+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 103 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to post more 3.0 info soon

Quote Originally Posted by Taikai View Post
    Construction has 0 effect on labor cost of tax certs. At least in na
    This thread is about 3.0 though.

well, All i gota say is. when SWG came out I played it because it was an awsume "SANDBOX" game. They ruined it and lost most of their dedicated crafters. I left SWG when those changes came in. If i am funnled or forced into game play I dont want. Then its not a sandbox game. I came to AA because it was a Sandbox game, meaning I get to choose what i want to do, when i want to do it and how i want to do it. Forcing me to rely on others is not sandbox. Removing the ability to play solo as I want to play solo is not sandbox.. I run 4 crafting accounts right now in AA and yes I do pay real money for 1 of them. If you want a game where players are required to rely on each and group with each other. Then go play WoW or some other non-sandbox mmo.

I dont care for any of the agriculture changes and many other charges. so i guess i shall follow suit like many other farmers, crafters and pack runners. Ill close my accounts and go elsewhere and wait for a good sandbox game where I am not forced to do things i dont want to do.

180k to craft a chicken coop? 230k to craft a cow pen? What about those of us who have spent tons of gold on snowflakes so we could do the crafting we wanted to do. yep, i can see my time in AA coming to close with 3.0 if these changes come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentatsu View Post
    well, All i gota say is. when SWG came out I played it because it was an awsume "SANDBOX" game. They ruined it and lost most of their dedicated crafters. I left SWG when those changes came in. If i am funnled or forced into game play I dont want. Then its not a sandbox game. I came to AA because it was a Sandbox game, meaning I get to choose what i want to do, when i want to do it and how i want to do it. Forcing me to rely on others is not sandbox. Removing the ability to play solo as I want to play solo is not sandbox.. I run 4 crafting accounts right now in AA and yes I do pay real money for 1 of them. If you want a game where players are required to rely on each and group with each other. Then go play WoW or some other non-sandbox mmo.

I dont care for any of the agriculture changes and many other charges. so i guess i shall follow suit like many other farmers, crafters and pack runners. Ill close my accounts and go elsewhere and wait for a good sandbox game where I am not forced to do things i dont want to do.

180k to craft a chicken coop? 230k to craft a cow pen? What about those of us who have spent tons of gold on snowflakes so we could do the crafting we wanted to do. yep, i can see my time in AA coming to close with 3.0 if these changes come in.
    Don't you have it backwards? Sandbox had always been group based gameplay while themepark have been solo all the time; only end game group based. Sure we have "options" to play solo in sandbox but that doesn't mean sandbox are solo games and you will still have the "option" to play solo in 3.0, just that you won't be able to achieve much being unsocial and unfriendly toward fellow players, which is a very good change. If you want solo sandbox play skyrim or witcher 3.

even in vanilla SWG you had to rely on others for plenty of htings, as one person could not easily do EVERYTHING that was needed to thrive in the market on a large scale. Small scale sure, but there were plenty of things that needed to be accomplished by those in other professions, so before they changed things to a level grind (which is when it started crashing and burning). The interplay between classes and professions was actually very well done and ENCOURAGED group play and sharing of resources.

Just saying this is a bit different from SWG is all, here you can be all things in a lot of cases, in SWG you could not.

@Gentatsu
    this is a MMO,not a CRPG like Skyrim or Witcher,so i can do both,play single AND if needed help my Guild,then i craft or trade for/with them,IMHO AA is perfect with this
    Sirpeter + Cael ;EU - Jakar - Haranya;Leader of <Sturmherzen>,german PvE Guild
    Lianel,Member of Skyfall,Nuia;Albar[deleted],Dwarv+Adandon[deleted]Warsong
    Alpha+Beta1-4 at Dahuta>Eanna ->Aier -> Anthalon -> Retribution -> Jakar

Quote Originally Posted by harutora View Post
    Don't you have it backwards? Sandbox had always been group based gameplay while themepark have been solo all the time; only end game group based. Sure we have "options" to play solo in sandbox but that doesn't mean sandbox are solo games and you will still have the "option" to play solo in 3.0, just that you won't be able to achieve much being unsocial and unfriendly toward fellow players, which is a very good change. If you want solo sandbox play skyrim or witcher 3.
    i believe the focus is that stuff like trade runs and crafting were some of the solo options that are now requiring group play that Gentatsu is against. i'm not a fan either, one shouldn't need other people just to make more than a few trade packs a day. that and it doesn't change much else other than the method to obtain crafting materials. if it changed things all down the line, i'm sure a lot of people wouldn't be so weary of 3.0, but so far it just looks like it makes the starting point a bottleneck, which will negatively impact things on the other end (try getting armor when it takes 80% more to make it)

This post is so wrong lol. The entire POINT of a sandbox is relying on others. I need you for your profession, you need me for mine, etc etc. That's how it is supposed to work in a free market economy. Not master of the universe, that's more like a themepark.

Edit* Also in KR AA people don't have 234234 accounts like we do so they have ALWAYS relied on others.

Quote Originally Posted by gruffen2 View Post
    i believe the focus is that stuff like trade runs and crafting were some of the solo options that are now requiring group play that Gentatsu is against. i'm not a fan either, one shouldn't need other people just to make more than a few trade packs a day. that and it doesn't change much else other than the method to obtain crafting materials. if it changed things all down the line, i'm sure a lot of people wouldn't be so weary of 3.0, but so far it just looks like it makes the starting point a bottleneck, which will negatively impact things on the other end (try getting armor when it takes 80% more to make it)
    Crafting and trade run are still solo, well the ones that give less gold that is. And frankly i think it is a good change, mmo are meant to be played with players not with alters. Hell even the game he mentioned : SWG, before NGE it was heavily player interaction based, if I wanted to craft something better than basic they had to interact with players who specialized in a specific profession that is connected to the profession I am trying to use to make something better than basic. In recent days mmorpg just became so much of a joke that people think that is the norm, we need to go back to the root.

can u check leaderboards, what koreans classes currently using in new server, top tier tanks etc, mages )

Quote Originally Posted by harutora View Post
    Crafting and trade run are still solo, well the ones that give less gold that is. And frankly i think it is a good change, mmo are meant to be played with players not with alters. Hell even the game he mentioned : SWG, before NGE it was heavily player interaction based, if I wanted to craft something better than basic they had to interact with players who specialized in a specific profession that is connected to the profession I am not trying to use to make something better than basic. In recent days mmorpg just became so much of a joke that people think that is the norm, we need to go back to the root.
    thats right Haru, SWG required a ridiculous level of interaction for various things and items. Man if they had some of those systems in AA...(of course removing the ability for everyone to be able to do everything with the right number of snowflakes) it would definately change the system and the playing landscape.

Many would see it as a nerf however.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 103 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast