+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

Disaster in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyleptic View Post
    :

Will you be happy if Trion stripped down your precious gear, and gave you a ticket to get soulforged gear, making all your gear process pointless??
    By your way of comparing land with Gear, in the same sense Trion would have to strip down your Land (merger) and say you have a fully build spired chateau, now they give you a ticket for a 28x28 Mansion. Making your gilda process pointless. Stripping things is not what is happening, and if you have ever paid attention to KR, the new zones have more available land in them than Karkasse + Lilyut Put together. Imagine that on 9 servers! even in KR that land isn't fully encompassed, how do you expect it all to be taken on our 9 servers with low pop compared to their what, 3 servers? all with high pop.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaneKri0s View Post
    DISASTER was stll trying to help RM and work together with west at this point. This was the breaking point.

Dumb analogy. help someone get PvP and asking them to continue to PvP. All there is, was more fun for them, but there was nothing in it for them so they ♥♥♥♥ed off
    Was any agreement made ? Or just a mask to say you guys try pretend to be profaction at that time.
    Been a month and my ticket have yet been resolve.
    My account was hacked and i lost everything
    141008-002654
    Never Solved but not happy
    10/08/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Witchbell View Post
    However you still can't base the server's health around events. People still have the choice of attenting or not. If people know there is a strong guild going to every event that they can't beat, they aren't going to show up for it. If you really want to see how many people are around the server, disappear for a bit and stalk the events to see how many people come back out. Average players PvP and PVE but if they are constantly getting beat in PvP everytime, then to them its a waste of time and resources to participate. Disaster has that type of control because they have scared their competition off. They are either hiding or transfered. If open land is constantly being seen in pvp zones then that would be some indication that the server may be suffering. If not, then people simply aren't attending these events. Fact is Trino has the hard numbers of active players on the server. You can't estimate the server population based on voluntary events, especially when those events are usually controlled by a dominating power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchbell View Post
    Its not even about winning or losing, its about working together towards a common goal. Something that PvPers seem to forget once their egos set in. You want competition and they want to gear up to compete. Whats the solution? Show others that you are cooperative and willing to work together on events to share the spoils. You still get a reward and other can use the gold to properly gear up. Once they've gotten to a spot where they can fend for themselves, you can always start attacking them again. However PvPers usually grow an ego once they've achieved enough strength so they will simply backstab you when they get the chance. Power can be used to help others, not just beat them down. In this specific situation players need to know when and how to use their strength.
    Disaster has done a lot to help greens on most/all servers they have been on. Typically if you show up and at least try to help then we have no problem with you being there and making gold off of it too. The massive amounts of greens that poured in to Abyssal for packs on Kyrios can attest to that. I am not on Ollo so I can't say 100% sure, but I don't think Disaster is acting any differently there and from what I've heard is that nobody is showing up. If you are a West player on Ollo why would you not show up? It's free gold, lots of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
    Was any agreement made ? Or just a mask to say you guys try pretend to be profaction at that time.
    Wasn't a mask, we tried to work with them. Just like we worked with the greens on kyrios.
    Thane
    <Disaster>
    WORLD CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Khegobier View Post
    I quote (from another thread):

You want dumb crap to read? How about that quote.

You didn't transfer to create competition. You transferred with the intention of removing someone else's work. Your guild couldn't possibly care if there were any competition involved. Disaster was laughing that people were abandoning "tens of thousands of dollars worth of in-game investment" when this started happening.

I'll agree to one thing and one thing only: Transfers were and are quite possibly the worst thing that has ever happened to archeage to date.
    Celia types a lot of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ and most of it is to get a reaction out of people or whatever.

What Disaster hoped would happen on Ollo is that Romeos and KGB would grab the attention of other top guilds and recruit them to help defend his player nation. We had a guild meeting right before transferring and talked about this. We honestly thought he'd call up NACL/Salt, Pantsu, and whoever else to come defend him and his 600k gold investment. We also had an understanding with Awakening (Aranzeb) and oso (Salphira), they were going to Kraken for a month to form in to 1 guild then come to Ollo. We thought it would be a new designated PvP server with 3 factions (West, East, and PN).

Obviously none of that happened and Romeos just immediately left. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    Celia types a lot of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ and most of it is to get a reaction out of people or whatever.

What Disaster hoped would happen on Ollo is that Romeos and KGB would grab the attention of other top guilds and recruit them to help defend his player nation. We had a guild meeting right before transferring and talked about this. We honestly thought he'd call up NACL/Salt, Pantsu, and whoever else to come defend him and his 600k gold investment. We also had an understanding with Awakening (Aranzeb) and oso (Salphira), they were going to Kraken for a month to form in to 1 guild then come to Ollo. We thought it would be a new designated PvP server with 3 factions (West, East, and PN).

Obviously none of that happened and Romeos just immediately left. Oh well.
    And you believe merge will get you the pvp you wanted. Most of the players left still active can not do even know how fight a mage ball. Do you really believe everyone waste their time just fight you. Fight a losing battle is pointless
    141008-002654
    10/08/2014

And you believe merge will get you the pvp you wanted. Most of the players left still active can not do even know how fight a mage ball. Do you really believe everyone waste their time just fight you. Fight a losing battle is pointless
    The merge is more about the game's health and economy did you even read the title of the thread? You just assume the reason is for strictly pvp but the issue is really inflation preventing new players from coming to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaque View Post
    The merge is more about the game's health and economy did you even read the title of the thread? You just assume the reason is for strictly pvp but the issue is really inflation preventing new players from coming to the game.
    How does it 3 server where 3 guild control all the content even help casual player anyway. I help a casual player by teach how to do serp invitin them to abyssal give a chance them to make gold. What have Disaster done for casual player trash talking them into quitting the game, Encourage toxic environment, stop all guild to any content , and only 3 server will help encourage them stay the game where they have no chance to even try to do content it.
    141008-002654
    10/08/2014

How does it 3 server where 3 guild control all the content even help casual player anyway. I help a casual player by teach how to do serp invitin them to abyssal give a chance them to make gold. What have Disaster done for casual player trash talking them into quitting the game, Encourage toxic environment, stop all guild to any content , and only 3 server will help encourage them stay the game where they have no chance to even try to do content it.
    lol have you actually ever played on a server with disaster? im pretty sure the massive amount of greens getting free abyssal packs on kyrios because of disaster don't feel the same way as you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast