+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    Here's that straw man argument...
    “You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means”

A strawman argument would be if instead of arguing against what you said, I made up something then argued against that. As I didn't do that (I made a proposal), see above.

As you're trying hard, unsuccessfully, to rhetoric, I'll deign to edjumakate you a tad and point out that
    ...the potatoes...
    is the fallacious argument Ad Hominem -- attacking the person instead of their argument. Your posts are replete with such insults.

You're welcome!

What you just said highlight whats wrong with world events and merges would only be temporal fix. Eventually after initial pvp spike merged servers population would drop (as what happened after first merge) and one or two guilds would be freefarming these events again. In my opinion rewards should be shifted from world events to other areas of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda Delux View Post
    Kraken was on the verge of being completely balanced. East started to catch up, west had its flaws, pirates while few in number did pose a threat. There was even the verge of a player nation being formed and pooling together for that. But the flip flop nature of transfers kinda killed that fast. If there's people quitting over it or transfering off, can't say I blame em, especially if they keep their hand on the pulse of whats going on. 2 East castles were fully manned, 2 west castles were fully manned, and 2 new east and west guilds were forming as upstarts to challenge them, and it woulda been a decent balanced fight where anything could happen. Matter of fact one of the sieges that went down from an east guild was proof of how balanced the server was becoming. But fake pvpers don't want an exciting or close fight, they just want shut outs and easy fights and easy content. They go out and farm bosses every time they spawn then ♥♥♥♥♥ at people for not showing up if theres no competition to fight during the raid. If shooting a damn boss is the only fun a real pvper is gonna have while going out to red dragon etc, they're pretty damn likely to not go....especially for DGS etc. ♥♥♥♥s boring.
    Kraken has tons of pvp, its just pirate vs east now and not east vs west. i havent been on kraken long but i know one of west largets guilds went pirate and im sure that hurt a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    Oh my, one spot that they happened to luck in to. If you don't like the server then transfer off rather than deleting everyone's stuff because you can't find enough targets to gank.
    Do you have anything useful to say? You are extremely hostile for being a supposed carebear. In your mind any one who wants to play with other people is carebear ganking scum who want nothing but to fight unarmed peasants all day long. Also server merges is the equivalent of "deleting everyone's stuff" and everything else you say is just ♥♥♥♥ing nonsense. Seriously everything you've said in this entire thread is complete garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by lumi View Post
    What you just said highlight whats wrong with world events and merges would only be temporal fix. Eventually after initial pvp spike merged servers population would drop (as what happened after first merge) and one or two guilds would be freefarming these events again. In my opinion rewards should be shifted from world events to fishing, trade pack running.
    ^This is what will happen when you merge into 3 server. Disaster Wake up . It happen once it will happen again. You still don't get it. Merge is nothing but quick fix to the problem. We seen it happen before.
    Been a month and my ticket have yet been resolve.
    My account was hacked and i lost everything
    141008-002654
    Never Solved but not happy
    10/08/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
    ^This is what will happen when you merge into 3 server. Disaster Wake up . It happen once it will happen again. You still don't get it. Merge is nothing but quick fix to the problem. We seen it happen before.
    The alternative of Trion/XL actually fixing the game and bringing back a population high enough to satisfy 9 servers is pure fantasy. Of course that would be great, not going to happen.

The alternative of Trion/XL actually fixing the game and bringing back a population high enough to satisfy 9 servers is pure fantasy. Of course that would be great, not going to happen.
    Just admit you want easy kill and the easy life. Easy everything. You can make up whatever you like. It everyone here who is not in Disaster support me. Merge does not help at all maybe fresh start server.
    Been a month and my ticket have yet been resolve.
    My account was hacked and i lost everything
    141008-002654
    Never Solved but not happy
    10/08/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyleptic & Silver Blue View Post
    Why, it is a fair comparison!!
    Absolute nonsense.

You get your house packed up as a ready to place package so if you can find land you lose almost NO functionality. What you lose is the aesthetics of your land location and MAYBE a bit of convenience.

Aesthetic vs Functionality.

So yea, if you want to trade aesthetics only? Sure us PvP'ers would be glad to have our transmogs and image items on our gear reset in exchange for merge. On behalf of the PvP'ers, square deal, we accept.

See the ♥♥♥♥ty comparisons you can make when you're comparing dissimilar things? Gear vs Land is not comparable due to their fundamental differences. It's like comparing apples and oranges under the premise that they're both fruit. One similarity does not indicate equivalence.

I mean really if you want to go into it I'd wager that a substantial portion of carebear opposition to mergers etc is again, due to them, trying to justify their playing of the game as NOT intended and in a selfish manner by owning far larger numbers of properties than intended through alt accounts.

If you use your brain, it's pretty obvious that the available amount of land on a server is designed for a specific target population and with each player holding a certain target amount of land to give land SOME scarcity so that it has value but not so crippling that no one can afford anything.

You are all just trying to perform mental gymnastics to avoid confronting the following fact:

The game has a target server population to play as intended by design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata @ Physician for dodging
    *is disappointed*
    Quote Originally Posted by Carebears 2016-2017
    ArcheAge: Craft. Claim. Conquer.
    i heard they lootmastered the levi.

...You [Traciatim] are extremely hostile for being a supposed carebear....
    This is the fallacious argument Ad Hominem.

In your mind any one who wants to play with other people is carebear ganking scum who want nothing but to fight unarmed peasants all day long.
    And this, the fallacious argument Excluded Middle.

Seriously everything you've said in this entire thread is complete garbage.
    And finally, the fallacious argument Hyperbole.

You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudelord View Post
    Absolute nonsense.

You get your house packed up as a ready to place package so if you can find land you lose almost NO functionality. What you lose is the aesthetics of your land location and MAYBE a bit of convenience.
    What can be lost (but may not be...) regarding housing is:
    -number/type of plots
    -plots being consolidated
    -in a desired location

[edited in to add:

-neighborhood, being near friends/guildmates, etc.]

Whether that's function vs aesthetics depends on the person.

Some folks put a lot of time/effort/$ into getting the land they want, just like some put a lot of time/effort/$ into getting the gear they want.

If you're asking the land folks to give up what they worked for, and are unwilling to give up commensurate things you've worked for, you're going to have a hard time convincing them you're being altruistic and only care about the good of the game.

You're applying your values to others. Would you allow others to force their values on to you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast