+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Cash Shop Items

Recent Cash Shop Items

Regrade scrolls were recently added to the cash shop and now we're voicing our opinion on the forums about them.

What really struck my attention was the other items they've added next to them.

Eco-fuel & Shatigon's Pinch & Handful

I'm really worried where the direction of the cash shop is heading with these recent additions. There is no communication whatsoever between Trion and the community about adding them in.

Might be just me, but these items might ruin the end-game economy that ArcheAge stands for.

Opinions?

Reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/com...hop_direction/

Quote Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
    A mother, father, and their mute son were sitting at the breakfast table as they had done every day that they were a family. On this day the mother and father were discussing their plans for the day when all of a sudden their mute son says "My cornflakes are soggy." The parents look at their son in disbelief and then the mother manages to say "You can talk! We thought you were a mute!" The son frowns and says "Of course I can talk, but up until now everything has been fine."
    I love this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchkitty View Post
    Regrade scrolls were recently added to the cash shop and now we're voicing our opinion on the forums about them.

What really struck my attention was the other items they've added next to them.

Eco-fuel & Shatigon's Pinch & Handful

I'm really worried where the direction of the cash shop is heading with these recent additions. There is no communication whatsoever between Trion and the community about adding them in.

Might be just me, but these items might ruin the end-game economy that ArcheAge stands for.

Opinions?

Reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/com...hop_direction/

If they're going to be adding this kind of thing to the game, I'm not going to be playing it. It's one thing to craft an item that takes effort, it's another to get any item and then pay real money to "make it better"

I also don't trust RNG "improvement" items to begin with.

The cash shop should not allow a player a shortcut to be best gear in the game. Particularly in PvP. Why bother doing the dungeons if you can just get the regular quest gear and then cash-shop upgrade it to the best grade?

I'm fine with seeing cosmetic clothing (that covers, not boosts existing gear) , and I'm fine with seeing pets in the cash shop. Some people just want that specific pet early on, even though it can be had for free.

If they are going to add items to the cash shop the prices on sandglass and eco fuel need to be increased so crafters can make profits still. They all need to be 5x more expensive than this price point as to not effect the crafting market.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyoko View Post
    If they're going to be adding this kind of thing to the game, I'm not going to be playing it. It's one thing to craft an item that takes effort, it's another to get any item and then pay real money to "make it better"

I also don't trust RNG "improvement" items to begin with.

The cash shop should not allow a player a shortcut to be best gear in the game. Particularly in PvP. Why bother doing the dungeons if you can just get the regular quest gear and then cash-shop upgrade it to the best grade?

I'm fine with seeing cosmetic clothing (that covers, not boosts existing gear) , and I'm fine with seeing pets in the cash shop. Some people just want that specific pet early on, even though it can be had for free.
    Regular quest gear is crap gear. Crafting gear is miles better than anything else. Even if you upgraded a quest gear to Mythic level a crafted gear 2 or 3 grades lower would still be better stat wise

these won't be a big deal after a while.Most ppl will rather just buy these items with gold then spend real money on them.Also these will be nice for ppl who want to do more solo playing

Get those hourglasses out of the cash shop NOW.

The regrade charms and the eco fuel are fine, who cares, but having the hourglasses behind requiring 10k/20k Alchemy makes losing a boat in the early stages of a server cataclysmic and that is AWESOME. Also, a lot of Alchemists make good money from crafting those even late into a server. Get them out of the Cash Shop.

really hope trion listens to all these complaints and takes a step back especially on anything that effects crafting.. there shouldn't be anything in the shop that is supposed to be made and distributed by crafters

I think the hourglasses and the fuel are out of the question. Both of these items will drastically effect the economy. Fractured has several members that spend their time collecting ♥♥♥♥ just for the sake of making fuel because we know how valuable it'll be. We build tons of fuel so that we can avoid having to chase down Hourglasses. When we can't do our runs with fuel we pull together cash and make sure we can get enough off the market.

Fuel is, in my opinion, a big part of the meta of Archeage trading. Adding those items to the shop is a mistake.

I love ArcheAge. I've only played like 30-40 hours but I've spent probably a hundred hours the last two weeks alone researching the games various systems and I love the design.

I truly believe it has the potential to muscle its way into a saturated MMO market, not because of cool graphics, not because of sexy quests or armor, but because of run and mostly rewarding gameplay systems.

Lets be honest though, ArchAge isn't an MMO that excels all round:

World of Warcraft has an established competitive PvP scene.
    Guild wars 2 has an incredible world, fairly good story and some fairly decent (somewhat repetitve) PvE scene.
    Wildstar has some of the best action based combat MMOs have seen.

The reason ArcheAge stands out to a lot of players is because of trade packs, the open world PvP that brings as well as a very length gearing process.

I think ArcheAge will attract players who like working towards things, players who love to compete against other players for something of meaning, I might be speaking only for myself but I don't think that kind of players likes to gain the advantage through real world currency, we like to gain it through effort and skill. These items will defiantly sell though, but not through desire to progress in that fashion but a need to keep up with those few who would choose to take the easy road.

What I've said is alot of blabber about the type of people that may or may not play the game but for me its as simple as this, if buying stuff with real money helps me save in game money, it aids progression, so even in a system thats not pay to win, its certainly pay to progress a little faster.

Things like the sandglass or the fuel, pretty insignificant, but still going to save that 15g that can be used elsewhere now. Items like the blue regrade charm will real ruin the spirit of this game for me though.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the solution it. Its easy as hell for us to sit here and complain about the problems but offer no solutions. Sure in a dream world I'd love a cash shop that was purely cosmetic/convenience so long as i had a subscription, but honestly maybe trion don't believe that can pull in enough money to justify the task of localisation with cosmetic and convenience items alone.

Hope this didn't come across as a rant, i love this game, i think its got great potential, i just hope the best way to progress in this game is by playing it, not by sinking money from my 9-5 into it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast