+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apostles of Nahr Alma --- Guild Idea. Would this actually work?

Hybrid View

Apostles of Nahr Alma --- Guild Idea. Would this actually work?

So, I've been thinking about how it would work to have something like a mercenary guild, Small, 10 - 20 people. Where we would advertise ourselves to larger guilds on the server, and whoever pays the highest we would join them to help them in their guild siege that week. Though, I'm not sure exactly how guild sieges work.

As far as I've seen, there isn't a guild reputation system in ArcheAge, so I feel like this would work. Only problem is, everyone would have to gquit, join the larger guild, do the siege, and then leave said guild and join AoNA. Unless Trion/XLGames implements a system where you can just invite anyone to guild sieges, which I would love.

Also -- If this thread gets enough attention, I may just turn it into a recruiting thread, so if you're interested in possibly joining, go ahead and drop a post. >

Post all of your ideas/additions, I'm always looking to improve the idea of this guild!

Idea 1 -- Maybe Trion/XLGames could add a multi-guild system similar to GW2. You can be in multiple guilds, but only 'represent' one guild. That'd be pretty awesome.

Idea 2 (Thanks, Darth Futuza) -- Possibly change the name to a synonym of "follower" -- Disciple, etc. TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Daggmask View Post
    So, I've been thinking about how it would work to have something like a mercenary guild Where we would advertise ourselves to larger guilds on the server, and whoever pays the highest we would join them to help them in their guild siege that week.

As far as I've seen, there isn't a guild reputation system in ArcheAge, so I feel like this would work. Only problem is, everyone would have to gquit, join the larger guild, do the siege, and then leave said guild and join AoNA. Unless Trion/XLGames implements a system where you can just invite anyone to guild sieges, which I would love.

Post all of your ideas/additions, I'm always looking to improve the idea of this guild!
    archeage hyyyypeeehttp://www.twitch.tv/warrzz Warning i am not responsible for any I.Q lost during viewing, viewing discretion is advised.
    https://twitter.com/Warrzz9619
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...esh-count-7857

Seems legit. But you'll have to be good if you want them to pay attention to you.
    "Reading is optional in online games" -jahlon, contestant for best post ever.
    Find a funny bug? Share it! | I am Nomad. | Priestess of Nui keeps trying to pay me Guilda stars to get me to hang out at her place. #CrazyGirlFriend

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Futuza View Post
    Seems legit. But you'll have to be good if you want them to pay attention to you.
    Well of course, If the guild takes off, and becomes known, we'd probably have a tournament of some kind to make sure all the players are up to a certain level of PvP Prowess.

Why Apostles though? Are y'all going to be like messengers and spread the Good Word in game?
    Find a funny bug? Share it! | I am Nomad. | Priestess of Nui keeps trying to pay me Guilda stars to get me to hang out at her place. #CrazyGirlFriend

Why Apostles though? Are y'all going to be like messengers and spread the Good Word in game?
    To be honest, I'm thinking of Apostles as more of a "follower" type sense, I didn't like the sound of Followers of Nahr Alma, but now that you mention it, Apostles doesn't actually sound very good either.

Edit: Iunno, I think I'm going to stay with Apostle, tbh. I suppose I could change to Disciples. But, that still carries the religious-esque sounding, though.

Perhaps the word you are looking for is "Disciples"?

Perhaps the word you are looking for is "Disciples"?
    Dat edit terror, lol. Yeah, I might end up changing it, once I get some more feedback. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

I love everything in this post BUT the multi-guild thing from Guild Wars 2. That aspect of the game is so botched I wonder why anyone would try to mimic it elsewhere. The game is absolutely amazing, but the Guild component of it blows hard.
    RAOUL & QUENTYN

Server: Alpha

There's a mercenary mechanic in the game, a defending guild can bring up to 30 mercenaries.

+ Reply to Thread