+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaneKri0s View Post
    They didnt say no, they said not yet. They will merge eventually. dont fool yourself into thinking you cant stop it by making threats about quitting on the forums. if anything you are only prolonging the inevitable.
    That is most definitely true. I believe Khrolan put it as, "we'd give you a 3 month notice, and we're not even there yet". I still think it's going to happen with 3.0. It makes the most sense. The promise of shiny, new things will most likely entice more people to stick out another merge than normally would. Then there is the question of whether they would merge everything this time, or just the servers they "didn't" merge last time? You could argue it would be less painful for people if, at least for those like me who stick out a server and don't transfer in between, they made it so you were involved every 'other' merge cycle. Of course, if they did that, then they'd have to lock down server transfers for 3 months, and that might cause other issues.

At any rate, getting back 3.0, it'll probably happen with 3.0. They said 3.0 would happen 'by the end of the year'. The optimist would say that's December, which means they come September, they could be telling us about merges. More realistically, it slips into January (after the holidays) and we're told in October.

In any case, on a personal level, if my server is involved yet again, I hope it's later rather than sooner. I have a finite amount of time to continue playing, and even if I wanted to, doing the merge wouldn't make much sense for me anyways. So I'm hoping to have as much fun as I can before whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
    Anyone remember Kyrios where all the pvper guilds that free farm their server went to and only one of those is still active now. The Kyrios experiment is proof that merging server will only decrease population even more. More ppl will quit the game if they are not getting content or even a chance to do content. 3 server give little to no chance of doing content. At least 9 give ppl a chance to start anew
    Also, was anyone really surprised at what happened to Kyrios? Kyrios and Ollo were literally the trash guilds who avoided the big daddy PVP server because they didn't wanna get stomped.

Kyrios players were running from PVP from the launch of the game. Was it really that much of a surprise that they ran again?

They are probably trying to hold out for 3.0.

Free farm servers just ruins the game. As much as DISASTER is hated, there isn't any disputing that with the evidence posted by OP. Getting mad and letting free farm servers excist because of the hatred for one guild that is benefiting from it doesn't change the fact that something needs to be done.

If they dont want to merge. disable content of low pop servers so it's impossible for guilds to transfer for free farm.
    Disable content on low pop servers? You guys want competition to eventually come, disabling content on other servers cuz they aren't the cool kids server is not how to do it. If anything should be done the value of gold coming into all servers via events (DGS, Aybssal, ect) should be lowered. Or you know change what you can instead of complaining when you know there's nothing you can do to actually speed up the change you want. You could not actually free farm the content and do something else, like Pokemon go or go see a movie. Let that gold go to other people during those times.

They won't merge at 3.0. They are probably waiting to see how many come back for 3.0 due to the new races some people have been waiting for ever. Thinking that merger's would happen at the release of new content just seems off the ball to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alara View Post
    Having fun winning any game is easy. Having fun losing it is where true skill shows.
    High end Player - Confirmed Celestrata 1/20/2017
    <OutPlayed> - Kyrios
    ~*~ IIIIII Nation Member ~*~
    Formerly from
    <Stack on me> - The best Yang
    <Salt> - Nazar -☠Pirate☠
    <NaCl> - Kyrios - ☠Pirate☠
    <Outplayed> - Tahyang

Quote Originally Posted by Eshva View Post
    Disable content on low pop servers? You guys want competition to eventually come, disabling content on other servers cuz they aren't the cool kids server is not how to do it.
    Too many servers making too much gold disabling content prevents options for guilds to run away to gain free farm and literally print millions of gold while nobody can touch them, because most servers can be dominated by small groups as long as they are organised, stop the option of transferring to Ollo/tahyang/Hanure/Salphira to free farm and print gold, and guilds wont want to transfer there.

These is no debating that these free farm servers are literal gold printing machines that help inflate the economy and make it harder for newer and growing players to compete. how can make enough gold when there are all but 3 or so servers that have contesting over end game content means more gold is being put into the game, which means gold is worth less, and then your pack running, weapon crafting or whatever other activity you do to make gold gets less and less effective and you cant keep up.

You dont have to disable the content, just stop the rewards from killing it when there is not enough players to combat the people doing the content, even abyssal attack. Tens of thousands of gold for a guild when there are just 30 people too scary to fight, and a empty server
    Thane
    <Disaster>
    WORLD CHAMP

Too many servers making too much gold disabling content prevents options for guilds to run away to gain free farm and literally print millions of gold while nobody can touch them, because most servers can be dominated by small groups as long as they are organised, stop the option of transferring to Ollo/tahyang/Hanure/Salphira to free farm and print gold, and guilds wont want to transfer there.

These is no debating that these free farm servers are literal gold printing machines that help inflate the economy and make it harder for newer and growing players to compete. how can make enough gold when there are all but 3 or so servers that have contesting over end game content means more gold is being put into the game, which means gold is worth less, and then your pack running, weapon crafting or whatever other activity you do to make gold gets less and less effective and you cant keep up.

You dont have to disable the content, just stop the rewards from killing it when there is not enough players to combat the people doing the content, even abyssal attack. Tens of thousands of gold for a guild when there are just 30 people too scary to fight, and a empty server
    There are so many ways to "print gold" in the game that your so-called disabling of content does nothing in the overall scheme of things. It serves only one purpose: To make you, the established power guild even stronger.

What's going to happen is the same thing that happens now: People will flock to your guild - arguably what you want in order to bolster your numbers since people are apparently leaving because you aren't getting what you want - leaving the guilds that could have possibly contested you in no position to do so nor in any position to contest content. End result is we're exactly in the same position we are today, the weaker guilds go back to carebearing and players quit because they have little other option and we go spinning round and round the toilet. You'll be back at square one with nobody to play with in your sandbox once again.

The only difference is we have a whole bunch of casual players who were quite happy with the game, don't give a crap about the state of PvP in general and were now merges off of what they had for a second time. I don't know about you but I'm not going to waste my time with a game that continually pulls the rug out from under me every time I get myself established especially when it comes to making tangible gains allowing me to do whatever I want to do in the game be it farm some land or pvp a bit or run some pve content, contested or not. And I know the majority of the population in the actual game on the actual servers feel the same way. Your perceived population issues are bad now? Go ahead... do another merge. It will be the death knell of ArcheAge in North America. But then again that seems to be what you want.

Currently NA has 9(?) servers, each with one guild free farming? You want to merge to ~4 NA servers?

Experience shows that if you do, there'll be some pvp for a week or two, then the losers will quit, hide, or join the winners, and you'll then have 4 servers each with one guild free farming.

Progress!

Then you'll be lobbying for merges again.

There's nothing now preventing 'pvpers' from having challenging pvp. That you can't find it shows few really do want it.

Actions > words.

If you think merges will cause those that hide from pvp to grow a pair and start doing what they could do now but freely choose not to, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale, contact me!

Quote Originally Posted by Khegobier View Post
    There are so many ways to "print gold" in the game that your so-called disabling of content does nothing in the overall scheme of things. It serves only one purpose: To make you, the established power guild even stronger.

There is no other method in the game that nets you more gold then the end game content boss rewards do. Selling a red dragon drop costs no labor. Turning in a dgs pack is the same labor as a normal trade pack for 105 gold each.

That is more gold than any other gold making method there is in the game by a VERY long way. People can still do DGS or Kraken to learn the mechanics or whatever freely. but the reality is, top guilds are already doing that content for free on dead servers. as op States, Casual players are hurt bc it is a impossible feat to keep up with the gold generation of top guilds.
    Thane
    <Disaster>
    WORLD CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by HiImNebins View Post
    everyone has welfare 4.5k gearscore. 2000 gearscore is like lv 30 status.

I have like 4.4k gearscore without a weapon cuz I yolod it. Came back to game and Disaster have offered me a free antalon set if I transfer and join them. Haven't taken them up on it because I don't want to transfer to a dead server, and then have everyone on the new server up and run away and be left on an even deader server.

From what I know DISASTER are low on numbers. And I'm sure most top guilds are because unless you're literally brain dead you can only handle so much free farming before wanting to blow your brains out.

This gives players opportunity to join the top guilds, or band together against them to outnumber them.

You speak about content but unfortunately this game's content is all based around world bosses and competing for them. If theres no competition then you're depriving yourself of the real content.

band together with other like minded guilds and fight the more powerful guilds. Or is it just easier for you to roll over? Sad
    ^^^^^Joined Disaster under Special circumstances. Everyone want easy gold easy life plain and simple. disaster is still strong from what I know.
    Been a month and my ticket have yet been resolve.
    My account was hacked and i lost everything
    141008-002654
    Never Solved but not happy
    10/08/2014

There is no other method in the game that nets you more gold then the end game content boss rewards do. Selling a red dragon drop costs no labor. Turning in a dgs pack is the same labor as a normal trade pack for 105 gold each.

That is more gold than any other gold making method there is in the game by a VERY long way. People can still do DGS or Kraken to learn the mechanics or whatever freely. but the reality is, top guilds are already doing that content for free on dead servers. as op States, Casual players are hurt bc it is a impossible feat to keep up with the gold generation of top guilds.
    Have no chance of doing content when powerhouse guild like Disaster control the content.
    Been a month and my ticket have yet been resolve.
    My account was hacked and i lost everything
    141008-002654
    Never Solved but not happy
    10/08/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
    Everyone want easy gold easy life plain and simple.
    basically :^)
    Thane
    <Disaster>
    WORLD CHAMP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast