+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dominion in Mirage?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Hello everyone!

So the team has been working on a change to Mirage Isle for Dominions for a while now, and it seems the feature has gone live earlier than anticipated. Yes, this change to Mirage Isle is intended, and Dominions can now progress there as normal. This change was made in response to player feedback, and it's one of the reasons a respawn point was added to Mirage Isle a while back. (We know some eagle eyed people caught that.)

For those involved in Dominions, please be aware that Mirage Isle is no longer a safe zone and you can (and will) be killed while there. Outside of Dominions, normal safety rules still apply, so don't fret thinking that Mirage has become a PvP zone -- it has not.

If you're not a fan of Dominions and want to stay out of guild versus guild battles, make sure that your guild is either too low level for Dominions, or invest in peace treaties to block dominions.

Otherwise, we hope you guys enjoy the change, and sorry for the sudden heads up! We'll add it to the patch notes now.
    Wow you guys actually made a pro-pvp really good choice for once. I am impressed, thank you.

Now here is to hoping you changed the system in terms of peace treaties and what not so dominions actually take place once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
    You know i can keep peace treaty up 24/7, but it's sad seeing some poor guy that has been playing three weeks and joined a guild get dominioned on and lose all of his stuff. He joined the wrong guild maybe, or his guild was once big enough to defend itself but lost players. Many reasons exist. Whatever the reason, the guy loses his packs in a safe zone, gets discouraged, and leaves the game.
    lmfao at QUITTING the game because they lost packs one time.

Also, this was clearly intended to be part of the September anniversary update and just got enabled early accidentally. So keep in mind this could just be a small part of a larger Dominion system revamp which it DESPERATELY needs. So no reason to whine about it until we see the full changes. If this is indeed the only change they are making to it I will also be disappointed though.

Hello everyone!

So the team has been working on a change to Mirage Isle for Dominions for a while now, and it seems the feature has gone live earlier than anticipated. Yes, this change to Mirage Isle is intended, and Dominions can now progress there as normal. This change was made in response to player feedback, and it's one of the reasons a respawn point was added to Mirage Isle a while back. (We know some eagle eyed people caught that.)

For those involved in Dominions, please be aware that Mirage Isle is no longer a safe zone and you can (and will) be killed while there. Outside of Dominions, normal safety rules still apply, so don't fret thinking that Mirage has become a PvP zone -- it has not.

If you're not a fan of Dominions and want to stay out of guild versus guild battles, make sure that your guild is either too low level for Dominions, or invest in peace treaties to block dominions.

Otherwise, we hope you guys enjoy the change, and sorry for the sudden heads up! We'll add it to the patch notes now.
    Why not just give the "PvP' crowd a bloody PvP server like in KR instead of ruining game for the majority? Contrary to what gankers have you believe, this game is not all about PvP.

Ok, i understand what you are thinking : "if we give them specific pvp server they will not play on it despite their bull♥♥♥♥ting on forums, so there is no point", well there is point, you can them point them directly to that server every time they complain about not having enough "PvP".

Quote Originally Posted by harutora View Post
    Why not just give the "PvP' crowd a bloody PvP server like in KR instead of ruining game for the majority? Contrary to what gankers have you believe, this game is not all about PvP.

Ok, i understand what you are thinking : "if we give them specific pvp server they will not play on it despite their bull♥♥♥♥ting on forums, so there is no point", well there is point, you can them point them directly to that server every time they complain about not having enough "PvP".
    Don't level up your guild past 3 if you don't want to get declared war on. This game is already very carebear and casual friendly. VERY. Easily the most forgiving MMO I have played that has ever pretended to be a "sandbox". Yet you people still whine about it.

Hello everyone!

Just wanna say that it isn't live in all places, I had a dominion and looked in mirage and wasn't able to target or attack anyone
    Sparx
    Queen of Lizards
    TARIS
    Queen of Haranya

STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C

Why can't you TRINO people at least try to understand how things are abused in game. Dominions in their current form are only used as a way to steal packs and score easy kills to get 10+ before logging off.
    I just want to point out that this is factually incorrect. My guild does dominions regularly. Usually we get together with a friendly guild and use the dominion for PvP practice and guild experience for both sides. We've also used dominion to play a game of hide-and-seek with another guild — one guild sneaks around in a city, and the other guild's job is to find them and kill them. Now we can do that on Mirage; that should be fun!

Granted, we have used dominion to steal packs from a red guild that was foolish enough to run a trade ship across the sea without a peace treaty, but that sort of thing is a rarity. Most of the time it's for fun and guild leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    I just want to point out that this is factually incorrect. My guild does dominions regularly. Usually we get together with a friendly guild and use the dominion for PvP practice and guild experience for both sides. We've also used dominion to play a game of hide-and-seek with another guild one guild sneaks around in a city, and the other guild's job is to find them and kill them. Now we can do that on Mirage; that should be fun!

Granted, we have used dominion to steal packs from red guild that was foolish enough to run a trade ship across the sea without a peace treaty, but that sort of thing is a rarity. Most of the time it's for fun and guild leveling.
    I agree. Salphira has way too many peace using guilds

Quote Originally Posted by Squanky View Post
    I agree. Salphira has way too many peace using guilds
    I'm not sure I understand what you're agreeing with. I'm saying a guild that's running a full trade ship should have a peace treaty up. Why give your enemy an advantage?

Why can't you TRINO people at least try to understand how things are abused in game. Dominions in their current form are only used as a way to steal packs and score easy kills to get 10+ before logging off.
    Shut up LC
    fixed it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast