+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Was it Trion's intention to allow guilds to continuously avoid PvP at all costs with Server merges?

Was it Trion's intention to allow guilds to continuously avoid PvP at all costs with Server merges?

Too many servers, not enough competition. Example after example after example of guilds running at the first face of adversity. It's obvious at this point the players won't fix it themselves, a guild just abandoned a 600,000 gold player nation in an attempt to avoid any and all competition and immediately went to a server where they can amass gold on world bosses without contest.

At this point the only thing I can think of that could fix this issue without basically merging all servers together is disabling world content on the majority of servers. You want to go to DGS, Red Dragon, own a castle, etc? Go to one of the 3 servers that actually has these on a spawn timer. Rest of the servers has them disabled.

Ollo is going to be an absolute desolate wasteland when Disaster leaves in a month, what was the term Khrolan used.. SoloAge? Well, when Trion has no choice but to merge servers in a few months because the active population on Ollo is sub 200 players I just want to make sure everybody is blaming the right people. Do you blame the 50 Disaster members who transferred looking for PvP or the guild that has been there for 2 years, with 100+ members and a built player nation who free farmed content the entire time?

Guilds are not and should not be entitled to end-game content without facing competition.

Guilds are also not required to face competition for end-game content.

Trion and XL also can't give the players a kick to the rump and make them actively participate in any of the content provided by the game, be it end-game content or not. They could add more incentives, yes, but if the player doesn't want to do an activity they simply aren't going to do that activity and publisher and developers can't make their players do anything they aren't going to want to do.

In all seriousness though can we stop with the over-dramatization of Disaster? They're honestly no different from any other guild in the game outside of actually working together to do something.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Quote Originally Posted by neoVictrix View Post
    In all seriousness though can we stop with the over-dramatization of Disaster? They're honestly no different from any other guild in the game outside of actually working together to do something.
    No we can't if we do they will get bored and they will quit

Quote Originally Posted by suriiii View Post
    No we can't if we do they will get bored and they will quit

I vote for OT coming back and rolling the East faction on a server where Disaster is West and the two have a mutual alliance and have their own nation and face-rolls everyone.

and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Guilds are also not required to face competition for end-game content.
    Yes, actually they are. The game was not intended to just pour gold in to the economy off of uncontested world content that literally sprays money out like a bad case of diarrhea. It's funny because this happens and you people say this, then the other argument you make is "we can't catch up to these guilds cuz they make so much money off of world content".. Little bit hypocritical don't you think?

I vote for OT coming back and rolling the East faction on a server where Disaster is West and the two have a mutual alliance and have their own nation and face-rolls everyone.
    No disaster does not need to alliance with anyone they are the best guild to ever ♥♥♥♥ing touch archeage even to think about playin archeage a 100 man disaster group in celestial epherium could destroy any 300 man group

Quote Originally Posted by SweetnessAA View Post
    Yes, actually they are. The game was not intended to just pour gold in to the economy off of uncontested world content that literally sprays money out like a bad case of diarrhea. It's funny because this happens and you people say this, then the other argument you make is "we can't catch up to these guilds cuz they make so much money off of world content".. Little bit hypocritical don't you think?
    I've actually been on the side in favor of Disaster and other larger guilds that have control over said world content and putting the blame on the lack of resolve and willingness of other guilds to actually work together (be it from the same faction or opposing factions, I mean I'm pretty sure some sort of in-game diplomacy was expected since we can learn another race's language).

You are right though, the game wasn't designed with the intention of gold just flooding into the game world. But this is the Western region, not South Korea. We break their envisioned design of the game and worry more about personal wealth and strength than the strength of our faction ever since we first got our hands on the game. Though just because it wasn't designed to be that way doesn't mean there's supposed to be an entry requirement of fighting opposition to do world content. The desire to do that content is what brings opposition, but if there's no desire to do it then how can there be opposition?

I've actually been on the side in favor of Disaster and other larger guilds that have control over said world content and putting the blame on the lack of resolve and willingness of other guilds to actually work together (be it from the same faction or opposing factions, I mean I'm pretty sure some sort of in-game diplomacy was expected since we can learn another race's language).

You are right though, the game wasn't designed with the intention of gold just flooding into the game world. But this is the Western region, not South Korea. We break their envisioned design of the game and worry more about personal wealth and strength than the strength of our faction ever since we first got our hands on the game. Though just because it wasn't designed to be that way doesn't mean there's supposed to be an entry requirement of fighting opposition to do world content. The desire to do that content is what brings opposition, but if there's no desire to do it then how can there be opposition?
    Yes, ultimately you can't make players do something if they are unwilling. If these guilds will be cowardly and never PvP but still demand open world content then they are *abusing* the server transfer system, and it's at that point Trion needs to step in.. which is where we are now.

Something needs to be done. Servers are dying off hard because of them.

All the new content is because on every server on every region there are super alliances that control everything uncontested none of the korean player factions even have there castles built just claimed because no one is gonna contest

Yes, ultimately you can't make players do something if they are unwilling. If these guilds will be cowardly and never PvP but still demand open world content then they are *abusing* the server transfer system, and it's at that point Trion needs to step in.. which is where we are now.

Something needs to be done. Servers are dying off hard because of them.
    Well until we know the size of these new housing areas it's too early to suggest merging more servers to try and condense the playerbase (the first bout of server merges should be enough of a reason as to why I'm saying that). Besides you can't honestly blame some of the players for wanting content that way - a lot of the past MMOs that've been released either evolved into or were released from the gate as a game where the player was self-sufficient and could solo most, if not all of a game's content with a very linear progression system (and ArcheAge kind of fits the opposite of this).

I get wanting to win when you fight another guild, but you're going to have to fight (and lose to) groups stronger than yours, and put the effort into making alliances with others and build yourselves up so that you can stand on even footing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast