+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 397

Thread: Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

  1. #151
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    ...I benefit nothing from having servers merged..
    Then you Sir are Mr. Altruism and I Salute! you.

    I merely get to play the game again the way it was intended to be played. You know, with other people and all that.
    Which, of course, is of no benefit to you!

  2. #152
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    - Away -
    Posts
    10,309
    Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    Do you have anything useful to say? You are extremely hostile for being a supposed carebear. In your mind any one who wants to play with other people is carebear ganking scum who want nothing but to fight unarmed peasants all day long. Also server merges is the equivalent of "deleting everyone's stuff" and everything else you say is just ♥♥♥♥ing nonsense. Seriously everything you've said in this entire thread is complete garbage.
    Well, not everyone's stuff, just the people who value land get their stuff deleted. The PVPers that bully everyone and trash talk people right away from the game get to continue on like nothing happened.

  3. #153
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    729
    I'm sitting here arguing with somebody who is suggesting a location on a gazebo is directly equivalent to one's entire set of gear. This is the best you guys have? This kid hasn't produced a single ♥♥♥♥ing valid opinion or even a coherent response in what, 15 pages?

    I bet you this guy owns well over 20 pieces of land scattered throughout his empty server. Gee I wonder why he's vehemently against merges.

    Honestly it doesn't matter though, I'd be willing to bet the house on merges coming shortly before or at 3.0 launch. Servers are just too dead and player base is dying. I think by the time 3.0 hits something around 9 servers to 3 and then 1 fresh start server is where we will be at.

    I'm out of this thread, peace. If somebody wants to type up a coherent response maybe I'll take the time to read it.

  4. #154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    - Away -
    Posts
    10,309
    Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    I'm sitting here arguing with somebody who is suggesting a location on a gazebo is directly equivalent to one's entire set of gear.
    It's actually more valuable, since by owning that gazebo you directly block anyone else from also owning property in that spot. Think of it more like if the BIS weapon for each class could only be carried by one person... but then the item just gets deleted and randomly assigned to another person in a lottery on a whim of someone who doesn't even care about having it... that's what you are asking for.

    You are the only one with the incoherent responses.

  5. #155
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    I'm sitting here arguing with somebody who is suggesting a location on a gazebo is directly equivalent to one's entire set of gear...
    No, you're arguing with someone who's saying that some value land as much as you value gear.

    And they're saying that you think you'll benefit from merges, that you are unwilling to give up something you value to get what you want, and that you're unconcerned that others will lose something they value so you can get what you want.

    Capiche?

  6. #156
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    I'm out of this thread, peace. If somebody wants to type up a coherent response maybe I'll take the time to read it.
    I gotchu:

    Quote Originally Posted by SMART PEOPLE
    I understand but refuse to acknowledge that the game is designed to be played with on servers with a target population. Server mergers are necessary for the overall health of the game so that it is played as intended by design. Server mergers have happened in the past and they will happen again. They are inevitable and can be anticipated. Server mergers, by necessity, require that land be merged. I have twenty pieces of land because I play the game as not intended with eight alts. Nonetheless I will get all my houses etc given to me in a prebuilt ready to plop down state after the merge. Server mergers do not, out of necessity, require anything from gear. Therefore...




    ....you should delete your gear.
    ^LMAO

    OR

    We could just very reasonably and very easily disable World Bosses and other content designed to be contested from the low pop servers...

    I'm entitled to that content I don't care if it was intended to be contested. You guys are the selfish ones because you want to play the game as it was intended.
    lol


    /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata @ Physician for dodging
    *is disappointed*
    Quote Originally Posted by Carebears 2016-2017
    ArcheAge: Craft. Claim. Conquer.
    i heard they lootmastered the levi.

  7. #157
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,062
    At this point I just want them to merge the servers so the game die even faster and these wannabe pvpers will all leave the game sooner and we can all go back to decorating our potato houses.

    This constant whining for easy prey when they can just split up and contest among themselves with an in-game mechanic of a third faction. But very few of them have to balls to do it in fear of losing the access to free farm.

  8. #158
    Senior Member CalliCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Gweonid Forest Surrounded by Cats
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    I love the land argument because they present it as if they are the only ones who will lose land. Yea nobody in any of the "pvp" guilds controls highly sought after land, it's only the potatoes who will have to give up anything. That's basically what you guys are saying, right?

    The only people truly upset are the land barons who probably own 20+ pieces of land scattered throughout the game. It was never intended for you to own that much land to begin with and you are quite selfish for holding on to all of it for yourself tbh.

    Then they will have you believe they are going to lose ALL that they worked for.. uhh no? Your house is conveniently packed up and merely need place it again. You'll get over it. Hey, maybe you'll actually see some people in your neighborhood this time around instead of playing this game like it's The Sims.
    The difference is that you don't care if you lose yours. The people who value land, who play because of the farming and trading aspect do care. It is not as simple as packing up your design and placing it again on a new server. Stop with that nonsense. Land has value and a lot of it in some areas. Strategically placed land is important to people who enjoy the trading aspect of the game. Which land do you think everyone rushes for when there is a new land rush? That's right, the strategic locations. So people who have spent a fortune to acquire said strategic locations can easily lose them to some shmuck. Would you like it if the things you worked for, that you value, could be lost to some random player based on who was lucky enough to log in and get to it first? I doubt it.
    Call me Cat.

    Yes I do in fact have an opinion about everything. Thanks for asking.

  9. #159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by CalliCat View Post
    Strategically placed land is important to people who enjoy the trading aspect of the game. Which land do you think everyone rushes for when there is a new land rush? That's right, the strategic locations. So people who have spent a fortune to acquire said strategic locations can easily lose them to some shmuck. Would you like it if the things you worked for, that you value, could be lost to some random player based on who was lucky enough to log in and get to it first? I doubt it.

    THIS IS EXACTLY HOW IT WORKS FOR US TOO YOU ...... COTTONHEADED NINNY MUFFINS!

    You guys are so clueless. The most sought after land is not your "pack staging farm" but the actual "strategically" located land for porting around the world quickly to World Bosses - especially if you can lock everyone else off certain islands. It's a massive advantage and its 100x more valuable than your Gwenoid or Hellswamp Gaezebos. The land we lose is typically much more valuable than any piece of land you value. OR I DON'T KNOW UNCLAIMED CASTLE LOADSTONES


    Would you like it if the things you worked for, that you value, could be lost to some random player based on who was lucky enough to log in and get to it first? I doubt it.
    THIS IS EXACTLY HOW IT WORKS.


    OMG I AM GOING TO HAVE A STROKE YOU PEOPLE ARE SO F... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    I would like to make a motion to temporarily suspend the new "Safe Space" rules so that I may .. more concisely communicate my thoughts with this ... person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata @ Physician for dodging
    *is disappointed*
    Quote Originally Posted by Carebears 2016-2017
    ArcheAge: Craft. Claim. Conquer.
    i heard they lootmastered the levi.

  10. #160
    Senior Member CalliCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Gweonid Forest Surrounded by Cats
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudelord View Post
    THIS IS EXACTLY HOW IT WORKS FOR US TOO YOU ...... COTTONHEADED NINNY MUFFINS!

    You guys are so clueless. The most sought after land is not your "pack staging farm" but the actual "strategically" located land for porting around the world quickly to World Bosses - especially if you can lock everyone else off certain islands. It's a massive advantage and its 100x more valuable than your Gwenoid or Hellswamp Gaezebos. The land we lose is typically much more valuable than any piece of land you value. OR I DON'T KNOW UNCLAIMED CASTLE LOADSTONES




    THIS IS EXACTLY HOW IT WORKS.


    OMG I AM GOING TO HAVE A STROKE YOU PEOPLE ARE SO F... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    I would like to make a motion to temporarily suspend the new "Safe Space" rules so that I may .. more concisely communicate my thoughts with this ... person.
    Calling people names is no way to win an argument. I am well aware of the fact that it works the same way for you. The difference is I am not asking them to force the situation on you the way you are asking for it to be forced on the rest of us. Do you see the difference? You don't value that land the same way people who only play for that aspect of the game value theirs. If you did you would not be so willing to chance losing it.
    Call me Cat.

    Yes I do in fact have an opinion about everything. Thanks for asking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts