+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How to save the game with few small steppes

Just got 2 divines yesterday, 1 upgradeable weapon turned lightning too.

what's really needed is new content that isn't connected to gear

Quote Originally Posted by gruffen2 View Post
    what's really needed is new content that isn't connected to gear
    What kind of content would that be? I honestly can not think of any content they could make that would not require gear.

Quote Originally Posted by neoVictrix View Post
    Also known as "how to give everyone easy mythic equipment and help players leave since they'll have nothing else to do in the game until the next substantial content update".
    XLGames can always bring back that great feature they had during first alpha test in KR : gear degradation over time. I think it was maximum 1 month for each gear, after which it had to be broken down. Of course back then they had a simpler upgrade system, unlike this regrade system.

Quote Originally Posted by harutora View Post
    XLGames can always bring back that great feature they had during first alpha test in KR : gear degradation over time. I think it was maximum 1 month for each gear, after which it had to be broken down. Of course back then they had a simpler upgrade system, unlike this regrade system.
    Gear degradation triggers me you need to be banned

Quote Originally Posted by Curious View Post
    I like things simply so here they go:
    -reduce every crafting mats amount to half! Except where we need only 1 piece.
    -double regrade chance on every level.
    -look at the influx of returning, and new players
    -
    -
    -
    -profit
    hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekikyo View Post
    What the consumer wants is, for pvp to be skill based, with a small impact of gear difference. Ideally, the best pvp would actually occur if 10% were Mythic, 50-60% were legendary, and 30-40% were Epic. This would prevent guilds like Reborn and Disaster from doing what they are doing because it'd more be a skill issue than a gear one, and it would dampen the feel of impossible goals and pvp desertion.
    The real problem here is half or maybe even more of the legendaries that are in this game shouldn't be there and I'll just leave it at that. PS go look at perma banned characters "KING" and "QUEEN" on EU if you want to see what I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    The real problem here is half or maybe even more of the legendaries that are in this game shouldn't be there and I'll just leave it at that. PS go look at perma banned characters "KING" and "QUEEN" on EU if you want to see what I am talking about.
    I'm still sticking to that's just some one who either got a hold of a gold warehouse or someone who got bored and committed an assload of cc fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by PooperJackson View Post
    Players don't care where gear originates from. The gear is still in such low supply that it has an adverse effect on pvp. Disaster wipes entire raids in 2-3 skills per person. They are T7 6500-8k GS's as a WHOLE, whereas most other guilds have a high gear score here, or a high gear score there, mixed with 4-5k GS's, which is where the players who aren't as fortunate, bottleneck.

We need more legendaries and mythics, not less. We also need more T6-T7/Ayanad, which is something that is extremely prohibitive when T7 WEAPON is 315 wisps, or on average 439,135 Labor (152 days just for T7 on one account, not including T1-T6). That's insane for a game that is SUPPOSED to be about pvp and expect everyone to do it. The boss drops are also somewhat limited, also bottlenecking such gear.

I appreciate the ideal that high end gear SHOULD have some feel of accomplishment. However, in Archeage, the gap is too large and the "feeling" vastly encompasses any satisfaction from pvp for those who do NOT have.

Atm, there is a vastly different position of the developers to the players:

Developers: Players should divulge entertainment primarily from farming and crafting. PVP is a feature, but we're neutral on how pvp impacts the game's primary goals of farming and crafting.

Players:
    -Players should divulge entertainment from pvp. PVE, roleplay, and crafting are features and we're NOT neutral on how those features impact pvp.

OR

-Players should divulge entertainment from whatever they feel is fun for them. Pvp often impedes our ability to enjoy those features. We're not neutral on pvp.

In either generalized opinion, pvp has a great impact on the game, even if it's not considered by that player to be the game's primary feature. Yet the developers don't seem to want to recognize that, except to perhaps quarantine pvp, rather than enable it.

For instance, farm zone pvp wouldn't be a problem, if everyone was in similar gear. The problem purely lies in gear differences. Instead of making gear more accessible, they chose to close off pvp.

And that's what they've done to every break out market or enterprise: when an in game item has been profitable, they either nerf it or put it on the item mall, destroying the value. When pvp became lopsided, they prevented it. The result is aparrent. Players are disenchanted by their meddling, and more so by the fact they don't seem to understand that they are choosing fixes that destroy the game.

Again, people don't care generally about cheated gear. We have a very hard time really even pinpointing who truly cheated. We care far more about how that gear, legit or not, is USED.

Did you ever wondered why no influx of new players in the game? We need them for balanced and pleasant game play. Trion will not care because whales keep up trion by financial. They don't care with server balance, or if we have fun or not or starter areas are empty on every server. Whales don't care with plebs, because they want to keep their gear advance. This is the same in every single game, not just in AA.
    Just one example: not possible to do on EU mentee and mentor quests. No requirement for low lvl gear or supply, consumables. Even some came back but they were lvl50 when they left, they are not new players. Soulforged gear give away was a good idea, plenty came back but not new players. This gear is enough to start farming, questing, but it is nothing in pvp. We will not see new players until 3.0 because they exactly know new expansion coming sooner then they can grind out a good gear set. Why would they bother?
    I don't aim against RNG< if there is 1% to successful regrade and it is doubled to 2% that will not kill RNG at all.
    Rekykio can explain my thoughts better than me thanks.

You say: mythic should be "hard" to reach, but in my eyes its not hard but impossible.
    How many players on the whole world has mythic buff?

tldr: no new players, no healthy game!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast