+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.0 balance changes discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Cohiba View Post
    Are other damage multipliers coming that I don't know of? How are you supposed to hit 100k snipes? I currently have 130% ranged crit (none on costume yet and still working on a second dagger) and with zeal I would have 205%.. my snipe can currently crit maybe 20k maximum without nodachi (I am 7.2k GS with over 1.3k ranged atk buffed and have 1400 agi 300 stam damage heavy build)

According to my calculations I should be doing maybe 30k snipes with zeal.. which could go up to about 37 or so with nodachi I guess. How do you see 100 to be a possibility?
    I'm making a lot of assumptions there which are subject to randomness and general infeasibility, such as rolling high on the shot and being insanely geared and buffed. You'd also need Gravesinger, but you'd be much more likely to roll Honorguard or Ebonsong at a slight damage hit for a better build. Account for Intensified Harm, Macabre Reach, Overpowered Spell Locus, Berserk Nodachi, Bloody Chantey, assume max high roll on weapon range. Assume gear for max critical damage -- although it goes over +300% on gear, you shouldn't need more than +200%. Bonus points, add an ally's Mirror Light for +12% more.
    Level 55 Retired Theorycrafter / Mathemagician / Forum Warrior / Boundless Fountain of Rage
    Some starter suggestions on improving ArcheAge.
    <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchegeDown View Post
    count until 10....

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    I'm making a lot of assumptions there which are subject to randomness and general infeasibility, such as rolling high on the shot and being insanely geared and buffed. You'd also need Gravesinger, but you'd be much more likely to roll Honorguard or Ebonsong at a slight damage hit for a better build. Account for Intensified Harm, Macabre Reach, Overpowered Spell Locus, Berserk Nodachi, Bloody Chantey, assume max high roll on weapon range. Assume gear for max critical damage -- although it goes over +300% on gear, you shouldn't need more than +200%. Bonus points, add an ally's Mirror Light for +12% more.
    I still have to argue that Cast time reduction is worse compared to Attack Speed/Global Cooldown reduction which is usually making meelee classes more viable compared to mages.

Even when I understand your opinion on Shrug it off and its 50% magic damage reduction + immunity vs control effect, still battlerage as a skill tree alone is overpowered. Adding Shadowplay for stealt/mobility and also damage and auramancy for mobility and defense will be strong enought even post 3.0.

Making Songcraft more attractive to non-magic classes with change of zeal? Well Disciplined performance is something that can replace soon to be missing effect of Shrug it off, while giving a really great chance of critical damage. I am eagerly waiting for official translation of new zeal...

If it will state "triggers after successfull critical magic dmg or heal" it would not be so OP for meelee/archery users even in case it will improve all critical rates and dmg.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Bring on the darkrunner nerfs.

1. Removed the ability to move while using Telekinesis (????)
    You can no longer move the target that's in the telekinesis (The movement was super slow anyways, and barely used)

8. Mend has some new interaction with Renewal that I don't really understand. Maybe involves Sacrifice. (Text: 연쇄 추가 : 희생 시 모든 대상에게 회복의 씨앗을 추가로 생성 및 자신의 희생 효과 제거)
    Mend has a new combo with Sacrifice that consumes sacrifice to do something to all targets affected. Seems to give Renewal to them?
    Nhuo
    Stone Arrow
    Kadum East
    Semi-Inactive

Some of these changes are disconcerting. The general idea I get is that the game will now be less versatile, you will have less opportunities to play custom/hybrid classes; a meta will arise with even more molded classes and their obvious counters. Several of my raid specs will be terrible. My main concern is that I dropped Shadowplay to get more damage from Battlerage, and then dropped Auramancy in favor of Songcraft or Vita as I could play Battlerage as damage/utility the way it suited the situation.

The hybrid classes I'm currently geared for with BR+buffing trees like Songcraft will no longer work. I'm already restricted in movement and highly situational in mobility by using Battlerage as mobility.

So basically I have two choices. Keep BR and always run Aura for 2nd spec, meaning I can no longer combo vita+song to combine the healing passives or support raid with buffs/debuffs and focus heals - I will either have to pick focus heals, or buffing. The other choice is to swap back BR for SP, and lose considerable damage output just in favor of the situational mobility of SP (dropback, shadowstep).

If I don't switch out BR and don't pick Aura, I can no longer make up for the lack of defense in my trees by prebuffing with Bondbreaker (for instance to counter archers who after skill queue mysteriously slice through my plate like it's nobody's business), and no longer gap close effectively. Chasing or escaping will be out of the question unless I change my class to fit the meta.

I'm sure I will be able to find another class that is still viable for some of my playstyle but it won't be nearly as effective as now. I will basically have to choose between being picking Aura and be mobile, but then dropping a tree that would actually be useful for a raid; or to be a considerably slower, easier to catch target that's taking more damage and is less likely to chase down opponents - I might as well go pure buffer or DR right away.

It would make more sense to nerf the damage of BR, which will still scale ridiculously damage-wise the way it does; to lower the damage reduction gained by Bondbreaker rather than removing it wholly, lengthening cooldowns/nerfing cooldown resets on the mobility skills rather than removing their use while CC'ed.

I guess I will go back to play Herald or full time Argent in order to get close to the playstyle I'm trying to achieve (and gear for).
    Theory crafter - GM of TR

Quote Originally Posted by Fresterskan View Post
    Some of these changes are disconcerting. The general idea I get is that the game will now be less versatile, you will have less opportunities to play custom/hybrid classes; a meta will arise with even more molded classes and their obvious counters. Several of my raid specs will be terrible. My main concern is that I dropped Shadowplay to get more damage from Battlerage, and then dropped Auramancy in favor of Songcraft or Vita as I could play Battlerage as damage/utility the way it suited the situation.
    Some classes/builds always suffer whenever changes are made, but I don't think hybrids in general will suffer, if anything, some will get much stronger.

What your class loses in mobility it gains in damage output, with Zeal and Rhythm boosting melee attacks too.

Similarly, occultism passives now benefit melee and ranged attacks.

Zeal and all crit dmg increasing passives on occultism and vitalism are getting a 50% nerf. Why do i think that? This is a translate of Zeal from xlgames character website:

"Shin Myung

Maintenance technology
    Maximizes all crit or healing if all six seconds to maximize the probability and the probability of 5% crit increase healing and all crit damage and maximize additional healing occur, this will increase to 75%.
    Fires the specified cycle more quickly if this piques Shin Myung-12 seconds this will disable"

I cant make heads or tails of how it procs tho. Heres the link to the translated website: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...bad6a%2Fskills

Occultism passives link: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...eeede%2Fskills

Big damage nerf for some classes, while bringing more crit damage sources for other classes i guess.

I can no longer make up for the lack of defense in my trees by prebuffing with Bondbreaker
    It doesn't make sense to pick a offensinf tree to make up for the lack of defense in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Zeal and all crit dmg increasing passives on occultism and vitalism are getting a 50% nerf. Why do i think that? This is a translate of Zeal from xlgames character website:

"Shin Myung

Maintenance technology
    Maximizes all crit or healing if all six seconds to maximize the probability and the probability of 5% crit increase healing and all crit damage and maximize additional healing occur, this will increase to 75%.
    Fires the specified cycle more quickly if this piques Shin Myung-12 seconds this will disable"

I cant make heads or tails of how it procs tho. Heres the link to the translated website: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...bad6a%2Fskills

Occultism passives link: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...eeede%2Fskills

Big damage nerf for some classes, while bringing more crit damage sources for other classes i guess.
    I have seen no confirmation of zeal/other halved mulitpliers getting nerfed. I think this is just a change to make people not have to do as much math.

50% base crit chance
    150% zeal tooltip

.5*1.5 = 75%

50% + 75% +xcritdmg%s = y%s

Quote Originally Posted by CariadocThorne View Post
    Some classes/builds always suffer whenever changes are made, but I don't think hybrids in general will suffer, if anything, some will get much stronger.

What your class loses in mobility it gains in damage output, with Zeal and Rhythm boosting melee attacks too.
    I don't think it said anything about Rhythm increasing melee and ranged attacks, just Zeal being triggered by and affecting all attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Zeal and all crit dmg increasing passives on occultism and vitalism are getting a 50% nerf...
    I believe that's just the funky way critical damage is described. Presently, +150% critical damage from Zeal is a percentage of the base critical bonus, which is 50% of non-critical damage. Ergo, 150% critical damage is +75% of non-critical damage. It has been that way as long as I have been playing. It's also why you shouldn't overrate critical damage bonuses.
    Level 55 Retired Theorycrafter / Mathemagician / Forum Warrior / Boundless Fountain of Rage
    Some starter suggestions on improving ArcheAge.
    <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchegeDown View Post
    count until 10....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast