+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaque View Post
    The merge is more about the game's health and economy did you even read the title of the thread? You just assume the reason is for strictly pvp but the issue is really inflation preventing new players from coming to the game.
    I agree with you that this topic is about game health and economy, as to the effects of pvp post-merge much has already been said so I'm going to leave that alone, and I'll agree to there being inflation in the game (heck, inflation is assumed to be a problem, hence why the game has a giant gold sink), but to state that new players quit playing the game because of inflation is quite the jump (I'm assuming this is what you actually meant by "...inflation preventing...from coming....").

For example, if I'm on vacation and walk into a restaurant, look at the menu and see that something costs $20, I'm not going to whine about inflation. I'm going to either go whatever maybe it's really good tasting something, or go why don't I just grab McDonald's and spend the extra money on something else. Now, assuming your "new" player also includes returning players, lets say I went there on vacation a couple years ago and also ate there, and also remember that back then said something only cost $16. I'm going to say well, it's $4 extra, either there's less competition, it really is just inflation, or they improved the taste of their food but for whatever reason they could increase the price otherwise they would've closed. I'm going to still eat there, but whether or not I decide to eat there next time I'm on vacation there again will NOT be due to the inflation, but for some other reason (waiter was bad, some other change, food didn't taste as good as expected/remembered for the extra cost, something else, etc).

Perhaps, like I said, your statement about new players confused me and I misunderstood it, if not could you please explain why inflation is one of the reasons players quit Archeage, because that's a new one that stumps me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukealex View Post
    I agree with you that this topic is about game health and economy, as to the effects of pvp post-merge much has already been said so I'm going to leave that alone, and I'll agree to there being inflation in the game (heck, inflation is assumed to be a problem, hence why the game has a giant gold sink), but to state that new players quit playing the game because of inflation is quite the jump (I'm assuming this is what you actually meant by "...inflation preventing...from coming....").

For example, if I'm on vacation and walk into a restaurant, look at the menu and see that something costs $20, I'm not going to whine about inflation. I'm going to either go whatever maybe it's really good tasting something, or go why don't I just grab McDonald's and spend the extra money on something else. Now, assuming your "new" player also includes returning players, lets say I went there on vacation a couple years ago and also ate there, and also remember that back then said something only cost $16. I'm going to say well, it's $4 extra, either there's less competition, it really is just inflation, or they improved the taste of their food but for whatever reason they could increase the price otherwise they would've closed. I'm going to still eat there, but whether or not I decide to eat there next time I'm on vacation there again will NOT be due to the inflation, but for some other reason (waiter was bad, some other change, food didn't taste as good as expected/remembered for the extra cost, something else, etc).

Perhaps, like I said, your statement about new players confused me and I misunderstood it, if not could you please explain why inflation is one of the reasons players quit Archeage, because that's a new one that stumps me.
    When a new player just wants to make a cart, build a boat or buy a apex. and they are more than they can afford because they are brand new and have nothing, and the gold they can make is worth dirt, they will quit because they cant even buy what they need to get started catching up.

Its not as simple as things costing more, its things costing too much.

To use a simliar analogy to yours, it's like being payed minimum wage, but everywhere you go for food costs $50, and you cant make enough money to eat every day or pay your rent

Look up "So I did the math..." on youtube to get an idea, too many meanie words for me to post here without an infraction.
    Thane
    <Disaster>
    WORLD CHAMP

How do mergers make a cart/boat cheaper? You could argue APEX might be cheaper after mergers because of less tax alts, but that's gonna hurt trion's bottom line a whole lot more than new players get hurt by expensive APEX. You might argue ts trees would be cheaper with less inflation, but less servers = less land = less supply, but with unprotected farms, maybe they would be less? carts/boats are mostly fixed price type of items that a newbie is going to kill mobs and safe zone pack to get gold, so technically mergers hurt the new player because more people = more people running packs = lower %? Also mergers = less land for the new player should he/she decide to farm, because you've got all those servers you're merging with alts that are all going to place their farms.

I'll agree that gear gap could cause a new player to quit, but mergers won't fix the gear gap either. Can't think of any other catching up offhand that mergers would fix either - honor, etc.

Wouldn't inflation TECHNICALLY help the new player, as inflation would make guilds more likely to have spare gold to give to new players - 20g which means little to them, but for someone way too new to venture into "dangerous areas," means an hour driving their slow 2-pack cart? Though atm I think new players are given a clipper as reward for level 55 and on 7th day playing get a 30-day wagon to start them off?

Missed your edit and I'm a super slow typer. YouTube vid was a good chuckle though, thanks.

Edit 2: To be fair, "new" is subjective, I defined new here as a player still getting land, not level 55 yet, doesn't have red freighter/hauler yet. Your new may include what would be defined here as a more middle-class player, which would change things.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
    How does it 3 server where 3 guild control all the content even help casual player anyway. I help a casual player by teach how to do serp invitin them to abyssal give a chance them to make gold. What have Disaster done for casual player trash talking them into quitting the game, Encourage toxic environment, stop all guild to any content , and only 3 server will help encourage them stay the game where they have no chance to even try to do content it.
    Think of it as a game wide total. There are 9 servers 6 ghost ships per server a day. 18k gold is added to the games economy per server in total it's 162k to the whole game per day you take it down to 3 servers it would be 54k everyday from that source alone. It's basic economics if you print more money the value of that money goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaque View Post
    Think of it as a game wide total. There are 9 servers 6 ghost ships per server a day. 18k gold is added to the games economy per server in total it's 162k to the whole game per day you take it down to 3 servers it would be 54k everyday from that source alone. It's basic economics if you print more money the value of that money goes down.

Basicly u want limited other people earning gold because u know. So your DGS earnings is worth more than others thing. How is that going to help casual player where it benefits only powerhouse guild like disaster who have content lock down?
    Been a month and my ticket have yet been resolve.
    My account was hacked and i lost everything
    141008-002654
    Never Solved but not happy
    10/08/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lukealex View Post
    How do mergers make a cart/boat cheaper? .
    It isn't about the cost of a cart or boat it's about how many boats and carts they will have to run to even get close to buying an Epic weapon and legendary? Fuhgeddabout it.

If you look to the OP I named just a few of the things that spawn daily/weekly on every server x 9 amount of that gold coming in. I believe if these events were limited the value of gold would go up. All of a sudden your dirt farm cart is actually valuable.

My way of making gold (let's say DGS) just got nerfed. Your way of making gold indirectly got buffed as a result of this. That's pretty much what is behind the train of thought. Hey, does it work that way? I dunno.

I'll give you another example. I am on Kraken currently, I just pvp'd for hours, fully buffed for hours, etc. I happened to get 2 packs out of this. How much gold did I really just make compared to the other people on other servers who just show up at DGS and get free gold? A lot less.

Personally I show up for PvP, I don't care if i get 3 packs or 0 packs or anything in between but I do believe free farming content is driving prices out of control. Everything in this game was intended to be regulated with checks and balances. I do believe the reason DGS gives out 6,000 free gold a day is because XL/Trion expected many of that gold to go to different guilds, different people, and to be spent back in to the economy on buffs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    It isn't about the cost of a cart or boat it's about how many boats and carts they will have to run to even get close to buying an Epic weapon and legendary? Fuhgeddabout it.

If you look to the OP I named just a few of the things that spawn daily/weekly on every server x 9 amount of that gold coming in. I believe if these events were limited the value of gold would go up. All of a sudden your dirt farm cart is actually valuable.

My way of making gold (let's say DGS) just got nerfed. Your way of making gold indirectly got buffed as a result of this. That's pretty much what is behind the train of thought. Hey, does it work that way? I dunno.

I'll give you another example. I am on Kraken currently, I just pvp'd for hours, fully buffed for hours, etc. I happened to get 2 packs out of this. How much gold did I really just make compared to the other people on other servers who just show up at DGS and get free gold? A lot less.

Personally I show up for PvP, I don't care if i get 3 packs or 0 packs or anything in between but I do believe free farming content is driving prices out of control. Everything in this game was intended to be regulated with checks and balances. I do believe the reason DGS gives out 6,000 free gold a day is because XL/Trion expected many of that gold to go to different guilds, different people, and to be spent back in to the economy on buffs, etc.
    How does doing those thing actually help casual player ? When do casual player don't even go to those things when it control by one guild?
    Been a month and my ticket have yet been resolve.
    My account was hacked and i lost everything
    141008-002654
    Never Solved but not happy
    10/08/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
    How does doing those thing actually help casual player ? When do casual player don't even go to those things when it control by one guild?
    Holy ♥♥♥♥ reading comprehension man.

Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    Let's do some math.

One week of archeage on 9 servers =
    378,000 gold from Delphinad Ghost Ships
    540,000 gold from Abyssal trade packs
    18 ayanad equivalent weapons i'll modestly price at 15k ea = 270,000 gold

Those 3 events alone produce roughly 1,100,000 gold a week. We won't even mention all the other world bosses, gold trader, castle taxes, and numerous other events every week. The problem with this is that MOST of these servers are uncontested and one or two guilds controls these events on every respawn. They aren't wasting time or money on buffing. They just show up at respawn and collect their gold.

Have you ever wondered why top tier weapons/armors are so expensive? Why you farm and do your trade packs every day but it still seems impossible to catch up in gear without paying. Well, there is your answer.

Suddenly, cut the amount of servers from 9 to 4. Suddenly, add in gold costs to these guilds fully buffing in order to obtain this content. Hey, look. Your trade packs are worth more. Your land farming is now viable. Is this going to put you on an equal level playing field with the top guilds? No. Right now you aren't even in the same stratosphere though.

Stop ♥♥♥♥♥ing about mergeing servers it aint going to happen.
    Pay for the transfer if you want to transfer.
    Im sick of hearing about this. It does nothing positive for the community.
    Hypocrites get offended by the truth

Look at Ultima Online, A good example of the mother of mmorpgs, Ultima Online is still till this day in production 20 years later, Still retaining every server.

Serveing mergeing would just run off alot more players. People are happy with what they have the houses, farms ect on the servers they have them on, There is no other game out there till this day like archeage, Uo is the closest thing to it. Which make archeage unbeatable when it comes to entertainment value.

I see server mergeing as being a disaster for the game and I think its a toxic constant topic. It would be best to just forget about mergeing servers rather than putting that negative thought into the minds of people who have to keep reading this crap.

Disaster wasnt complaining when they were farming there gold.

The threat of that gold supply to Disasters domination of the game is funny to see.
    Hypocrites get offended by the truth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast