View Poll Results: Cast your vote! Does Archeage need a Group Finder/Dungeon Finder?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 78.57%
  • Maybe

0 0%
  • No

3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Group finder

Group finder

We need one ^_^ please ask XL Games for this much needed feature

-Not difficult to implement
    Will make LFG much easier for:

Dungeons, Raids, Library, Trade runs, Naval, Questing, Farming Mobs, etc

UPDATE:
    Nothing too fancy that will take away players' freedom to choose who they want to group with, just like a "Bulletin board" for LFGs where players can say, "hey! We're farming mobs right now if you wanna come click to join our group"
    A group finder that keeps within the spirit of Archeage

it could look something like:

It is an easy feature, but it is also an antisocial feature. Its use is controversial among MMO players because what it gives in convenience, it takes away in interactions.

Let me clarify:
    I'm just asking for a simple little window where we can broadcast our LFGs without spamming faction chat.

Example: you post a LFG, go about farming auroria mobs, a few minutes later 1 or 2 players join your group.

I understand that some people may think of group finder as a complete gameplay overhaul with far reaching effects and consequences, but it really does not have to be designed intrusively. A simple sleek LFG would be a complement to Archeage and would make the game more social imo

....If there are any doubts try it on the Public Test Server first.

I added a poll to this thread

I see what you mean now. While I do think reaching out for a group yourself vs having a system do it for you is definitely more social, you make a good point in that having to spam it in chat is one of those archaic conventions from older MMOs that doesn't actually bring anything to the table. Perhaps a compromise could be like the guild recruit window or a bulletin board, where players could see the listings and reach out themselves afterwards in case you want to be a bit selective.

(I'd also suggest putting your explanation in the original post as well then. The usual group finder I'm sure most players would think of are the kinds where you get queued up for some kind of matchmaking with players. These are pretty much just gather, farm, disband kind of deals with not a single word said. Which is preferable for many players, but it can actually discourage social interaction and communication since you can always just party up with someone else if things don't work out. I also don't think PTS would give very conclusive results on this since all that would test is if the grouping process works, not if people will naturally use the feature more or benefit from it.)

+ Reply to Thread