+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 249

Thread: 3.0 balance changes discussion

  1. #191
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10
    Ah yes thats definetly the case. Didnt think they wud simplify on the website

    wtb 10k ressilience -.- what classes are tanky in korea now? or shud i just give up on tanks? Seems like occu+song+dps will melt anythin in raid fights

  2. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Ah yes thats definetly the case. Didnt think they wud simplify on the website

    wtb 10k ressilience -.- what classes are tanky in korea now? or shud i just give up on tanks? Seems like occu+song+dps will melt anythin in raid fights
    Or just die from lack of magic mitigation and cc immunities/breaks auramancy gives. Even after the nerfs, auramancy is still going to be necessary for almost everyone in RvR.

  3. #193
    Senior Member Gamemako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    wtb 10k ressilience -.- what classes are tanky in korea now? or shud i just give up on tanks? Seems like occu+song+dps will melt anythin in raid fights
    Zeal requires 11 points. Intensified Harm requires 10 points. That leaves you with a paltry 7 from your third skillset. As Twilightmagus mentioned, it's also fairly squishy. You should temper your expectations for that strategy -- it's certainly a niche trick. Undoubtedly better than it was prior to 3.0b, but still will be something you see very rarely if at all.

    Tanky classes in Korea are same as ever, good ol' Def/Aura classes. Bastions are quite popular over there, as are Skullknights and Templars. Also a few Abolishers and Thaumaturges.
    Level 55 Retired Theorycrafter / Mathemagician / Forum Warrior / Boundless Fountain of Rage
    Some starter suggestions on improving ArcheAge.
    <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchegeDown View Post
    count until 10....

  4. #194
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Posts
    4,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    I believe that's just the funky way critical damage is described. Presently, +150% critical damage from Zeal is a percentage of the base critical bonus, which is 50% of non-critical damage. Ergo, 150% critical damage is +75% of non-critical damage. It has been that way as long as I have been playing. It's also why you shouldn't overrate critical damage bonuses.
    Recently tested Zeal with new better weapon and with boosted Critical Damage in Magic. 20k in library from a Critical Discord was a surprise for me. Normal crits while I had Aranzeb's Infusion vs Zeal based crits are with my current class setting in favor of Songcraft.

    Also generally speaking - PVP classes which do a lot of PVP damage are based on combining Critical rates, high critical damage and Defense penetration. Aside from Shrug it off magic resistance boost, its the main reason why we meet so many Darkrunners.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

  5. #195
    Senior Member Cohiba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    Zeal requires 11 points. Intensified Harm requires 10 points. That leaves you with a paltry 7 from your third skillset. As Twilightmagus mentioned, it's also fairly squishy. You should temper your expectations for that strategy -- it's certainly a niche trick. Undoubtedly better than it was prior to 3.0b, but still will be something you see very rarely if at all.

    Tanky classes in Korea are same as ever, good ol' Def/Aura classes. Bastions are quite popular over there, as are Skullknights and Templars. Also a few Abolishers and Thaumaturges.
    exactly this. I can imagine most people will take a choice based on their spec. people that go into the enemies as frontliners will most likely pick up occultism for damage, as many passives trigger on eating damage/crits.. while ranged "snipers" with archery or sorcery will probably prefer to take songcraft.
    taking both songcraft and occultism doesn't work too well, as you basically sacrifice tons of mobility and utility.. and if you want to get all the good passives you lose out on the strong passives in your main DPS tree and therefore don't have any major damage benefit at all :/
    Mari juana (without space)
    Jakar Server
    Discord Contact: Cohiba#0420

    Videos here
    Gear Calculator here

  6. #196
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,840
    Time to dust off the ol' dawncaller.
    "You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw." - Bill Watterson

    Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Archeage is not a PvP game.

  7. #197
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Posts
    4,584
    "Zeal now affects all damage types."

    Have to ask again.

    For now Zeal triggers upon successful magic critical damage or heal. increases magic/heal Critical rates by 5% and Magic Critical damage and Heal by +150%.

    Has the triggering part changed in 3.0?
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

  8. #198
    Senior Member Gamemako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    "Zeal now affects all damage types."

    Have to ask again.

    For now Zeal triggers upon successful magic critical damage or heal. increases magic/heal Critical rates by 5% and Magic Critical damage and Heal by +150%.

    Has the triggering part changed in 3.0?
    Sorry I missed your question. The notes say it includes both trigger condition and effect, so yes. The text is

    신명
    - 발동 조건 및 영향 : 마법과 치유 효과 -> 모든 공격 및 치유 변경
    Level 55 Retired Theorycrafter / Mathemagician / Forum Warrior / Boundless Fountain of Rage
    Some starter suggestions on improving ArcheAge.
    <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchegeDown View Post
    count until 10....

  9. #199
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Nazar
    Posts
    579
    bump, just cause good thread
    Rickie
    <Lusty Seabugs>
    Pirates Green of Nazar, Bastards of Lucius. Returned for AA:U as a filthy casual on Runert.

    Never Say Die.

  10. #200
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Posts
    4,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    Sorry I missed your question. The notes say it includes both trigger condition and effect, so yes. The text is

    신명
    - 발동 조건 및 영향 : 마법과 치유 효과 -> 모든 공격 및 치유 변경
    Just checked korean version of Archeage DB calculator to verify it as much possible. Word "Deity" definitely refers to "Zeal"

    http://archeagedatabase.net/kr/buff/494/?sl=1

    Translation is bit troublesome...
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts