,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Escapadia View Post
    All i read from all the pvp "lovers" (whereas i call them low level and afk slautghterers) is

    "boohooohooo the others do not want to play with us, please trino bind them to the ground so they cannot run away and we can force our playstyle to them..."

    whereas

    "play with us" = ganked, afk-killed, etc...
    "bind them to the ground" = prevent server transfers
    "force our playstyle" = so we can gank, kill afkers, low levels and farmers

    Did i get it right?`
    Yes seems so...
    Yep, that seems to be the running trend of the PVP players in this game. The moment there is even a slight hint of disadvantage or even not guaranteed wins they give up and quit or transfer. Proving yet again that it's not PVP that they want, but easy targets to steal progress from.

  10. #170
    Senior Member Empyreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician View Post
    Dude (To Disaster), if you wanted pvp, you should've transferred to Nazar. The intension was clear, you guys just wanted to destroy the player nation rather than making one and have the challengers challenge you guys.

    There is a word for this...

    COWARDS.
    Dont you server hop monthly yourself?


    That aside, Its not like disaster is quiet... they're there to be contested but no one is contesting them. PLayer nation or not, The north basically left without putting up a fight and while i'm no fan of disaster.... they do seemingly bring disaster to those they're after. I guess thats the pun they're going for?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts