+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
    Basicly u want limited other people earning gold because u know. So your DGS earnings is worth more than others thing. How is that going to help casual player where it benefits only powerhouse guild like disaster who have content lock down?
    How is the value of gold increasing and the price of items decreasing not going benefit everyone? Currently every item is costing more and more prices will keep going up as more people free farm.

Here's something else to consider - comments were made on how merging servers helps with the economy.

What happens when the accumulated wealth of all the players across multiple servers all get tossed in the same pot?
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukealex View Post
    How do mergers make a cart/boat cheaper? .
    Everything was cheaper on morpheus, some things by a factor of 10, before it's economy was forced into a merged auction house cluster. Originally, prices were directly dictated by labor. As the server matured, you could see small price spikes every month when hero gold was handed out, or when castle taxes were paid. The economy didn't really start to inflate until pantsu had been free farming dgs for a few months and had finished regrading the gear for their core members. And then the ahs got merged and prices shot through the roof for every single item except the boss materials which pantsu had intentionally kept a monopoly on.

For every server you have in an ah cluster that is on free farm, that represents another level of increased inflation. At the very least, merged servers would slow down the inflation and make things cheaper over time.

Quote Originally Posted by neoVictrix View Post
    Here's something else to consider - comments were made on how merging servers helps with the economy.

What happens when the accumulated wealth of all the players across multiple servers all get tossed in the same pot?
    It will be hard to tell because you don't know what each individual will do with their "wealth" but the total amount of gold being put into the economy will be reduced increasing gold's value.

Quote Originally Posted by neoVictrix View Post

The fundamental problem is that the accumulated wealth of all the players is already in the same pot through our auction house clusters. However, that wealth isn't being spent at an acceptable rate. One of the big gold sinks introduced in 2.9 was the castle building system. xlgames designed the system so that the only way to get lord's coins at an acceptable rate is to own a castle and produce farms and such. If all the big guilds were forced onto 1 or 2 servers, then they would have to fight for those castles. Even if you don't successfully take a castle, ideally an attacking guild would make it a point to destroy farms and warehouses, which all cost gold to rebuild. But that doesn't happen on any server in our region. The big guilds are secure with their castle ownership and nobody contests them because everyone capable of doing so is on their own server with their own castles.

Quote Originally Posted by iiiiiiijjjjjj View Post
    Everything was cheaper on morpheus, some things by a factor of 10, before it's economy was forced into a merged auction house cluster. Originally, prices were directly dictated by labor. As the server matured, you could see small price spikes every month when hero gold was handed out, or when castle taxes were paid. The economy didn't really start to inflate until pantsu had been free farming dgs for a few months and had finished regrading the gear for their core members. And then the ahs got merged and prices shot through the roof for every single item except the boss materials which pantsu had intentionally kept a monopoly on.

For every server you have in an ah cluster that is on free farm, that represents another level of increased inflation. At the very least, merged servers would slow down the inflation and make things cheaper over time.
    Wow, an actual educated well thought out post. Thanks for the insight.

Quote Originally Posted by iiiiiiijjjjjj View Post
    The fundamental problem is that the accumulated wealth of all the players is already in the same pot through our auction house clusters. However, that wealth isn't being spent at an acceptable rate. One of the big gold sinks introduced in 2.9 was the castle building system. xlgames designed the system so that the only way to get lord's coins at an acceptable rate is to own a castle and produce farms and such. If all the big guilds were forced onto 1 or 2 servers, then they would have to fight for those castles. Even if you don't successfully take a castle, ideally an attacking guild would make it a point to destroy farms and warehouses, which all cost gold to rebuild. But that doesn't happen on any server in our region. The big guilds are secure with their castle ownership and nobody contests them because everyone capable of doing so is on their own server with their own castles.
    Where were posts like these thirty pages ago.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzrael View Post
    By your way of comparing land with Gear, in the same sense Trion would have to strip down your Land (merger) and say you have a fully build spired chateau, now they give you a ticket for a 28x28 Mansion. Making your gilda process pointless. Stripping things is not what is happening, and if you have ever paid attention to KR, the new zones have more available land in them than Karkasse + Lilyut Put together. Imagine that on 9 servers! even in KR that land isn't fully encompassed, how do you expect it all to be taken on our 9 servers with low pop compared to their what, 3 servers? all with high pop.
    No with my way of comparing land with gear I am trying to show the OP that land owners have a lot to loose.

I will take myself as an example:

I own 5 properties, my boyfriend (whom I play the game with mostly) has 4 properties. They are all neatly tied together, it is like a giant square.
    I do some pvp, especially small scale pvp, and world events, but my bf enjoys the farming aspect of this game the most.

We both worked our butts off to get this said land together. We play this game since headstart, and at launch we could only put 1 house each next to eachother, all the other housing spots were gone within 2 days. We both worked very hard, to get gold and also kept an eye on the properties next to our houses, like a hawk. It took us more than a year to achieve the land we have now. Just like with gearing process, acquiring this land was an exhausting and expensive process since all the properties went on sale with their prime sale.

This was a time, when people couldn't get easy gold yet, unless they were throwing real money to the game.
    Also, let me remind you that me and my bf have 1 account each, so it took us longer to achieve said gold longer to get all these land together.

We were lucky enough to avoid the first Server Merges, because my server was very popular and on HIGH back then, but if we get server merges both me and my bf will lose everything we worked so hard for until today. Because with server merges, say 9 servers get merged into 2 or maybe 4, all those people and their alts that had land have to flock to those 4 servers.

There is not enough land to justify this, and even IF there were enough land spots, people still lose their property, their hard work, their personal achievement.

You cannot expect from people to put up with this every 8/10 months. But you as a pvp player don't lose anything! That is my entire point.

You get to play the game as if nothing has happend, you don't need to rush for land, or in your case gear,, but we do.

So again, Pooperjackson and his guild members are just one of the most egocentric and selfish people, no empathy at all for players that will lose everything, and on top of that they try to oppose their gameplay onto others just because they are BORED of their life and cannot find ways to entertain themselves.

I asked that question on purpose, I know the answer. He simply doesn't care, and is avoiding that question as if the devil chases him, on purpose.

That question is very futile for the playerbase. If pvp players want us (farmers/pve players/"carebears"/whatever insult he calls us) to put up with our loses it would be only fair if they lost something too in the process.

Because then, they would suddenly start thinking twice before coming to the forums and begging for server merges,, simply because suddenly they would have something to lose as well...

Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    <snip>
    Of course, were server number to halved, no other factors would change, and so prices would of course fall, even halve! No one would quit so pop would stay the same, no one would change their behaviors, no change at all except the amount of gold entering the game would drop.

Some claim that economics is complicated, and full of mutually-interacting factors, but we can rest assured Mr. Pooper knows his stuff so when he makes a claim, it's money in the bank!

After all, Mr. Pooper has demonstrated his perspicacity in this very thread with the following gems:

Your [Nerrivic] solution to fixing this game is taking content out of it.

Your solution
    to fixing
    this game
    is to take content out of it

Let that sink it.
    And a few pages in later...
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with disabling world content on some servers and not on others in order to appeal to both sides.
    See? He's smart enough to be on both sides of the issue, and so is infallible!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Vanity View Post
    I see server mergeing as being a disaster for the game and I think its a toxic constant topic. It would be best to just forget about mergeing servers rather than putting that negative thought into the minds of people who have to keep reading this crap.
    This is so true. To be honest I was going to drop a couple of hundred on credits over the weekend and buy those limited time items and some other cool stuff but this thread and the multiple threads like it that keep popping up just make me think I will be quitting within the next few months when these people get their way so why bother. Instead I spent the money on the Black Desert Cash shop where I know that I will still have my stuff 6 months from now.
    Call me Cat.

Yes I do in fact have an opinion about everything. Thanks for asking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast