+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How to fix Fema.

How to fix Fema.

Hi, i'm that guy who says things.

Today i am going to tell you how to save ourselves from this terrible mess you've gotten yourselves into, you can either accept or reject this advice, it is your choice.

Overview: Fema was a Nation which was created with the sole intention on contesting and eventually beating Disaster, unfortunately, many of the guilds who had originally joined have divergent objectives here which are conflicting with the overall endgame goal, let us analyze them.

Gank Bus: Gank Bus is the guild who are in control in the Nation as well as the ones who put the most effort into creating it, Gank Bus want to retain control of their server and they know the only way for them to do this is to get rid of Disaster, GB doesn't want to leave Kyrios, they have been here and been a major factor the entire time, GB has the most pure of intentions here, they want to fight but they knew they couldn't do it alone and thus, they have invited a multitude of other guilds to their nation to assist them in their efforts.

Not Today: Not Today is the guild who probably works closest with GB at this point, GB decided to voluntarily give up Heedmar for free in order to defend Not Today's original castle in Exeloch, these players are similar to GB in that they have been on Kyrios for a while and know they need to work together if they want to survive against Disaster.

So far we have 2 guilds with pure intentions for defending their home server against a vile invader, but what are the intentions of the other guilds which have been invited?

Pantsu (And Awakening): I originally believe that Pantsu and Awakening had separate goals going into this, for Pantsu, everyone knew their self life was limited because they were all in on for Fresh Start, Awakening however split off from Pantsu on Morpheus because they wanted to keep their gear and not let it go by going to Fresh Start, evidently this has changed and now both guilds have seemingly disappeared completely, yet still remain in Fema. I heard a rumor that Pope is co-leading a guild with Unji on Reckoning which would mean it is Pope, Unji, Shawnzy and Yelotree and everyone from their original guilds on a west guild (or alliance) on Fresh Start against Loki's terrifying 3 guild zerg of pugs, their plans on FS are not pertinent to Legacy servers however and currently they are simply taking up space.

NaCl and Barcode: Ntax and his crew are back on Kyrios and got into the Nation somehow, i guess they were able to somehow convince Alpaca that it was a good idea to invite them into the Nation when looking back it clearly wasn't because Ntax seems to believe that helping GB and Not Today is a waste of his time. There seems to be a big disconnect here, i know that someone in GB said that every guild in FEMA could operate separately for one another when it came to sieges and NaCl and Barcode would be allowed to bid and siege separately from the rest of the Nation but as it currently stands, this strategy is only hurting FEMA in the long run. Firstly, the Sovereign has final say on the direction of the entirety of th Nation, if he is allowing NaCl and Barcode to run separate raids then he is doing it wrong. NaCl and Barcode are using the Nation so that they can get rid of the penalties of being pirates, if they won't help GB and Not Today in a siege then they are simply parasites.

TT6: Who even knows why this guild exists within the Nation, perhaps they want their own castle, who cares, the more guilds in a Nation the worse communication is and the harder it is to move your guild around with flares.

Solution:

Here is where things become tricky, because FEMA has appeared to have willingly stepped into quicksand, putting their Nation at risk.

Fema is currently at a 100 man Nation cap and they have no flexibility because they can't invite anyone because they are at about 180 in the Nation right now, even if server transfers opened and people wanted to come in and join them, they would be unable to do so because of this cap.

My suggestion is two-fold.

1. Get rid of the dead weight: Remove all of the people in guilds who aren't logging into the game because they are too busy on Fresh Start, Fresh Start people aren't going to help you fight, they aren't going to siege with you, they are just going to be taking up a spot where a real player could be occupying instead. I don't know how you accomplish this unless you get the guild leaders from these guilds to kick their members so they can be removed by the sovereign or you get a GM to help you do it. a real player with 4k GS who will log in every day is better than a 7k player who doesn't log in at all because he is on FS instead.

2. Get all the top 100 players left into the same guild: Get rid of this divisive attitude where it is ok to have 7 different guilds in a Nation, it isn't ok, it isn't helping anyone, strategically GB and Not Today shouldn't have defending at all, they should have let their 3 castles fall and helped Barcode and NaCl get their castles, the fact that you are splitting your forces to attack separate objectives is ♥♥♥♥ing you over, especially since you are under the gun of the same Nation cap.

3. Siege objectives you know you can take: Nobody bid on the Peacekeepers scroll, you could have had it for 1k gold and sieged it with 90+ people if they are in the same raid, you could have taken 2 castles and be in position to take 3 in the next siege cycle. You guys are shooting yourselves in the foot far worse than Disaster or Trion possibly could with your poor management decisions.

4. Recruit active, hungry players across all of the legacy servers: Being in a Nation against one of the most tenacious guilds in Archeage on the highest population server is a great opportunity, you don't even necessarily need the highest gearscore players either, a 4k-5k person who logs in every day who wants to participate in everything is a far greater asset than a lazy 7k player who splits time between FS and logging on to pay their taxes on Kyrios.

There are plenty of people in Disaster who want to see GB die, but i'm not as shortsighted as that. We're all here playing a game because we want to have fun, there have been guilds in the past who i simply wanted to destroy, who had to be wiped from the face of the game. GB isn't one of those guilds, GB is a guild who wants to fight, who is doing everything in their power to survive, you are working with alot more assets than Disaster had when we first started fighting Forestcrow so where you go from here is really all on you.

The great thing about Archeage is that it is not only a PVP game in the combat sense, but it has economic, strategic and psychological PVP as well, any one of them capable of winning a war for you. Can you guess which one we are using against you most prominently now?
    Wearer of Metal
    WORLD CHAMPS
    "Disaster is Better than NaCl" - Aramos
    "Celia is the best player in Archeage history" - Celia
    "Plz don't kill me Celia" - Murdered innocent

Quote Originally Posted by Rururu View Post

Today i am going to tell you how to save ourselves from this terrible mess you've gotten yourselves into, you can either accept or reject this advice, it is your choice.

Overview: Fema was a Nation which was created with the sole intention on contesting and eventually beating Disaster, unfortunately, many of the guilds who had originally joined have divergent objectives here which are conflicting with the overall endgame goal, let us analyze them.

Gank Bus: Gank Bus is the guild who are in control in the Nation as well as the ones who put the most effort into creating it, Gank Bus want to retain control of their server and they know the only way for them to do this is to get rid of Disaster, GB doesn't want to leave Kyrios, they have been here and been a major factor the entire time, GB has the most pure of intentions here, they want to fight but they knew they couldn't do it alone and thus, they have invited a multitude of other guilds to their nation to assist them in their efforts.

Not Today: Not Today is the guild who probably works closest with GB at this point, GB decided to voluntarily give up Heedmar for free in order to defend Not Today's original castle in Exeloch, these players are similar to GB in that they have been on Kyrios for a while and know they need to work together if they want to survive against Disaster.

So far we have 2 guilds with pure intentions for defending their home server against a vile invader, but what are the intentions of the other guilds which have been invited?

Pantsu (And Awakening): I originally believe that Pantsu and Awakening had separate goals going into this, for Pantsu, everyone knew their self life was limited because they were all in on for Fresh Start, Awakening however split off from Pantsu on Morpheus because they wanted to keep their gear and not let it go by going to Fresh Start, evidently this has changed and now both guilds have seemingly disappeared completely, yet still remain in Fema. I heard a rumor that Pope is co-leading a guild with Unji on Reckoning which would mean it is Pope, Unji, Shawnzy and Yelotree and everyone from their original guilds on a west guild (or alliance) on Fresh Start against Loki's terrifying 3 guild zerg of pugs, their plans on FS are not pertinent to Legacy servers however and currently they are simply taking up space.

NaCl and Barcode: Ntax and his crew are back on Kyrios and got into the Nation somehow, i guess they were able to somehow convince Alpaca that it was a good idea to invite them into the Nation when looking back it clearly wasn't because Ntax seems to believe that helping GB and Not Today is a waste of his time. There seems to be a big disconnect here, i know that someone in GB said that every guild in FEMA could operate separately for one another when it came to sieges and NaCl and Barcode would be allowed to bid and siege separately from the rest of the Nation but as it currently stands, this strategy is only hurting FEMA in the long run. Firstly, the Sovereign has final say on the direction of the entirety of th Nation, if he is allowing NaCl and Barcode to run separate raids then he is doing it wrong. NaCl and Barcode are using the Nation so that they can get rid of the penalties of being pirates, if they won't help GB and Not Today in a siege then they are simply parasites.

TT6: Who even knows why this guild exists within the Nation, perhaps they want their own castle, who cares, the more guilds in a Nation the worse communication is and the harder it is to move your guild around with flares.

Solution:

Here is where things become tricky, because FEMA has appeared to have willingly stepped into quicksand, putting their Nation at risk.

Fema is currently at a 100 man Nation cap and they have no flexibility because they can't invite anyone because they are at about 180 in the Nation right now, even if server transfers opened and people wanted to come in and join them, they would be unable to do so because of this cap.

1. Get rid of the dead weight: Remove all of the people in guilds who aren't logging into the game because they are too busy on Fresh Start, Fresh Start people aren't going to help you fight, they aren't going to siege with you, they are just going to be taking up a spot where a real player could be occupying instead. I don't know how you accomplish this unless you get the guild leaders from these guilds to kick their members so they can be removed by the sovereign or you get a GM to help you do it. a real player with 4k GS who will log in every day is better than a 7k player who doesn't log in at all because he is on FS instead.

2. Get all the top 100 players left into the same guild: Get rid of this divisive attitude where it is ok to have 7 different guilds in a Nation, it isn't ok, it isn't helping anyone, strategically GB and Not Today shouldn't have defending at all, they should have let their 3 castles fall and helped Barcode and NaCl get their castles, the fact that you are splitting your forces to attack separate objectives is ♥♥♥♥ing you over, especially since you are under the gun of the same Nation cap.

3. Siege objectives you know you can take: Nobody bid on the Peacekeepers scroll, you could have had it for 1k gold and sieged it with 90+ people if they are in the same raid, you could have taken 2 castles and be in position to take 3 in the next siege cycle. You guys are shooting yourselves in the foot far worse than Disaster or Trion possibly could with your poor management decisions.

4. Recruit active, hungry players across all of the legacy servers: Being in a Nation against one of the most tenacious guilds in Archeage on the highest population server is a great opportunity, you don't even necessarily need the highest gearscore players either, a 4k-5k person who logs in every day who wants to participate in everything is a far greater asset than a lazy 7k player who splits time between FS and logging on to pay their taxes on Kyrios.

There are plenty of people in Disaster who want to see GB die, but i'm not as shortsighted as that. We're all here playing a game because we want to have fun, there have been guilds in the past who i simply wanted to destroy, who had to be wiped from the face of the game. GB isn't one of those guilds, GB is a guild who wants to fight, who is doing everything in their power to survive, you are working with alot more assets than Disaster had when we first started fighting Forestcrow so where you go from here is really all on you.

The great thing about Archeage is that it is not only a PVP game in the combat sense, but it has economic, strategic and psychological PVP as well, any one of them capable of winning a war for you. Can you guess which one we are using against you most prominently now?
    Another solution in hand.

Send all your gear and gold to Disasterdisbandedpantsu
    I'll take down the mighty DISASTER
    L̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶
    H̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶C̶h̶a̶o̶s̶
    ̶M̶a̶n̶ ̶U̶p̶
    ̶N̶o̶ ̶M̶a̶d̶
    ̶W̶T̶F̶
    ̶i̶W̶T̶F̶
    ̶M̶a̶n̶ ̶U̶p̶
    DISASTER

Titan that is good

You have alot of truth within your post Celia except if it wasn't for barcode showing up daily to alot of the fights you would have no one to fight agains't, NaCl doesn't even count as a guild since they are a group of 4-5 ppl?

GB Put all the effort into creating the nation but GB's leadership is showing almost no interest at all on this war and barely shows interest about sieges.

Even though Barcode is the main factor on this nation atm in the end the final decision has to come from Alpaca who holds the Nation lead and cleary Alpaca isn't a clever leader.

You can say that every guild inside of the nation atm have more concern puts more effort and resources towards the PVP except for pantsu/awakening than GB in terms of worrying about the future of the nation, worrying and investing resources/efforts can only get you so far when the sovereign of FEMA has alot of control yet very low activity/transparency or even a game plan.

In the end even if barcode takes over the most active players who want to pvp and be active, having a great will to fight regardless of the results, we will always be limited unless Alpaca give more control to the guild who is actually carrying thie nation at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rururu View Post

Solution:

Constructive criticism is good, agree with a lot of what you said.

Now...I don't know how to say this nicely but nobody really leads GB, therefore nobody really leads FEMA, it was all pretty much a hail mary on a whim prayer of a throw from a quarterback with ismirim, specialk/coreOldGB that peaced out to FS anyway from what ive heard?/etc all trying to control the quarterbacks arm. The QB is just a puppet, a nice soft-spoken one, but only a puppet. There is no well thought out game plan, there is no critical thinking, there is no real game plan. There is no leadership for FEMA just like there was very little for GB.

It seems like there has been lots of string pulling in the background but no real leader to be a strong voice and see anything through given the potential(bodies/gear/numbers/experience) that was available to them. It's just a nation full of stray cats.

Behind Trion Studios.. Inside the recycling bin.. They don't recycle :(
    Quote Originally Posted by playa View Post
    all trying to control the quarterbacks arm. The QB is just a puppet, a nice soft-spoken one, but only a puppet.
    This

Hii playa

FEMA should've invited Loki into the nation
    I'm banned

Quote Originally Posted by thinhn View Post
    FEMA should've invited Loki into the nation
    I completely disagree, the smartest decision Alpaca has made to date was not inviting Loki to his Nation. Lets face it, Loki is a zerg overlord, his raids aren't particularly complex or skilled, hes only ever had success running people over with massive numbers like NaCl but far worse. Worse than Krogger, worse than Yelo, worse than anyone else, Loki pretends to be a smart, seasoned raid leader but all hes ever done is avoid competition, run away from existing competition or zerg. Loki has never put himself in a position to fight with his guild alone, hes always gotta have twice his opposition's number behind him before he even shows up. Loki is a poser and would have been far worse than any other potential corrupting element in FEMA.

Loki would have quit faster than Romeos did if he was left alone with us, he would have been out of here faster than Feedz, Loki plays only to project an illusion of strength, but he will be on the run from any form of legitimate competition for the rest of his Archage career.
    Celia, Nation Hero
    < DISASTER >
    "You can lead a Abolisher to water but he can't kill anyone." - Famous Quote
    'The Mouth of Sauron'
    WORLD CHAMPS

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgame View Post
    Loki plays only to project an illusion of strength, but he will be on the run from any form of legitimate competition for the rest of his Archage career.
    lul as if all you disaster kids aren't obsessed with having some sort of power in a game and absolutely play for something other than displaying said power
    ur hilarious hehe
    also why is it that every time I read your forum posts I feel like throwing up the lovely gyros I ate 30 minutes prior???
    retired?

aa forums better than the game

Mistake made by FEMA, they said they were made only to fight DISASTER. But, they also attack east/west events, this pissed most of east/west people. They made themselves the villain and no one is rooting anymore for them now. If only FEMA did not ♥♥♥♥ with west/east people, they might have seen people wanting to help or join them. FEMA you became too cocky thus the result of your downfall or pending collapse.

healer lfg
    Fatality
    retired newsman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast