+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just got to 50, gotta start gearing up.

Just got to 50, gotta start gearing up.

Hey there, i just got to level 50, abolisher, i have the mirage epherium gear but its only temporary for 30 days so i gotta start getting gear, everyone told me that i should start with obsidian gear.

However, i was wondering if i would be better to craft them myself from scratch, buy mana wisp and farm other material, regrade and improve tier myself. Or if there are alternate to get decent gear, im aiming for 4k gs. Soul forged stuff looks good.

Can anyone guide me on this please?

Also, when i upgrade tier on, lets say, a T1 with gems and is celestial, would i loose gems, and goes back down to basic quality?

As long as you have your mirage epherium everything is fine. If you fail to get a hold of obsidian gear when the time on that set is up, I'd suggest going for "lost garden faded [weapontype]" and "auroria [skilltree] [armor type]" as a stepping stone (but 30 days should be more than enough to not fail ;-) )

Unless your luck is amazing I would not advise to craft everything from scratch. That is consuming tons of lp you could use otherwise to get gold.
    This counts for both upgrading and regrading. If your gear is bound, you ll have to do it yourself of course.

illustrious/magnificent/epherium/delphinad/ayanad gear and weapons:
    pro - tradable; sets allow you to forcefully boost 1 stat
    contra - (gear) need 4/7 or 7/7 to get set bonus -> harder to get a set bonus the higher the tier of the gear; e.g. Katana and Spear are not hybrid weapons as their obsidian counterparts (katana magic attack; spear healing power); if you craft on your own: random outcome of the prefix (flame,gale etc) so you need to sell your armor/weapon and buy a new stuff if you want to get stronger later on

obsidian:
    pro - each armor and weapon has its own skill that increases with grade and tier; 100% upgradable so you can regrade as much as you want at the lowest tier (obsidian) and then upgrade (ominous obsidian, cursed obsidian)
    contra - bound -> must be upgraded if you want to sell it when switching to different gear; 5/7 parts on armor (nothing for wrist or belt)

soulforged:
    pro - rather cheap to craft (but: check contra); 5/7 parts on armor (nothing for wrist or belt); special gems that always succeed when socketing
    contra - grades stop at celestial; neither set nor individual item skills; you must take part in ocleera rift to get the mats and that event takes in a war zone and depending on your server is either fought over or no one cares about it

sets that drop from dungeons (e.g. serpentis/mistsong):
    pro - good set bonus
    contra - bound; takes some time on getting the whole set -> lots of dungeon grinding -> depending of which dungeon you might find it hard to get into a group to actually farm the set parts; some not upgradable; some upgradable but take a lot of grinding dungeons to do so

(going back to your questions)
    if you upgrade your weapon/gear you will lose all gems, frosts, tempering and image item (if you use one) but the grade (celestial) will stay

Okay thanks, so i could start getting some soulforge with homecoming coin for soulstone? Then save for obsidian gear?

Also, what would be a decent way to make cash, ive been making money by selling starshard, but its not really rewarding.

I am not sure what you can get for homecoming coins. If they work the same as player appreciation token then I would most likely go for warrior medals (not saying that is the best choice, but I am too lazy to grind them - check out if your faction wins war events like halcyona and mistmerrow)

Before anyone is able to answer your last question it would be important to know if you are patron or not ;-)

I am

Also, i heard i can gather obsidian material in library, is that true? if it does, how?

Golden Ruins for obsidian armor mats
    Auroria East (as a melee I prefer Exeloch) for obsidian weapon mats
    Library (floor doesn't matter) for T4+ (above cursed obsidian)

So you may not need the obsidian mats from library yet. However it takes quiet a lot of them depending on your gear. If you have a lot of storage space for bound stuff (otherworld chest) you could already farm library and store all drops.
    However farming GR/Exe for t1-t3 is a must for you if you want to craft your set on your own. And while you are at it you could open the coin purses you collect on the side as an income. It may not be the best income but you don't need to waste more time e.g. with trade runs. And it is rather safe (even if you get killed you don't lose your purses).
    PS: Always check your inventory and your currencies. Sell everything you don't need. Gilda Stars can be turned into Gilda Dust and sold; vocation e.g. as Shatigon's Blessing; Honor (only draughts by now if i am not mistaken -> worthless and you need it for yourself anyway); prestige as misagon's crystal. Those are just possibilities - always make sure you don't need them for yourself!

As for which proficiency is high-rewarding:
    Depends on your server - usually it is high reward from high risk so if you fail you lose gold. In order to do those you need quiet a lot of gold in the beginning. If you own a farm and got too much time on your hand, check out single planting crops/flowers - it is actually a higher reward than most expect. Simply check out the price on the flowers you chose before starting ;-)

Alright thanks, would it be more worth it to craft illus armor to get mana wisp, or buy them?

While im getting started with obsidian, how should i spent my labor? What about fishing?

I also made a mistake, i bought a ardent oath helm for about 50g at grand grade, then regraded it to heroic, costed about 300-400g in the end, now bankrupt, at least i have a decent helm for now, has 224 gs.

Quote Originally Posted by insistent View Post
    Alright thanks, would it be more worth it to craft illus armor to get mana wisp, or buy them?

While im getting started with obsidian, how should i spent my labor? What about fishing?

I also made a mistake, i bought a ardent oath helm for about 50g at grand grade, then regraded it to heroic, costed about 300-400g in the end, now bankrupt, at least i have a decent helm for now, has 224 gs.
    Obsidian gear you will farm golden ruins, when you get to about 26g-30g in your pocket start buying cloth/leather/plate mana wisps for your gear. While farming out there you will get armor pieces in which you can either AH or put them on if they give you better stats. I wouldnt craft illus armor as it would be a waste of materials, find a public armor house and ask in faction chat where one is. Go there and look at what you would need to get at least epherium or delph. Dont be in a hurry to get everything you want right away it will only make you frustrated and want to leave the game.
    Toffin formerly Imsnotimpressed
    East Tahyang Guild: Retirement Home - Slackers Incorporated
    Pirate Tahyang Guild: Black Sails
    Once the owner of 90% of Growlgate (1 Mansion + 2 28*28's, 2 24*24's and 17 16*16's - Did not own the 5 other 16*16's)
    Currently taking orders for grown materials for your Armor/Weapons/Accessories needs.

Alright thanks, will start getting obsidian stuff step by step

And to use those labor to make money to get mana wisp, will fishing be good?

Fishing is good you need to invest quiet a bit in order to get gold.
    But there are a few conditions or you wont make it
    #1 you need a lot of fishing proficiency to actually make gold; the more the better; at least 20k+ the right fishing rod + luck if you go for the biggest fish
    #2 only sport fishing in the oceans is rewarding -> you need a fishing boat (expensive) or go with someone who has one (don't expect an experienced fisherman to leave storage room for you or to wait for too long. They most likely have their whole boat filled up when you managed to catch your first fish.
    #3 pvp; you might easily lose your whole catch

-> high investment before you can start fishing for real -> i'd go for something else as an income if you want to make gold quickly; on a longer term it is good though

i really think you should simply spend your lp on purses for now
    a lot of other proficiencies need some sort of investment to get you going; purses you can simply pick up and use whenever you want with no investment (except maybe some silver to put your loot on the ah ;-) )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast