+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Worth Transferring to Tahyang?

I dont think we have a large pirate population. We do have the Outplayed Player nation and then east and west faction though. There's a pretty good amount of open land available at least on the east side; i think the west is about the same with the amount of new land that opened up combined with the increased taxes.

If you want RolePlay, this is your server! If you want PvP, you'll be bored out of your gourd.
    Zadyria
    Acolytes of Shatigon - Leader
    Nuia - Tahyang

I don't think transferring over to Tahyang for any other reason than role-play is worth it. So if you want more immersion by having opportunities to role-play, transfer over. For anything else most other servers will be a better pick.

Oh and in regards to faction chat, leadership etc. etc.: I doubt there is a server where everyone likes everyone else. Tahyang is no exception. There are Ameno jerks, who should have been one of the guilds to lead the west against the highly overgeared east, but instead they were upset by a few and became green pirates (basically the old Synergy - there's always a jerk waiting to take up the space of another jerk, right?). Pirate faction consists of a few people only from what I gather. Outplayed player nation does their own thing - they don't really exist in the west/east nor do I miss them. The east is better geared and controls the Castles on Auroria from what I remember (or perhaps they passed it to the player nation - who knows).

So if you enjoy PvP, you'll have a hard time finding any worthwhile PvP on the west (I don't know about the other factions). If you enjoy PvE, it'll probably be similar to any other server. What really makes this server great for me is the role-play aspect. Besides: there are many friendly and helpful people around - you just have to dig through the crap you get served in faction chat first.
    Got a problem, reporting a bot, hacker or an exploit?
    Silence! Trion is busy nerfing cars!
    http://i.imgur.com/CXS77fp.gif

Quote Originally Posted by divStar View Post
    I don't think transferring over to Tahyang for any other reason than role-play is worth it. So if you want more immersion by having opportunities to role-play, transfer over. For anything else most other servers will be a better pick.

Oh and in regards to faction chat, leadership etc. etc.: I doubt there is a server where everyone likes everyone else. Tahyang is no exception. There are Ameno jerks, who should have been one of the guilds to lead the west against the highly overgeared east, but instead they were upset by a few and became green pirates (basically the old Synergy - there's always a jerk waiting to take up the space of another jerk, right?). Pirate faction consists of a few people only from what I gather. Outplayed player nation does their own thing - they don't really exist in the west/east nor do I miss them. The east is better geared and controls the Castles on Auroria from what I remember (or perhaps they passed it to the player nation - who knows).

So if you enjoy PvP, you'll have a hard time finding any worthwhile PvP on the west (I don't know about the other factions). If you enjoy PvE, it'll probably be similar to any other server. What really makes this server great for me is the role-play aspect. Besides: there are many friendly and helpful people around - you just have to dig through the crap you get served in faction chat first.

Outplayed PN owns all the castles. Ameno (west) might be jerks but at least they are doing stuff. Outplayed controls all content that can be controlled. As far as I can tell, every faction is doing their own thing, so not sure how East being geared plays into it. Good pvp is a rarity, though the last few days there seems to have been, but unless the transfers bring in pvp oriented guilds, I don't see the pvp situation improving much. Tahyang will be a good server for those who want to RP, every thing else hard to say at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsumae View Post
    Outplayed PN owns all the castles. Ameno (west) might be jerks but at least they are doing stuff. Outplayed controls all content that can be controlled. As far as I can tell, every faction is doing their own thing, so not sure how East being geared plays into it. Good pvp is a rarity, though the last few days there seems to have been, but unless the transfers bring in pvp oriented guilds, I don't see the pvp situation improving much. Tahyang will be a good server for those who want to RP, every thing else hard to say at this point.
    Right. I don't see how Ameno is any different from Outplayed except that the latter had the guts and became their own nation instead of being cheap-trick green pirates. Outplayed is controlling the content? Whose content? Theirs? I am not interested in PvP content. I never was. PvP was a necessary evil I partook in in order to get my own stuff done.

I am also not sure which factions you are talking about, but the west isn't really "doing its own thing", because of jerks, who - instead of supporting their faction - attack it. It's always easier to bully the weak than seek a real fight, right? That's what I see with Ameno and have seen with Synergy - they are basically the same.

The PvP situation will probably worsen with 3.5, because the whole game will become even more PvP-centered than it already is. Who cares. If I want real PvP, I go and play Rocket League or Counterstrike. If I want to get ganked without a real chance to defend myself, let alone win, I'll visit the pvp-zones in ArcheAge. Since I don't feel like being that masochistic most of the time, I just don't attend any events with PvP in it. PvE is enjoyable and there are a few events I do with the guild I am in - that's enough distraction for me. The rest is RP, farming/gathering/crafting. I am not spending time on something I don't stand a chance of winning and while I do agree that gear does not buy victory instantly, better gear certainly buys higher odds at winning a fight.
    Got a problem, reporting a bot, hacker or an exploit?
    Silence! Trion is busy nerfing cars!
    http://i.imgur.com/CXS77fp.gif

I have just started a character on Tahyang as the second character to my main who I am about to transfer there from Kraken. So far as a mature adult player I have found it to be a great server with fun people and very helpful so I will keep going ahead now with my plan to make Tahyang my new NA home. I have found plenty of land and public tradesmans house to do packs later on so its all looking good for me...

The non PvPing rpers are entitled to their opinion, however PvP on Tahyang can be found, its generally small scale and its enjoyable, our arenas are very competitive, the main problem is Player Nation so out gears East and West, major events arent contested. Come on over and fight outplayed, fight each other, and do so with some great RP backdrop.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    The non PvPing rpers are entitled to their opinion, however PvP on Tahyang can be found, its generally small scale and its enjoyable, our arenas are very competitive, the main problem is Player Nation so out gears East and West, major events arent contested. Come on over and fight outplayed, fight each other, and do so with some great RP backdrop.

^This. I always have some very fun skirmishes with everyone on the server and the best part.. I do take it all in RPly

[Tahyang]
    <Freehold of Arandor>
    Roleplay/PvX

Moderator @ archeageroleplay.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chasun View Post
    Do you mean Tahyang is dead? or Kyrios?
    Kyrios is the most populated server with a bunch of different guilds who all participate at their own level, we house some of the top guilds in NA Archeage, if you want action, Kyrios is where you will find it.
    Wearer of Metal
    WORLD CHAMPS
    "Disaster is Better than NaCl" - Aramos
    "Celia is the best player in Archeage history" - Celia
    "Plz don't kill me Celia" - Murdered innocent

Dude like.... sigh

I am also not sure which factions you are talking about, but the west isn't really "doing its own thing", because of jerks, who - instead of supporting their faction - attack it. It's always easier to bully the weak than seek a real fight, right? That's what I see with Ameno and have seen with Synergy - they are basically the same.
    If I want real PvP, I go and play Rocket League or Counterstrike. If I want to get ganked without a real chance to defend myself, let alone win, I'll visit the pvp-zones in ArcheAge. Since I don't feel like being that masochistic most of the time, I just don't attend any events with PvP in it. PvE is enjoyable and there are a few events I do with the guild I am in - that's enough distraction for me. The rest is RP, farming/gathering/crafting. I am not spending time on something I don't stand a chance of winning
    Okay... so you dont pvp for your faction, so you dont support your faction, you dont do anything that looking from the outside someone would say yeah he is working towards his faction becoming better. You farm gather craft and rp, you do that east west pn pirate it's all the same doesnt help one side or another it's just you playing the game in a neutral way.
    So if we attack you or others like you we are not attacking our faction, our "faction" is what fights the other factions you are just neutral, like an npc or something. But lets just pretend for a second that you are... what could we do to support you? Ride on your tradeship and kill all the reds who want your packs? and for that you would do what??? craft.. gather... farm... rp... So how does that help the faction? Doesnt, it helps you, does helping you help the faction? Nope just you. Does me killing you and taking your packs help the faction? Yes, yes it does cause I fight the other factions and try to get a little room and a little content for those that want to fight for it.

It's always easier to bully the weak than seek a real fight, right?
    We dont bully the weak we are doing what we do and the weak like yourself stand up from behind the trashcan you were hiding behind and shout "bullies" and blame us for everything thats wrong with you so you dont have to try or explain why the way you are to yourself. "It's Ameno's fault." Yup it's our fault people that never pvped before dont now you got us, it's our fault the majority of the players on the west rp and farm and gather and craft and go play .... rocket league.... to pvp.... If ya dont actively fight the other factions, if ya just farm and dance and sing and dont actually do anything that would define you as part of our faction... then ya aint in our faction. You are a farmer, and you shouldnt care what others do off your farm, I dont care what ya do on your farm.

If the west was 100% farmers what would it be? How could ameno hurt it? So since Ameno can hurt the west it must not be 100% farmers? So what is the west I wonder? The west is the people that fight the other factions and we welcome all that wish to do so, but we offer no free rides.

You are a fool in your thoughts, but just keep on ♥♥♥♥♥ing from your farm while you do nothing for anyone but yourself, Ameno will keep killing thus helping the faction and playing the way they enjoy.
    Selex Devil of the West
    Takes More Then You

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast