+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

In short this comes down to problem everyone knows but everyone likes to ignore. We need a way to limit accounts held by one person. A merge would make more sense if players were capable of only having one account. The game was designed for only 1 account and its played much more effectively with that limitation. We need to search for a permanent solution to the problem other than relying on merges and big content patches to keep the game afloat and bring in new players. Merges are not a good solution and it 3.0 wasn't around the corner it would be the worst solution. Though quite honestly I still don't believe that the state of the servers is anywhere near the state they were in before the first merge to warrant a second merger. If PVP interaction is the problem, that can be solved through community efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchbell View Post
    And you really believe that everyone's alts that run hauler trains or maintain houses, haven't logged on in the last month? A survey or any type of vote can be easily rigged in one favor by simply creating an alt and getting it to max lvl.
    There's no point coming up with ways around something with no context behind it lol. A vote of that kind can only be rigged if they know its coming etc. An in game poll reaches players who aren't forum warriors (I'm literally the only person in my 80man guild who posts on these forums).
    I despise that Trion sometimes seems to look at posts by 4 very vocal players, then assume the thousands of players who play this game ALL want the same as the vocal minority.

Its a shame we (the royal 'we' as in the countries we all live in) don't adopt the same methods Korea uses regarding binding online gaming accounts and identities to real people... would make 1 account per person a lot easier (well, would force people to signup everyone they know to hold their land!)
    Sakuracalli (West)

Quote Originally Posted by Witchbell View Post
    In short this comes down to problem everyone knows but everyone likes to ignore. We need a way to limit accounts held by one person. A merge would make more sense if players were capable of only having one account. The game was designed for only 1 account and its played much more effectively with that limitation. We need to search for a permanent solution to the problem other than relying on merges and big content patches to keep the game afloat and bring in new players. Merges are not a good solution and it 3.0 wasn't around the corner it would be the worst solution. Though quite honestly I still don't believe that the state of the servers is anywhere near the state they were in before the first merge to warrant a second merger. If PVP interaction is the problem, that can be solved through community efforts.
    I see only 1 live "solution"' of multiaccount prevention, but that is ugly. BDO close all "doors" of p2p trades. You can trade some potions maybe (and this potions switch to account bound) and nothing else. Marketplace (AH) prices are limited and you can buy only the cheapest items. = No chance to transfer your alt accoun'ts resources. But this is very restrictive...
    Other options? Idk. Slow down labor spending or more options to get extra labors when you PLAY maybe. If you can't spend many labor in short time you can't use alts or be active in your main account. If you can get more labor resources as active players you can be more competitive.
    But AA move to the other direction: faster labor spending, non proficiency based fast mass production (public/shared upgraded houses).
    Anything else? Any idea? Limited resorce sending in mail or in trade window? Less labor in crafting? (Example armor craft cost from 1000 labor to 20 labor)... Idk. I don't see real good options. Or less risky solutions.

Honestly, one account per person really won't help much. Amd so much open land in 3.0 and beyond tat even multi account holders wont take it all.

Game needs more content that was stripped. PvP in library, yes please, so its not boring. Pvp housing at least in pvp zones, yes please. Pirates attack on land, yes please. You wat new blood, but that won't ever happen. You know how many new MMO's come out every month? And how many old ones get updated?

A in KR gets updates twice a year, and the longer the game is active, the higher the average gearscore and less people per server. You want to tell a new face to get a hauler, and move packs for months to jump in content when they would have little chance to craft own gear. This is why other regions have salvage forges.

Even in 2.0, 2.5 our server populations were known to somewhat be low and it peaks for itself when we have so few player nations or desire to make them. I know other regions play the game differently. But NA/EU jave to realize they rather play the game by themselves than with even a guild. Sure maybe a guild event here or there but 80% of the time it be solo time, on farms, or alts farming your own matts. No trading, no dungeon raids, and so on.

MA themselves chose not to make the player content. To much it is all about me and I can do myself mentality. But when you play other regions and you see groups create content, your eyes are always opened.

I accept this version is a solo farmville.

I could tell you whats coming outf or next few updates even beyond 3.0, but it wont change the fact AA will he a low population game with the few players playing solo with there many alts. But they be lining trions pockets

Honestly the best hope for thsi game is lettig Mail.ru get the license. Hell the EU is right next to Russia. They have better times of day for events for years. Only then would the NA/EU servers go to high status inweeks and stay that way.

And teh Pvper's Na/EU would either rage quit in failure of skill or get what they want. And Pveers would have many people to playw ith.

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraCalleil View Post
    Its a shame we (the royal 'we' as in the countries we all live in) don't adopt the same methods Korea uses regarding binding online gaming accounts and identities to real people... would make 1 account per person a lot easier (well, would force people to signup everyone they know to hold their land!)
    It would have made the game much better if it was 1 account per player (the way the game was designed), but that ship has sailed. Even if you could implement it now it would be extremely unfair to new players, they would be competing with people that had multiple accounts for 2 years.

And it can't be done. It just can't.

IP address? = VPNs....
    Credit card? = prepaid cards....
    Personal identification number? Only a moron would give Trion their SS# (even if they did I could use mine for one, my wife's for another, my kids for another, etc.

There is no way to limit accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gods Child View Post
    It would have made the game much better if it was 1 account per player (the way the game was designed), but that ship has sailed. Even if you could implement it now it would be extremely unfair to new players, they would be competing with people that had multiple accounts for 2 years.

And it can't be done. It just can't.

IP address? = VPNs....
    Credit card? = prepaid cards....
    Personal identification number? Only a moron would give Trion their SS# (even if they did I could use mine for one, my wife's for another, my kids for another, etc.

There is no way to limit accounts.

Oh, old server are stucked in this system. No way to switch to other account system. New fresh start and/or new pvp server can use other account policy maybe. That is not "unfair". We have less information now, but Trino plans new server and it will be separated account server. This remove labor slave groups and many old advantages of active players. If you want to play p2w you have to pay NOW (= after new server starting time). THis is less p2w, but the most parts of the game stay unchanged.
    But your arguments are so fakes. Devs/publishers can handle this problem, but they don't want it. Big mass of multiaccounts is more static and good income than temporally big and fast changes in casual and single accounts. Do you want example? Ok. 2 or 10 gold/account/day limit (in sending and in arriving side too) in mail and in game trades and maximum price limits in intems (AH). remove medium or higher quality or medium/high level item trade in non-AH system. No magnificent or arcane item sending in mail. No grand useless lvl 20 weapon sells in 1500 gold prices in AH. And... done. The system is not too restrictive, but prevent the big part of multiaccount and p2w trade damages.

Or ANY changes that prevent players to get irreale big advantage based on real money (or based in more accounts).

This AA system is typical self destructive system. Jim, you have 1 month before game will destroy himself. Good luck!

Been reading 18 pages of this bloody thing. Neither side will ever see eye to eye Pvpers blame "potatoes" for it all when really Pvpers are to blame for the lack of pvp along with verious game issues that have chased folk away. Pvpers all moved to one server Didn't like what happened and most moved again or quit. 1 group went off to fight a player nation and the player nation Fled having spent years free farming and beating down anyone who tried to rise up. Again pvpers fled.

I understand the Frustration Some of these people are feeling They are sick of looking for a fight only to have people run away and are trying to limit the amount of places people can run to. But in doing so They turn their anger on the wrong people.

And yes these are people not "Potatoes" They like were they are they like what they have and for some its not even about land. The Avg gear score on my server is 4-6k with a few higher ups in the 7-8k range. The avg player on my server If forced to merge could not pvp with some of the avg players on other servers, We have our own tactics our own server we have balance in our own weird way. Some People are more than happy to come out and pvp because things are somewhat balanced and also. Small Yes thats right some of us like the smaller pvp fighting, RD i dont think has been downed in a month or more. Kraken goes down a few times a week maybe if someone can sneak it in. And DGS are contested a lot of the time to.

I've also seen people claiming that only people mad will be land barons with 20+ plots and what not. I have 2 accounts and 7 plots that is all thats all i want If they close down my server though and force me to move i will likely quit. Why some may ask because it wont be my server anymore it wont be the community That we have built This is our sever we have had guilds move in and they either joined in the fun and the spirit of the server or they left.

The only way to Solve this according to some posts in some way to keep most happy would be to reduce the gold output, Change the timers to make them random Limit the spawns more.
    And remove the rewards/disable content *Worse choice i feel*

If we are to make some servers more competitive/attactive to move to and fight over content I believe the best bet would be to Simply cut down the rewards on some servers and or Increase it on others This would produce a clear incentive to Be on those other servers. Castles produce more sieges give more to both the winner and the loser So even if you fail you get Good rewards for coming out and fighting Even if you lose. Instead of simply using a Stick, use a carrot so to speak, Increase Pvp honor rewards for open world combat on these Servers give unique Titles and Other things to spend Honor on, On these servers Un cap the pvp Arenas on these pvp friendly servers and Allow Pvp in pvp zones inculding housing,
    Currently there Is no incentive for Pvpers to Gather on a single server when they can just free farm another with out a fight.

Although If You make a Server/Servers with greater rewards they may have to lock them down so you can only Transfer into say 1/2 servers with these Boosts and between them But never off so Guilds gaining Massive gold/honor buffs cant then leave and Pillage servers that don't for the Lols

Make a Attractive Server for competitive and pvp minded players Rather than Just Gut and kill other servers and what players have built there. If severs like this are made then we can see Were the populations stand and if a merge is Really required rather than just demanded.

Quote Originally Posted by mikroman View Post
    Oh, old server are stucked in this system. No way to switch to other account system. New fresh start and/or new pvp server can use other account policy maybe.
    How do you propose it is enforced? Games have been fighting multiple accounts for decades and basically none have succeeded, so what's your brilliant idea that suddenly makes everyone playing unable to make more accounts but still lets people play together?

@ Gods Child
    yeah I'm not saying it can be changed for Archeage, that ship has sailed. Just a shame that it isn't implemented for any future games. Guess part of the problem is the publishers being from different countries with different data protection laws.

/sigh, the dream.
    Sakuracalli (West)

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    How do you propose it is enforced? Games have been fighting multiple accounts for decades and basically none have succeeded, so what's your brilliant idea that suddenly makes everyone playing unable to make more accounts but still lets people play together?

The simple solution is close all option to trade or send items and currency. Trade is AH only thing and no external sources. But this is the "ugly" version. My previous example. It's working, but a little bit too restrictive.
    But I wrote other ideas too. "deflation" of labor points (you have to use less points), remove fast labor spending methods (longer labor spending time = less account/real player and/or the player will less active in non labor spending and he/she will lose other better incomes like wars, PvE fights), remove labor cost of "basic" functions (direct drops or no labor cost of opening coinpurses. No labor cost in lumbering/smelting/stone works)... Or just press uninstall in server!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast