+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can someone give me a lore recap pls

Can someone give me a lore recap pls

So my friends say archeage is crap because it doesn't have a lore and I'm trying to explain to them there is but I actually domt know much about the lore lol
    If someone could just provide a quick recap of the entire lore (doesn't have to be in full great Quillodon 100 page essay level recap, but if you can then great)

K thanks

Don't take this as hardcore fact, this is just what I picked up from playing the Elven storyline, and from memory which is mixed in with 1000 other RPG storylines, so YOLO here goes.

Long ago all races lived in harmony on Auroria, together. Life was ideal in the kingdoms of Delphinad and Exeloch, all the zones we know. A group of 12 adventurers looking to make fame and fortune set out to find the Lost Garden of power. They found it after get travels and trials, and bestowed with the powers within, became living gods. Men above men, immortals. Demigods in the Grecian sense.

These friends' personalities and powers each shaped their godhood, some became the patron of archers or war, while others the deity of peace or knowledge.

Kyrios, god of war, was enamored with Aranzebia (I think), the wife (I think) of Aranzeb. By this point most of the adventurers had split paths, working for their own agendas. Aranzebia sort of played both sides of the field (I think), leading Kyrios's jealousy along. Aranzeb and Kyrios were best friends, brothers, and some of the closest in the party. Eventually SOMETHING happened (Don't remember not sure what) that finally brought the confrontation to a head, and Kyrios and Aranzeb turned on eachother. Kyrios consumed by bloodlust, hatred, and anger in his blind divinity began using dark powers and sources to lay siege on the world of Auroria.

The other heroes responded, choosing sides. This is where the game-intro leads in with the cheesy fight scene. Soon demigods and their armies walked the earth, ruining cities and entire nations, wreaking havoc.

Kyrios was powerful, and winning the war. Eventually Aranzeb himself met him on the field of battle (lord of the elves) and was slaughtered by his old brother and best friend, now a corrupt and insane god of hatred and warfare. The war and energy of a god's death proved too much, and Auroria began breaking. The continent was shattered, the people divided. Fire fell from the skies and the oceans swelled and crushed cities. All life threatened to be extinguished, no hope was left.

Lucius and Nui, god of bards and goddess of peace stayed out of the conflict, working together to employ ancient lore to open a "hereafter gate". They took the divided peoples and sent them to the respective continents of Nuia and Haranya, providing them with a portal as the earth crumbled and spewed death into the sky. This is also a portion of the intro.

Their home was lost, their cities gone. A nomad people, on unfamiliar continents, without nations, each with a deep and indebted hatred to the other. For centuries they have worked on their new lands... dreaming, working, toiling.... Until the day they reclaim Auroria.
    Name: Ryjami
    Server: Kyrios
    Faction: Nuia
    GM of Peacekeepers
    Ranked #1 in Class-A witty banter
    "Don't ever let it become more than a game"

Don't listen to Ryjami, he's left out a heeeeeeeeeell of a lot of information, like the whole luring of Kyrios to the Ayanad Library as a trap concieved by Alexander (which you know more about as you go through the Ayanad Library). There's also the story behind mistsong, and once 3.0 is released, more information on the whole Demon War (at least I'd imagine so since we've seen the Warborn in Two Crowns if you saw the livestreams when players were going through it).

Really though, if you can get your hands on the KR book series you've probably got the entire game in your hands.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

All you need to grasp from ArcheAge Lore is that Firran are the Master Race, the Apex Predator, and the rest of you are prey.

Oh wait there's more.

ArcheAge's Lore comes from a book series. A Korean book series. Written by Korean Fantasy writer Jeon Min-hee.

So there's actually a huge amount of Lore. And it's such a pity these books aren't available in English.

Archeage has a lot of lore, its just doesn't give you the entire story in one sit in. Its broken up into various little side stories like books, quests, items, storyline and even trash stuff that most of us overlook. There is a lot to learn about the world, you just have to actually look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alara View Post
    All you need to grasp from ArcheAge Lore is that Firran are the Master Race, the Apex Predator, and the rest of you are prey.

Oh wait there's more.

ArcheAge's Lore comes from a book series. A Korean book series. Written by Korean Fantasy writer Jeon Min-hee.

So there's actually a huge amount of Lore. And it's such a pity these books aren't available in English.
    It's probably intentional so we have a reason to play the game.
    I mean if we could just buy the books the game is based off of and see the entire thing from beginning to end in a couple hours of reading, nothing would be a surprise (like Kyrios's death baby).

and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Quote Originally Posted by neoVictrix View Post
    It's probably intentional so we have a reason to play the game.
    I mean if we could just buy the books the game is based off of and see the entire thing from beginning to end in a couple hours of reading, nothing would be a surprise (like Kyrios's death baby).
    That's a weird argument if you consider a MMORPG like LOTRO.

That's a weird argument if you consider a MMORPG like LOTRO.
    I think it's safe to say all of us in this community are weird enough to where that would make sense.

Retired from Eanna [Hasla, Lutesong, Rokhala island]

There are strongs differences between ArcheAge lore, and Original lore.
    XL doing crap (simplification, omission, alteration) to make it follow its game(& marketing) development.

I recommend to read the novel Alara quoted if you want to learn more
    Moly Prim
    Member of Prim Clan
    -
    In honor and memory of Quillodon. Thiol's child, God of Yata, Heavenly Protector of explorers, Keeper of the hidden library and Erenor's story

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast