+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: A word on the recent disconnections and lag [UPDATED: 3:00 PM PDT, Nov 21]

Thank you very much for the communication. And also thank you for acknowledging part of the issue is on Trion's side when you could have easily blamed it all on the other guy. Godspeed on the fixes.

Hiya sweethearts o/,
    Mkay, I see a lot of people who have issues with their UI setting remaining as they place them, so let me help you a bit. From what I have deduced, the UI likes to save an initial folder when you first play the game called “USER” It takes the initial UI settings and graphic settings you agree upon and saves them here … never to be changeable again. If you log in and out of different accounts (As I do in order to pay for my sister in-laws, moms and an injured guild mate) it sometimes thinks that the initial user folder is in use. When it thinks that the user folder is in current use it begins by loading the default settings again. When you go into this new default settings and change anything or not, it creates a follow up user folder called ‘USER2” I’ve heard of it doing this up to 10 times depending on how many account’s you have and how fast you log in and out… for me I’ve only had it up to a max of 5 at a time because I can only log into one account at a time. If you fail to alter the additional users, when you log out that user setting solidifies.
    The fix =)
    Go into your “C:\Users\???????\Documents\ArcheAgeDocuments \Arch eAge” and remove all folders that say USER or USER2 or any number after the name USER. Make sure you’re not in the game so that it will actually let you remove the USER folders. Then enter the game and adapt your settings to how you like them… both UI and Graphic settings and sound. After this run to a few points for about 15 minutes. Then log out correctly. Now if you go back into the Initial file location you will find a folder named USER again. Copy this and paste it about 5 more times… it should come out as USER-copy and USER – copy (2) etc. Rename them all as follows USER2, USER3, USER4, etc.… however many you want ( I do 5, but if you have a lot of accounts you log in and out of you might want more) This will allow the computer to instead of creating a new file when it thinks the initial one is in use, to merely utilizes the next one in the sequence. So if it thinks USER is in use, it will go to USER2 (Unless you didn’t create a USER2, then it will create one with default settings)
    I hope this helps your UI problem. I tried to keep it as simplistic as possible so it doesn’t overwhelm you all =)
    I reposted this from the previous thread for those of you who never got to read it

XOXO
    Krystal

So are you going to change your policy about event completion for people that keep getting disconnected... policies that hurt your users due to your shortcomings, again? I missed out on a past one and got the cold shoulder, round 2? Or change "policy" and make things right?

4.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #14
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alustriel View Post
    Thank you for the update and acknowledgment of the issue. I'm happy to see that Trion is making efforts to communicate with the community and stay on top of issues reported. (I've been away a year and just returned less than a week ago to Archeage).

May I ask, how are you tracking or noting who is impacted? I have been getting disconnected since yesterday afternoon, on a fairly regular basis that only thing I feel comfortable doing right now is farming because I'll get Dc'd trying to fish, dc'd trying to do Halcyona, Dc'd making packs... so living the carebear life while this is happening however I didn't open a ticket because I saw a lot of people commenting and your continued updates on this however it is now impacting my ability to generate gold and try to create new gear and regrade some current gear in order to "catch up on my serer"
    We know who is logging in/is online and at what times, and we know what times people are being impacted. Thus, we can keep track of who's been affected by this. You don't need to open a ticket, or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    We know who is logging in/is online and at what times, and we know what times people are being impacted. Thus, we can keep track of who's been affected by this. You don't need to open a ticket, or anything like that.
    That's good to know

It's been way better on my end, and I haven't DC'd since my last post in the other topic. Hope it gets fixed for everyone.
    Rusgon

Ruston

ABOLISHER - TAHYANG

6.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #16
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Setrict View Post
    Thank you very much for the communication. And also thank you for acknowledging part of the issue is on Trion's side when you could have easily blamed it all on the other guy. Godspeed on the fixes.
    Hey, we always want to be as direct as possible with what's going on with the game and our service. That way you can be sure we're taking the appropriate steps to fix it. Sometimes it isn't always on our side (like that one day when the entire internet was getting DDOSed) but when it is, we'll absolutely let people know that it is, and we're fixing it.

yo, why do i always dc after I regrade my things?
    not to mention RNG is still ♥♥♥♥ anyways since all my celestials turned arcane and bought lots of those charms

I've got a pile of cheese to run out of windscour, sure as hell ain't going to when I can get dc'd at any moment and leave my hauler for the next passer-by to drive off with.. in other words.. this is costing me money I could be spending on the regrade event or something.. not to mention world events like cr/gr, kracken, etc, where a mass disconnect will pretty much end the event (and cost a bucketload of sand for 100's of vehicle repairs as is the reason I didn't join kracken earlier.. good thing I didn't too, as i got dc'd about 2 mins after it started and havent loaded back in since) now, i'm going to run my packs anyways, 1 at a time on my longboard because I need the gold... lets see how many I actually get in to austera without getting dc'd mid-ride..

Hey, we always want to be as direct as possible with what's going on with the game and our service. That way you can be sure we're taking the appropriate steps to fix it. Sometimes it isn't always on our side (like that one day when the entire internet was getting DDOSed) but when it is, we'll absolutely let people know that it is, and we're fixing it.
    While you're actively monitoring Celestrata, with the past turkey events I ended 11/12 during hurricane matthew when we lost power/internet for days. I had been able to actually turn in 12+ times but it consumed the items w/no progress added anyway. So partly didn't complete due to the event turnins being unclear from the get-go and partly because of a natural disaster(who do we blame that on?) Figured no big deal trion has given back people way more for way less effort/fight. IE.(i've seen people with dream rings that are legendary bc i guess the GM didnt know what they were doing when they gave it back to someone who had intentionally deleted their quests/items when they quit.) Library earrings/stolen gear/bugged gear(know ppl that ended up with multiples in the end bc GM didnt put the gems back in right and made multiples and never removed). Yet a crappy celestial accessory charm(didnt even want--just wanted the progress towards the total event completion for turkey pet) is against policy was the answer i received.

So what i'm trying to say is....to whom it may concern, simple requests should be simple. Unless your guys intention is to actually push more players away. It wasn't that big of a deal to me really but with the shotty responses I received I've cancelled my patrons. Seems like a company would provide better cust support as the ship starts sinking not worse. Soon everyone will have transferred to the same server(kyrios) or quit off to the point you guys have to cut back on servers or lower your load that you're paying for them.

I played from beta, and played for a while...when I had issue and submitted a ticket, I always got quick and respectful responses(not a SINGLE other MMO has done that for me)...

I took some time off from the game. My early days here, the forum comm between Trion and the players was HORRIBLE. Now that I've been back for a while, and have to check in on an issue, I am SO relieved that the comm is there, now. Thank you, again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast