+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 397

Thread: Here's why server merges help casual players more than they think and stabilizes the economy.

  1. #371
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by Empyreus View Post
    merges would do nothing to encourage new players to join OR reduce inflation. Why would you think mergers would do either? There's nothing inherent in merging servers that would suggest they would help either new players joining or reduce inflation.

    So i dont even understand why merging servers would be a suggestionf or either.
    Lol okay so here's what mergers would do they would reduce the amount of gold added to the economy every day ie reducing inflation. Now once the inflation is reduced this will make gold have more value so people who are new and just starting to make money get more value for whatever they are doing be it fishing pack running etc. This also reduces prices because the value of gold goes up meaning prices will go down because gold is worth more.

  2. #372
    Senior Member Empyreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaque View Post
    Lol okay so here's what mergers would do they would reduce the amount of gold added to the economy every day ie reducing inflation. Now once the inflation is reduced this will make gold have more value so people who are new and just starting to make money get more value for whatever they are doing be it fishing pack running etc. This also reduces prices because the value of gold goes up meaning prices will go down because gold is worth more.
    But you would also have a large contingent of people who would lose chests full of items in a merge thus people would be having fire sales before said merge, driving prices on everything downt ot he point of unsustainability and then after merge since there is less land to be had alla round, prices would then go up to higher than they were before.

    Not to mention you have people that would quit, thus less people to buy products rising prices as well and so on.


    As it is, there hasn't been any appreciable "inflation" in this game for a while due to the fact that recent events trion has been putting out have removed quite a bit of gold from the game as well. So i dont know why people are worried about that, the only thing that has caused prices on most things to rise at all lately has been changes tow hats needed to make certain things.

    For instance things like MGP going up because its needed to make sunridge and sunridge is needed for higher end weapons now etc etc, outside of that prices for almost everything in game have been very stable for a while now, inflation or not. The biggest thing a new player would really be concerned with is Apex and thats beens table on US servers between 600-700 for a few months now. A server merge, i highly doubt, would drive the prices on that much cheaper. if anything if people quit, there'd be LESS people buying it, thus the price would go up.

    but again none of that has anything to do with attracting new players. Its not like gold is hard to make now and would suddenly become easier with less servers. A fresh start server would more readily attract a "new" player than an upcoming merge would.


    and if inflation WAS a big deal, without even needing to kill servers, the devs could just reduce the payout of things like DGS, etc etc and not have to ruin economies and peoples playstyle by having a merger in the first place. Lets not forget they talked about inflation a few livestreams ago and said the recent events effectively leveled everything out.


    But as i said before, mergers are and should be the LAST option to "fix" a problem. They are in no way a "quick easy" fix to anything. We've already seen it once, so i dont know why things would be suddenly different if we did it again another year in.

  3. #373
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Empyreus View Post
    merges would do nothing to encourage new players to join OR reduce inflation. Why would you think mergers would do either? There's nothing inherent in merging servers that would suggest they would help either new players joining or reduce inflation.

    So i dont even understand why merging servers would be a suggestionf or either.
    Would do nothing? That is a bold claim, which you didn't bother to back up not even with anecdotal evidence. How on earth can you make that claim with a straight face? Are you being dishonest on purpose or are you incapable of seeing the bigger picture?


    When you first log into archeage and see all the servers are 'light', for a lot of people that means to them that the game is dead and that they shouldn't invest their time or effort into it. Light servers are actively detrimental to the long term health of our community. Seemingly empty servers discourage people from playing the game, and this is especially true for new players who are more sensative to this issue. An established player can go solo cr or do a world boss or has already made alts to cap towers in mm for themselves. A new player can't do any of that. They can't coupe and enjoy the game by themselves so they get frustrated and quit.

    Furthermore, there are lots of in-game events that simply don't work if only a few people show up to them. It's extremely frustrating for new players when they can't get daily events done, such as mistmerrow or lower-tier instance daily merit badge or boss kill quests because no one is doing public raids. Merges would directly address those issues by consolidating the player base. It's pretty clear that you are against merges and you keep saying you are against merges, but yet you don't bring anything new or insightful to the conversation and instead just keep repeating the same opinion over and over as if simply showing up and disparaging others is good enough. You are being toxic!

    While merging servers might not INSTANTLY reduce prices, it would turn the money faucet drowning our economy in gold down from HIGH to a more tolerable LOW. This is important for the long term. We can't keep relying on trion doing temporary bandaid fixes either in the form of events or cash shop sales. It isn't healthy for the economy or for the player base. The real price of labor potions right now is about 100g each, there aren't many static gold generating professions that can generate 10 s/labor consistently. Since trion keeps injecting sales and stripends, labor potions bounce between 70-95g. This isn't sustainable. Once 3.0 hits our test server, whether it is in 2 months or 4 months, labor potions are going to permanently raise by another 30-50 gold as people scramble to raise their profficencies to meet the new 3.0 standards and that will probably be the final nail in this game's economy unless something drastic happens before that in order to remove all that gold from the system so that free farm server players with hundreds of thousands of gold can't afford to shock the market on a whim like that.

    At the end of the day, the price of all our basic consumables and crafting components are tied directly to inflation by being tied to the price of credits which is tied to the price of labor potions, and this effects everyone. Forget about not being able to afford epic or legendary gear, within a few months the average player won't even be able to afford basic consumables!

  4. #374
    Senior Member Empyreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,044
    Quote Originally Posted by iiiiiiijjjjjj View Post
    Would do nothing? That is a bold claim, which you didn't bother to back up not even with anecdotal evidence. How on earth can you make that claim with a straight face? Are you being dishonest on purpose or are you incapable of seeing the bigger picture?


    When you first log into archeage and see all the servers are 'light', for a lot of people that means to them that the game is dead and that they shouldn't invest their time or effort into it. Light servers are actively detrimental to the long term health of our community. Seemingly empty servers discourage people from playing the game, and this is especially true for new players who are more sensative to this issue. An established player can go solo cr or do a world boss or has already made alts to cap towers in mm for themselves. A new player can't do any of that. They can't coupe and enjoy the game by themselves so they get frustrated and quit.

    Furthermore, there are lots of in-game events that simply don't work if only a few people show up to them. It's extremely frustrating for new players when they can't get daily events done, such as mistmerrow or lower-tier instance daily merit badge or boss kill quests because no one is doing public raids. Merges would directly address those issues by consolidating the player base. It's pretty clear that you are against merges and you keep saying you are against merges, but yet you don't bring anything new or insightful to the conversation and instead just keep repeating the same opinion over and over as if simply showing up and disparaging others is good enough. You are being toxic!

    While merging servers might not INSTANTLY reduce prices, it would turn the money faucet drowning our economy in gold down from HIGH to a more tolerable LOW. This is important for the long term. We can't keep relying on trion doing temporary bandaid fixes either in the form of events or cash shop sales. It isn't healthy for the economy or for the player base. The real price of labor potions right now is about 100g each, there aren't many static gold generating professions that can generate 10 s/labor consistently. Since trion keeps injecting sales and stripends, labor potions bounce between 70-95g. This isn't sustainable. Once 3.0 hits our test server, whether it is in 2 months or 4 months, labor potions are going to permanently raise by another 30-50 gold as people scramble to raise their profficencies to meet the new 3.0 standards and that will probably be the final nail in this game's economy unless something drastic happens before that in order to remove all that gold from the system so that free farm server players with hundreds of thousands of gold can't afford to shock the market on a whim like that.

    At the end of the day, the price of all our basic consumables and crafting components are tied directly to inflation by being tied to the price of credits which is tied to the price of labor potions, and this effects everyone. Forget about not being able to afford epic or legendary gear, within a few months the average player won't even be able to afford basic consumables!
    anecdotal evidence would do nothing to prove anything except my point of view, which....is an opinion, not a fact. I dont need evidence to back up opinions.

    Yes i am against mergers, we've had one before dont you recall? Hasn't really helped numbers in the long run has it if people keep complaining about populations at this point has it?

    You know what would also lower the money faucet drowning our economy? (even though the devs have mentioned things seemingly are fine witht hat thanks to the plethora of money leaving the economy with recent events...) Lowering the amount of gold paid out by said things like abyssal or DGS. and you dont even need a merger that could very well make even MORe people quit to do that.

    I'm against mergers at the moment because,a s i've said, i've seen no evidence that they would, again, fix any problems outside of peoples opinions such as yours iijjj.

    And my point that mergers are usually a last ditch effort (especially in games like ARcheage) is more so from the past of playing MMOs that i've seen devs directly SAY that merges are a last ditch effort in the long run and something that is not done lightly due to how it shakes up the playerbase.


    surely we (as well as trion) can think of ways to fix things like attracting new players stabilizing the economy without having to resort to the nuclear option yeah? Also lets not forget everyone that plays doesn't always enjoy the same thing, so there will always be a large amount of players who may not participate in events high population or not.

    You also realize simply have a differing opinion from yours on mergers does not make me Toxic in the least right? it simply means i disagree with you on this particular topic. While i can see why "some" would want mergers, they're not a good thing to do at the drop of a hat because people feel X is empty. You also have to think of the large amount of players that would be negatively impacted by a merger. This game is more than just PVP and events.

  5. #375
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    894
    Mergers wont do a thing. You will at least lose 20% of players per server.

    So two servers, 40/200. Three 60/300

    Yes the server may show as high, having 240 vs 100 players. But players will move on to otherbmmos or just another activity in life. Some of us are n9t like trion staff, free patrion as stated on livestream, in addition to company time to be there when servers go live.

  6. #376
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisha View Post
    Mergers wont do a thing. You will at least lose 20% of players per server.

    So two servers, 40/200. Three 60/300

    Yes the server may show as high, having 240 vs 100 players. But players will move on to otherbmmos or just another activity in life. Some of us are n9t like trion staff, free patrion as stated on livestream, in addition to company time to be there when servers go live.
    and if you dont merge you'll lose 100000%. see I can throw random numbers around too!
    Thane
    <Disaster>
    WORLD CHAMP

  7. #377
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    175
    I vote for a new server without Obsidian *-* ... I miss the diversity of gear.

    I also do believe 3 servers is enough. I wouldn't mind losing my 16 lands for that.
    tbh it would be refreshing not to have more then 1-2 plots since there are so many more ways to make a better income then farmville.

  8. #378
    Senior Member Empyreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Meriko View Post
    I vote for a new server without Obsidian *-* ... I miss the diversity of gear.

    I also do believe 3 servers is enough. I wouldn't mind losing my 16 lands for that.
    tbh it would be refreshing not to have more then 1-2 plots since there are so many more ways to make a better income then farmville.
    you know you dont NEED to have 16 plots now yeah? You can always reduce meriko!

  9. #379
    Senior Member neoVictrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Becoming a Blackguard
    Posts
    2,431
    Quote Originally Posted by iiiiiiijjjjjj View Post
    Would do nothing? That is a bold claim, which you didn't bother to back up not even with anecdotal evidence. How on earth can you make that claim with a straight face? Are you being dishonest on purpose or are you incapable of seeing the bigger picture?


    When you first log into archeage and see all the servers are 'light', for a lot of people that means to them that the game is dead and that they shouldn't invest their time or effort into it. Light servers are actively detrimental to the long term health of our community. Seemingly empty servers discourage people from playing the game, and this is especially true for new players who are more sensative to this issue. An established player can go solo cr or do a world boss or has already made alts to cap towers in mm for themselves. A new player can't do any of that. They can't coupe and enjoy the game by themselves so they get frustrated and quit.

    Furthermore, there are lots of in-game events that simply don't work if only a few people show up to them. It's extremely frustrating for new players when they can't get daily events done, such as mistmerrow or lower-tier instance daily merit badge or boss kill quests because no one is doing public raids. Merges would directly address those issues by consolidating the player base. It's pretty clear that you are against merges and you keep saying you are against merges, but yet you don't bring anything new or insightful to the conversation and instead just keep repeating the same opinion over and over as if simply showing up and disparaging others is good enough. You are being toxic!

    While merging servers might not INSTANTLY reduce prices, it would turn the money faucet drowning our economy in gold down from HIGH to a more tolerable LOW. This is important for the long term. We can't keep relying on trion doing temporary bandaid fixes either in the form of events or cash shop sales. It isn't healthy for the economy or for the player base. The real price of labor potions right now is about 100g each, there aren't many static gold generating professions that can generate 10 s/labor consistently. Since trion keeps injecting sales and stripends, labor potions bounce between 70-95g. This isn't sustainable. Once 3.0 hits our test server, whether it is in 2 months or 4 months, labor potions are going to permanently raise by another 30-50 gold as people scramble to raise their profficencies to meet the new 3.0 standards and that will probably be the final nail in this game's economy unless something drastic happens before that in order to remove all that gold from the system so that free farm server players with hundreds of thousands of gold can't afford to shock the market on a whim like that.

    At the end of the day, the price of all our basic consumables and crafting components are tied directly to inflation by being tied to the price of credits which is tied to the price of labor potions, and this effects everyone. Forget about not being able to afford epic or legendary gear, within a few months the average player won't even be able to afford basic consumables!
    A few things to point out - a player in general (be it an established or new player) shouldn't be attempting to solo CR or something like that. That's something which is supposed to be done in groups.

    New players are able to join in on world bosses, but by the time they get to that (provided they're following the quests) they should be in the 30s where it'll be more worthwhile than if they're at a lower level.

    The complaint new players have about the game being empty involves the starting zones, as existing players are often in Mirage Isle or the areas for 50-55 players. Unless you have housing in those areas or doing trade runs, there's next to no reason for players to go all the way back to these zones. One of the reasons I keep saying the Green Lord Tree in Gwenoid should be turned into a dungeon, or at least have something done to try and encourage being in that area.

    People worry too much about trying to maximize profits off of labor spent.

    Also Empyreus's opinion on not supporting a server merge isn't toxic. Sorry the forum isn't an echo chamber.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

    Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

  10. #380
    Senior Member Empyreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,044
    I would also like to mention iijjj the reason for the high price on labor pots too,e sepcially what i've noticed on my particular cluster is that they are not NEARLY in demand as much as they used to be. although to be fair they have been above 50ish gold for over a year now

    a lot of that can be attributed to the new labor stipend and events that have practically been giving them away. I mean, why would i need to buy a labor pot at 70-80g (as they are on myc luster) now, when i can essentially get 40 (10 now plus 30 over the course of the month) for thge price of one apex? Then add in the bonus labor sundays we've had the last two weeks. its easy to see why they're not in as demand as they were.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts