+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Questions on Phantasm [Occ - Aura - Song]

Question Questions on Phantasm [Occ - Aura - Song]

I currently play as Skullknight, and am looking forward for an offspec. If someone could help me out and give me some tips I would appreciate. So here are my questions:

1. How good do you think the class is?
    2. What would be its Strengths and Weaknesses?
    3. How useful would it be in: a) a solo prespective? b) a GvG prespective
    4. What would be the ideal gear for it?
    ̶D̶e̶g̶u̶z̶a̶ Kingsizebigmac
    <Mutiny>
    Eanna
    Prophecy RIP
    Anthalon RIP
    Leviathan RIP
    Janudar RIP

Donations to Kingsizebigmac, Eanna Pirate. tyvm

omg <Kappa> pk guild :>

1. I don't unless you are extremely geared.
    2. Lack of damage unless really geared.
    3. Solo 1v1 it has CC from all 3 skillsets, however I think you need really high magic DPS for this to ever work. GvG I would not play as an initiator even though it has Aura and Occ. I would play it as a back line support. Shoot mana stars and wait for people to try to jump on your healers, vicious implode, hell spears, songcraft stun, etc. You have plenty of CC to deal with people on healers.
    4. Ideal gear, obsidian cloth with staff. You can go board and sword(katana/scepter) but if you never plan to play a defense class, then there is no need for a shield..

Quote Originally Posted by Bloks3 View Post
    1. I don't unless you are extremely geared.
    2. Lack of damage unless really geared.
    3. Solo 1v1 it has CC from all 3 skillsets, however I think you need really high magic DPS for this to ever work. GvG I would not play as an initiator even though it has Aura and Occ. I would play it as a back line support. Shoot mana stars and wait for people to try to jump on your healers, vicious implode, hell spears, songcraft stun, etc. You have plenty of CC to deal with people on healers.
    4. Ideal gear, obsidian cloth with staff. You can go board and sword(katana/scepter) but if you never plan to play a defense class, then there is no need for a shield..
    Alright thank you for your opinion
    <Mutiny>
    Eanna
    Prophecy RIP
    Anthalon RIP
    Leviathan RIP
    Janudar RIP

anyway.. find another mainspec too. SK's exclusivly working constellation is when your enemy-zerg is containing noobs only.

Quote Originally Posted by Vr4r3X View Post
    anyway.. find another mainspec too. SK's exclusivly working constellation is when your enemy-zerg is containing noobs only.
    What do you mean? SK is op and useful af, even in medium scale pvp o.o
    <Mutiny>
    Eanna
    Prophecy RIP
    Anthalon RIP
    Leviathan RIP
    Janudar RIP

Search on forum, you'll find something

Phantasm is quite fun, and makes a decent support class, mixing songcraft with Occ tricks like holding people with TK so your friends can use them as a pinata.

It is more of a fun niche class than an unappreciated gem though.

Edit: Oh and when supporting with songs, play the heal song even if you don't have a healing weapon. As soon as you see Zeal proc, teleport into the action and implode>hellspear>crows>crippling mire>dissonance>thwart>summon wraith

Zeal+rhythm stacks+burning brand stacks+bloody chanty can make for one hell of an AoE burst, and Dissonance+thwart+wraith nerfs return damage into the ground,at least for a few seconds. If you die soon enough, Death's vengeance will still get all those lovely buffs, so you should take several enemies with you.

Quote Originally Posted by CariadocThorne View Post
    Phantasm is quite fun, and makes a decent support class, mixing songcraft with Occ tricks like holding people with TK so your friends can use them as a pinata.

It is more of a fun niche class than an unappreciated gem though.

Edit: Oh and when supporting with songs, play the heal song even if you don't have a healing weapon. As soon as you see Zeal proc, teleport into the action and implode>hellspear>crows>crippling mire>dissonance>thwart>summon wraith

Zeal+rhythm stacks+burning brand stacks+bloody chanty can make for one hell of an AoE burst, and Dissonance+thwart+wraith nerfs return damage into the ground,at least for a few seconds. If you die soon enough, Death's vengeance will still get all those lovely buffs, so you should take several enemies with you.
    Thanks for the tips mate! and I think my friends will also love a Pinata hehe Will defo try it this weekend and then consider whether I play it or not
    <Mutiny>
    Eanna
    Prophecy RIP
    Anthalon RIP
    Leviathan RIP
    Janudar RIP

try reaper ♥♥♥ a off spec solo spec. ocult-sorc-shadow very strong class IMO and i main it now unless raid v raid. i like it better then dagger spell or spell singer for 1v1 and small scale pvp
    <Shots Fired>
    <Tractor Team 6>ded
    <Awakening>ded
    <WEST SIDE><3
    <Locked Up>
    <llllllll>

Quote Originally Posted by Deguza View Post
    What do you mean? SK is op and useful af, even in medium scale pvp o.o
    so many working counters against sk-engages. Don't see the real usage of a sk against a skilled raid.
    In dr-age just mirror their movement and kill the backline-dps with a disciplined dps-train.
    The only useful fact is that playing sk mostly prevents from being first target.

ask the backline low pdef dps how long they live when a leg T6+ archer/dr focusses them. You can't even have enough healers/sk to counter that if high-dps meets skill/movement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast