+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 397

Thread: Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    - Away -
    Posts
    10,309
    Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    Half the time i make up 1/3rd of my statements on the internet.
    Only we saw this happen already once, and a new merger won't be any different. So rather than shrug off the scenario that we know exactly how it would play out why not just have PVPers go stack a server so that they can gank their own until they quit and leave all the people that don't care that they don't have a steady stream of weak targets to bully alone?

  2. #22
    Senior Member Venyarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    Let's do some math.

    One week of archeage on 9 servers =
    378,000 gold from Delphinad Ghost Ships
    540,000 gold from Abyssal trade packs
    18 ayanad equivalent weapons i'll modestly price at 15k ea = 270,000 gold

    Those 3 events alone produce roughly 1,100,000 gold a week.
    If it's economic/gold inflation that you are trying to control for, there is an easier solution then mergers (which will cause people to quit AA)

    (1) Remove DGS (they weren't always in game)
    (2) reduce amount of crystals from Abyssal (it's already been reduced - on Kyrios, we may get 3 packs each on a good day - used to get way more with way more people competing for them.)
    (3) I presume this point refers to BoE Red Dragon weapons being resold. As this supply continues to grow to feed a static (or decreasing) demand, the price of these will go down. And the fact that these weapons 'are' bought by casuals means the casuals are already benefiting from these, at an ever decreasing price point. So free farm/non-merger helps casuals on this point. And in any case, they can make Dragon spawn less frequently too if gold inflation is still an issue.

    Server merges will piss off people that collected land, and no, land is NOT interchangeable even if "you get to keep your house". Scattered plots around Nuia is not the same as having a cluster in Gweonid near the Lilyut border (and no, I own NO land in Gweonid - so I'm not arguing for myself)

    Making a farmer give up their contiguous plots of land is like saying to a PvP'er "all leather armor is the same, on merger we'll delete your gear and give you a random Divine chest piece, breeches, shoes, etc." (forget about your set bonus!).

    Land matters for those players that play the game for the farming/land aspect of it and is as much a part of their attachment to their character as PvP Gear/kill/honor count is to a PvPer. And before anyone gets all "you are a Carebear" on me, I have twin 6200+GS PvP sets, 50K+ World PvP honor and 5.5K kills on Kyrios (earned when it was "the" PvP server, and I am in a tiny guild/had to PuG for raid v raid PvP).

    Merging servers takes money out of Trion's pocket - less land means lass patrons to hold land and less taxes paid (taxes are generated either from credit purchase, or from labor - which is often credit purchased, or enhanced with patron labor generation). Taking money out of Trion's pocket is NOT a good move for overall game health, they will have to recover it by other means, and there is enough griping (legit or not) about "RNG box stuff BoP" or etc. already....

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    Only we saw this happen already once, and a new merger won't be any different. So rather than shrug off the scenario that we know exactly how it would play out why not just have PVPers go stack a server so that they can gank their own until they quit and leave all the people that don't care that they don't have a steady stream of weak targets to bully alone?
    Server merges stabilized dead servers, Kraken has been one of the more consistently healthy servers since merge. Ollo has been completely dead.

    Even still, they didn't properly merge back then. For starters there were many issues with it which they will learn from the second time around. Secondly they didn't merge nearly enough servers together. We wouldn't be in this situation right now if they just went down to 5 or 6 a year ago when most people who knew anything told them to do this.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    - Away -
    Posts
    10,309
    Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    Server merges stabilized dead servers, Kraken has been one of the more consistently healthy servers since merge. Ollo has been completely dead.

    Even still, they didn't properly merge back then. For starters there were many issues with it which they will learn from the second time around. Secondly they didn't merge nearly enough servers together. We wouldn't be in this situation right now if they just went down to 5 or 6 a year ago when most people who knew anything told them to do this.
    Kraken is a cesspool of purpling east and pretty free farming west. It's population keeps dwindling to the point that many of the CR/GRs through the day only have two parties in them now on the east. The seas are completely dead almost 24/7. Tons of people are leaving because of the toxic players that all came in from other servers ruining the fun when the server used to be getting pretty stable and fun since you knew most of the players and how they acted. If a couple of the big PVP guilds left for a PVP server rather than holding their own faction back it could be great and we could actually see some east/west fighting.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Venyarth View Post
    If it's economic/gold inflation that you are trying to control for, there is an easier solution then mergers (which will cause people to quit AA)

    (1) Remove DGS (they weren't always in game)
    (2) reduce amount of crystals from Abyssal (it's already been reduced - on Kyrios, we may get 3 packs each on a good day - used to get way more with way more people competing for them.)
    (3) I presume this point refers to BoE Red Dragon weapons being resold. As this supply continues to grow to feed a static (or decreasing) demand, the price of these will go down. And the fact that these weapons 'are' bought by casuals means the casuals are already benefiting from these, at an ever decreasing price point. So free farm/non-merger helps casuals on this point. And in any case, they can make Dragon spawn less frequently too if gold inflation is still an issue.
    I've long suggested an alternative to merges which results in disabling world events (DGS, RD, etc) on all servers except 3 or 4 of them. Guilds and people who want to do that, go to one of those 3 or 4 servers that it spawns on. if not, then don't go. This solves the issue a bit but the remaining 5 or 6 servers will be absolute ghost towns.

    The real problem with this idea is Trion figuring oout how to disable boss events on some servers and not others. They can't do much, you think they can do that properly? Heh.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Focslain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    The real problem with this idea is Trion figuring oout how to disable boss events on some servers and not others. They can't do much, you think they can do that properly? Heh.
    Doubtful, but that's more on how XL programed the game. Having the option to change time on a server basis is beyond them as XL just figured out how to separate the times of the spawns of said events.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

    Experience colours perception.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Nerrivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Rokhala Reflecting Pools, Taris
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    Let's do some math.

    One week of archeage on 9 servers =
    378,000 gold from Delphinad Ghost Ships
    540,000 gold from Abyssal trade packs
    18 ayanad equivalent weapons i'll modestly price at 15k ea = 270,000 gold

    Those 3 events alone produce roughly 1,100,000 gold a week.
    378,000 + 540,000 + 270,000 = 1,188,000 (missed the mark by a whopping 88,000 - wow.)

    Anyway, the weapons don't produce anything. The gold they are worth, the gold they are bought with, is produced by someone doing something. So the weapons don't add any gold to the economy, meaning we need to promptly deduct those modest 270k from your curious result. Which brings us back to 918,000.

    Besides, reducing the amount of available weapons by half while demand remains the same will double their value, making them much more expensive. This would certainly make anyone happy who is able to farm them, but will not benefit the casuals in any way.

    I don't personally care about any of the above, but...you seem to find logic important, so maybe you should check your own.

    #JustSayin
    "Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."

    Oscar Wilde on ArcheAge

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerrivic View Post
    378,000 + 540,000 + 270,000 = 1,188,000 (missed the mark by a whopping 88,000 - wow.)

    Anyway, the weapons don't produce anything.
    Go up against a guild full of red dragon gliders and get back to me. They are spawned in to the game out of nowhere and give an extreme advantage. It counts.

    The weapons go for roughly ayanad prices since they are ayanad equivalent, you are suggesting that ayanads will double in value if RD weapons will. Can't see why that would happen.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    - Away -
    Posts
    10,309
    Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    Go up against a guild full of red dragon gliders and get back to me.
    They were saying they don't inflate the economy, which was the whole premise of your argument. You obviously haven't thought this through very well.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    They were saying they don't inflate the economy, which was the whole premise of your argument. You obviously haven't thought this through very well.
    You people have no idea what you are talking about. Red Dragon weapons are constantly priced at or around Ayanad prices. Most people consider them a cheap alternative. The only high demand Red Dragon weapon is the bow because of its use effect. A guild equipping all of its members with red dragon bows is the exact same thing as a guild selling it and splitting the gold.

    Half the spawn rate of RD = double the value of the weapons is the most lulziest BS half thought up argument I have ever read.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts