+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Musing Merges, Transfers, and Fresh Start: An Open and Honest Discussion regarding the state of the Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansed View Post
    Last September, APEX on cluster 1 was definitely not 600g LOL.

More like 450 to 500.
    Sounds about right, unless there was some shop item people wanted the price sat around that range for a while.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

So now I feel how BORED are Disaster people in our server Ollo. Sorry guys, if you didn't catch your target and trapped in Ollo for a month with busy carebears.

9 servers would be too big for you to chase your contents, I see.

Anyways, I like the merger.. It would help me pack land to kits and rethink of streamlining my alts or to atleast shelve all them and rest for awhile until I wanted to use them.. When that happens, kinda hard to deal with chests atleast 20 of them containing different rewards from different events (i got 2 chests full of house pets and pet stands from last year pawnsome event). But real farmer/carebears can always find ways..

Quote Originally Posted by Rururu View Post
    ...If we had someone to fight...
    You're assuming that decreasing the number of servers, the people who now freely chose to avoid you, will all of a sudden grow a pair and fight.

Upon what do you base that assumption?

If they wanted to fight you now, they would. You can't force folks to do what they don't want to do in a game.

If you assume that they'll have to fight you because they wouldn't be able to keep free farming, history shows they'll just quit/transfer/hide/join you. It would be Kyrios all over again. Only change would be fewer servers and you'd soon be back wanting another round of merges.

Quote Originally Posted by ykeara View Post
    demands? Don't think I was making any...
    It wasn't a demand or threat, it was the equivalent of throwing a temper tantrum if you don't get your way.

Obviously your guild leader has no control over his/her member's posting in the guild's name, and the members have no self-discipline or self-respect.

A pvp server wouldn't work simply because of how far ahead the top guild is from the next one down, and the game mechanics behind some of the best gold makers and "content" bosses. Getting insane amounts of free gold, and gear on top of gold trader really imbalanced the the gear hard between guilds who could free farmed for months and those who could not. No one is going to tray come and contest the top guilds because if they don't dominate they are put in a spot where they can never catch up unless the transfer off to free farm the hundreds of thousands of free gold being on top gets you a week.

Bosses at this point come down to who can stay up the latest (if its not a totally imbalanced fight), and the "limited spawn time" on kraken, dgs, and red dragon might as well not exist its so damn long. This makes most people not want to even bother with it unless it's free, and those who can free farm it just push the gear gap larger discouraging even more players from trying. Forget having a job or normal sleep cycle if you live in north america, everything gets pushed to aussie time on "contested servers" anyways. So semi casual players, and after work players are excluded from content which is horrible for drawing in new players to this game.

Throw in the fact that XL and Trion have collectively made some pretty bad decisions garnering exploiters, balance changes, and the sheer power of p2w made the majority of the healthy population die off in under a year. All that left are these toxic "top pvp" guilds, griefers, bandwagoners, and care bears because most sane people already left.

The top guild thrives on going around and murdering off anyone who could become competition, then complains about the lack of people willing to challenge their 6k+ guild gearscore average. They were told a year ago they would need to raise up their enemy, split up, teach noobs and fight each other, or they would have no content. The first two didn't happen because half that guild is now on for the gold/epeen train, so now you see numerous reddit posts and forum threads of them looking for content after they single handedly killed it off, and are waiting to get off a completely dead server they got trolled onto for a month because no one can, or wants to fight them. You can't really blame them though because the way the game is set up promotes this type of mentality, and if they blew up someone else would do the same thing.

So unless the issues caused by XL/Trion get fixed, the community itself won't get fixed, and I highly doubt there will be much left by 3.0 The returning player box for that patch would need to crap out a free 6.5-7k gearscore to make you even competitive against the top dog guilds, but content will still be based around who has the most free time, or aussie players if the despawn times remain the same.

Library pvp was disabled throughout every game mode, you're just spewing nonsense because you don't have the time to find real facts

Quote Originally Posted by Rudelord View Post
    It's almost like Archeage is a competitive (lol) sandbox where resources are scarce and if you want them you are supposed to PvP and contest other players over them.

Archeage is NOT as single player instanced PvE themepark.

jesus.
    Again where does it say everyone HAS to pvp when and where you want? It doesnt. Its entirely at will and optional

Its not JUST a pvp game you know. That is one major facet sure. But not thr Only one

Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Empyreus View Post
    Again where does it say everyone HAS to pvp when and where you want? It doesnt. Its entirely at will and optional

Its not JUST a pvp game you know. That is one major facet sure. But not thr Only one

Jesus
    "Archeage. Craft. Claim. Conquer."

Conquer.
    C o n q u e r.

Eh, you were really active in last hours.
    Do you play verbal fight game or did someone write solutions or not totally fail ideas too? I have to read this character swarms to catch up...

Do you have any idea how can trino/xlg make "Old" servers better? Or does it useless? All old servers doomed, we can prevent this destiny of future fres servers.(?)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast