+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Ins and Outs of Guild Creation

[GUIDE] Ins and Outs of Guild Creation

Preface
    Hello! I’m Alakuu. I’ve been looking for some way to add towards the community of Archeage in a meaningful way. Yes, I’d love an Alpha key; but, in reality, I plan to play in long haul on Archeage and truly hope my insights and information contained in this guide will help enrich the player base of Archeage for the many years to come!

Sadly without game access the topics I can cover are rather limited. Personally I’m more of the theory / build guide theory crafter. But in the mean time I figure I can be helpful filling guide spots I don’t see.

If there is anything you think I could help write a guide on let me know.

I will be updating this as much as I can. Please feel free to help me add and smooth out any rough corners.

Quick guild creation

Step 1.
    Get a full party of players. *Be party leader* Members MUST be level 5 or higher.

Step 2.
    Find the Expedition NPC in a town.
    (Look for this icon on the map!)

Step 3.
    Pay the 1gold fee.
    Useful ingame chat commands
    /Ex “text here” ; talk in expedition chat (guild chat)
    /Expedition invited “name here” Guild invite *Possibly incorrect*
    /expedition withdrawal “name here” Guild removal *Possibly incorrect*

***Note***
    I've dug up all the information I currently can find. But most of this is from the Korean version of the game. I'm hopefully going to get ahold of an Archeage streamer and see if they can't put together a video to include in this guide.
    Or do the research myself when founder packs come out.

Types of Marking

Text in Blue are personal suggestions.
    Text in Red are player suggestions and additions / corrections.

Table of Contents
    • 1. What is a guild?
    • Types of guilds
    • Guild structure
    • 2. Getting Started
    • Steps of creation
    • Stagnation and Life Cycle
    • 3. Advertising
    • funding
    • 4. Websites (WIP)
    • VOIP (WIP)
    • 5. Personal tips
    • About the author
    • Ending Comment
    • 6. Player Comments
    • Highlights

What is a guild?

While I’m sure many players joining in on Archeage Alpha, beta, launch, and future, are repeat MMO players, and there are bound to be many new and excited members just joining the ranks of MMO games.
    Because of this I’d like to give a basic run down of just what a guild is, and hopefully some useful terminology to shine some light on just what these things are.

***Guilds in Archeage are known as Expeditions***

• Guild, also known as: Expeditions, Clan, Society, Organization, Corporation, or League. In MMO terms it’s basically an in-game or out of game structure created by players to help coordinate and foster a standard of player, and improve their overall experience in-game and outside of it.
    • VOIP, also referred as: Ventrilo, Teamspeak 3, Raidcall, Mumble, Skype. These are all third party programs that allow voice communication of players in “rooms” so that people can easily congregate together and talk to each other; no matter where they are located in-game.
    Those are the basics that I believe any starting player should be aware of. Further on I’ll be breaking down the actual structure, and types of guilds.

Types of guild
    So like anything created by people we tend to have different ways, and methods behind the basic idea; because of this there are different types of guilds.

Single Game Guild

Your standard run of the mill guild, you’ll find them everywhere, and they’re comprised of just about any kind of person.
    These guilds don’t hold community outside of a single game, in an official sense.

Pros: Easy to manage. Can be any size. Less drama generally (due to smaller player pool.)
    Cons: Players tend to recycle these guilds often. Less committed players usually.

Multi Game Guild

These communities are generally larger, less common, and have been around for a longer period of time. You’ll find them more structured, and have a wide variety of player personality. They most always have some kind of outside public location. (Generally a website or VOIP service.)

Pros: You’re likely to find players that you’ll stick with longer in these communities. Better organized, along with the likely hood of player run events. The idea of having a standard group of people to play with can be appealing.

Cons: Hard to run, people can lose interest and drift. The effort required to keep players active takes committed members willing to spend time and MONEY to maintain. Likely to run into drama player personalities.

Guild Flavor

What kind of guild do you actually want to make? This is a very important step because it will give your guild identity, and purpose. Now there are an infinite amount of guild flavors but here is a general list of standard flavors I could think of.
    Hardcore: A community where members strive to be the BEST of the best. Members of this community are highly competitive and are always working to strive to be at the top of whatever goals they are seeking.
    Generally a strict rule set for this kind of community is advised. Members aren’t going to want to be concerned about the general day by day working of a guild. Player base will be highly active, so your leadership will have to be as well.
    Leveling: A community created around working together to reach max level. These guilds are around to help group like leveled members together to accomplish goals that generally would have taken more work.
    These communities are generally lax on rules. People are here for the social experience and to help themselves move along to different types of “end game.”
    Casual: A loose goal orientated community. Members aren’t trying to accomplish main goals in a break neck pace. But are more concerned about just having a “good fun time” while playing.
    Rules are generally pretty lax, though some Casual communities like to restrict by age groups, so please bear that in mind.
    PvP: A flavor that is normally tacked on to either Casual or Hardcore. The PvP stands for Player vs Player. This type of community is focused around fighting other players. They can be casual about their attempts or hardcore about them.
    Any rule set works for this, it more depends on the causal or hardcore part of the flavor.
    PvE: Much like PvP. Player vs Environment communities are looking to focus on the nonfighting enemy players aspects of the game. Exploration? Dungeons? Raids? Trading? Crafting? Are all types of focuses for a PvE community?
    Role Playing: This community if filled with players that are looking to Role Play the fantasy and character they’re currently playing. (Think of a play, or speaking in character.)
    These communities require major dedication from its members. And people that are willing to try to setup events and keep the community highly active.

Guild Structure

So we’ve got the basics down. Guilds can be big or small. But how do they work? How are they run? Who decides what? I’ll try and lay the basic groundwork for those questions. But there is such a huge variety out there that I’m sure I’ll miss quite a bit of stuff in this section.

Organizational structure

When you think about people grouping together on large scales we think about governments. Great thing though is that those structure types don’t require millions of people. You can pick and choose from any kind of system you would like and build the groundwork for your community!

Here is a basic list of government types that work well in a guild setting and a general run down on how they function:
    Republic: Community build around the concept that community member input is highly important.
    The community decides the direction and the guild is there to help further the ideals and views of the community as a whole.
    Republic guilds can have two different subsets.
    1. Full people control. Issues are voted on by the people, and created by the people. (Very hard to manage in large groups. Requires a very active player base, and can lead to situations where lack of player response can kill the system.)
    2. Elected control. Much like a senate. Members would be elected and those “elected” representatives would make the major decisions on the wellbeing and behalf of the community.
    They are normally held to specific rule sets that are decided by the community as a whole prior to the election process. This ensures that if representatives are working against the views of the majority then there is a proper procedure to deal with such situations.

Monarchy: Though there are other terms to define this kind of structure this I believe is the best term. A monarchy consists of either one, or more than one lead individuals that make the decisions for the whole community.
    This kind of community is where the ideals and direction of the community follow those in power.
    Monarchy can be run in two basic ways.
    1. Absolute Power. Those in charge are the “be all end all” deciders of decisions and disputes that may arise in the community.
    2. Constitutional Monarchy. This kind of system is where the people in power are held to a laid out set of rules. These rules are decided in any manner the community chooses at creation. And are there generally to help keep the leaders in an understandable point of view to members. Kind of a contract between the Leader(s) and members of the community.
    Things to note. While there are only two listed types, there are many different combinations that arise from these kinds of systems. This only really covers how decisions are decided. There can be communities that also include how wealth and items are distributed between the members.

Getting Started!

So if you are a budding guild leader, or a member of a small party of friends looking to make things official I’m sure that big mess of text above is probably a bit intimidating.

Trust me. It shouldn’t be. These concepts will come to you easy when you get started trying to figure out what you and your community wants to do.

As to that I can offer a few questions and tips for you and your community to run through their heads and decide what to do.
    1. What is our main goal?
    2. WHAT IS THE NAME!!!
    3. What kind of standards do we want to hold ourselves to and future members?
    4. How do we want to resolve disputes?
    5. Do we kick people out? How? Why?
    6. How do we want to decide decisions?
    7. What roles do you want our leader(s) to have?
    If you yourself are thinking about being a lead member in your soon to be created community, then I have a few questions for you to answer to yourself.
    1. Are you willing to be online OFTEN, at least once every other day?
    2. Are you willing to take initiative? Help create events? Help group people together? Take charge?
    3. Can you see both sides of an argument?
    4. Can you be neutral?
    5. Are you thick skinned? You’ll have to roll with some punches. You don’t want to be a quick temper.
    6. Are you going to be able to manage recruiting? Applications? Forum posts?
    7. Who will manage your website if you have one?
    8. Can you remove people?
    9. Can you answer member questions even if you are tired, and agitated?
    10. Will you always be honest, and try to do the right thing?
    11. Why do you want to hold a place of power?
    That’s a huge list of responsibly I know. More than any one person should have. Which is why guild structure is important.

Even if you’re looking to be the main leader of a community, where you decide all the shots. It’s best to build a support network around you.

This support network is generally people you trust to do the work well, and represent what you feel your community’s ideals are. Refer to these people as officers, or whatever title you choose. But make your decisions wisely!

Okay so you’ve got your basic structure. You and your friends have decided the goal of your community, and how you want to embark on that path.
    Now what? Start with these steps.

Step 1.
    Structure and CREATE!

Now is the time to take all the thought up ideas with your friends, and put it on paper! Or in this case the internet.

Write out your “draft charter.”
    • Goals
    • Ideals
    • Name
    • Rules (be brief but if you have representatives write up how to remove them and how they should behave)
    • Flavor of community
    • List founding members. (It’s a nice thank you to those that put forth the effort.)
    Run these concepts, and ideas between each other! Teamwork is great for getting people involved, and a different perspective can be incredibly helpful.

Guild Creation

Archeage guild creation is rather easy. Simply have 5 friends that are willing to help. Create a party with them. *You must be the party leader* *they must be level 5 or higher.*

Go to the Expedition NPC. This NPC can be found on the map, they are noted by icon on the map

When you are at the NPC talk to them. They will guide you through the process.

The guild creation fee is 1gold ON ALPHA
    Name notes. I believe that Capital letters, and spaces are not allowed in the Expedition name.

**If you’re setting up a VOIP service, or a Website, see my other sections on these topics.

Step 2.
    Recruitment

Recruiting is a hard process. But hopefully I can help you guys on your way to being successful and productive.

Types of recruitment:
    • Website
    Most gaming companies, including Trion’s Archeage website have forums sections setup for recruitment of guilds. In this section you’ll want to make ONE recruitment thread. The first post you’ll want to create an advertisement. Include all important information about what your community is, and what it represents. Also include contact information so applicants know where to go. (I’ll have a special section on advertisement to help better define this concept later on.)
    • Word of Mouth
    You’d be impressed how much this can help. Have your members try and spread the word about your community. Don’t lie about what your guild represents but don’t forget this type of recruitment, or think it’s any less powerful.

Types of recruits:

There are many types of players you’ll run across looking for members. You should try and figure out what kind of person you’re looking to build this community with. Everyone has their quarks, and ticks, but you do want to at least try and make a community where the people in it will likely get along, and actually enjoy each other’s company.

Be warned, just because someone says they behave one way, doesn’t mean they will. People can and will lie, bully, cheat, and be disrespectful. Sifting through the overall player base to find those that mesh with your community is one of the hardest parts about recruitment. But one that SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED. Take this part seriously, otherwise you can end up with a bomb full of drama in the future that you and your community won’t like dealing with.

Screening / application process:

I would suggest you and the people that helped from the start of the guild sit down and try and come up with a brief but helpful application.

A few questions you should decide on are:
    • Age restrictions?
    • Maturity?
    • What kind of player are you?
    • How do you handle xxx situation (with this question try and come up with ways of isolating trouble personalities.)
    While some communities try and recruit in age brackets, I personally don’t feel it’s needed. As long as you have a reasonably lengthy recruitment process, and take personal time to get to know your recruits than you can be a reasonable judge of character.

Making sure that your recruits read and UNDERSTAND the guild goals, ideals, and rules is highly important. If you don’t take the time to do this you can end up with people causing problems and claiming they didn’t know. It is better that they know what they’re signing up for, and that you know they were aware prior to any problems.

Code of Conduct when recruiting:

Don’t be pushy. Don’t demand an answer. Try and be pleasant, and respectful. But don’t get stepped on. On the Forums don’t shamelessly advertise on other topics. If it’s in your forum sig that’s fine. But going into different topics and advertising about you community isn’t fair to the Original poster let alone anyone else posting on the topic.

Also NEVER EVER EVER start a fight, or get baited into a fight. There are tons of forum trolls around on the deep dark internet. If someone comes onto your recruitment post and starts posting hateful, or rude comments. Flag the post. And don’t respond.

Remember if you give time and effort to false and fake statements, all you do is bring them back up.
    Put your business face on here basically.

Finally never get discouraged. You are your worst enemy. Be positive!

Step 3.
    Define

At this point you’ve hopefully increased your community member numbers by a reasonable amount; you’ll want to start trying to help sharpen what exactly your guild is, what it wants to accomplish, and how it wants to go about doing that.
    A few ways to accomplish this are.
    1. Hold a “townhall meeting” Use this meeting to discuss either what your plans are for the future, or try and feel out what the community itself is interested in doing!
    I do this every few weeks for my community. We discuss what is going on. What we’d like to see changed, suggestions for events, and anything else people would like to bring up.
    2. Votes. If you’ve got a situation where you’re not exactly sure about which way to go about things. There are poll websites around, or you can set it up on your forums.
    Also another part of defining your community more would be setting up more proper rules. Expanding features (VOIP, forums, streams, youtube.)

Step 4.
    Expand

Growth, and change due to growth of a community are things you should prepare for. The more people you have in your community lead to different situations. I will try and cover a few situations that you should consider. As well as suggestions on how to stop a community from stagnating and keep people active!

Planned growth

There should be mile stones you should setup. Try and plan in the future. That way you can properly react, and help keep people active in the development of the community.
    Questions you should ask yourself:
    • When do we start a website?
    • Expanding/obtaining VOIP / slots (if it’s paid for.)
    • More people in power? (Increases in Moderators, or officers can be a thing to look forward to, as well as get some members involved, and help lessen the burden of managing the community.)
    • Guild funding? (I’ll expand on this in Advertising but this is a serious thing any guild leader / guild management should consider.)
    • Special events? (Try celebrating your community. If you’ve got something cheap and free to give away, you’d be surprised how many people you can get seriously interested about the future and past of your community!)
    These topics are good to discuss with your main community members.
    Also don’t be afraid to revise these. But at least having some kind of future out looks is better than not.

Stagnation (life cycle)

This will be brief, mostly because I sadly don’t have many solutions to it. Simply put communities always get old after time. You will always be trading out some members for new members. People leave, move on, and find different games, and many other things happen. Because of this you can have times where your population drops. I’ve seen friend communities die off because of this.
    The best suggestion to counter stagnation I can give, is to simply effort. Try and always be involved, and get people involved. Here is a list of activities I’ve done with members of my own community to help combat stagnation and just have a fun night.
    • Horror streaming nights. (We’d have a “jumpy” member stream games like amnesia dark decent, and other great horror games.)
    • Random FTP weekends. Find a game on steam, or FTP anything, and get everyone on it. Sure it might not be a game you ever pick up again (let everyone know that) but if everyone has some laughs; make sure not to take the game seriously, you’ll find that it will be a blast!
    • Tournaments! While they shouldn’t ever be super serious (you don’t want to offend / fragment your community) a friendly fun competitive weekend or guild wide tournament can be a blast!
    • Prizes and giveaways! If you add prizes and giveaways to any of these other events it only makes people more involved!!!
    Overall just try and have fun with your community. Never get upset about how it’s changing. Be realistic about it, but if your positive about things, and people see that, they’re likely to be positive as well!

Advertising and funding!
    Guild advertising.

I’m referring to advertising about your guild. I’ll try and outline the best way to make forum posts here. And help define good ways of promoting your community.
    Artwork!
    Many notable guilds around the internet have logos, and other types of graphical promotional work. While none of that is required. If you know someone in your community willing to try and put some effort into making something, talk to them! It can’t hurt.

Logo
    A logo should be recognizable. You want something that someone will go OH THAT’S so and so without getting it confused with other guild logos. “Simple but to the point is best”

If you are looking for inspiration I’d advise Google image search, or places with strong communities. (DON’T COPY others, but some reference material is very helpful.)

Take for example RSI ORG examples
    some of these “ORGS” are great references for material period in your guild creation.

Promotional posters

I like to reference Goonswarm for this kind of concept. They do it by far the best. And refer to this kind of artwork with the best word “propaganda posters”

The promotional pieces should be catchy. If you’ve got some kind of memorable event where something major happened try and reference that. Big catchy words. Short phrases, and strong artwork can help you stand out from the crowd.

Take a look at this link to see some of the great posters Goonswarm has come up with. (Caution some images may not be safe for work completely.) Goonswarm Propaganda

Forum posting

Guild recruitment posts can be a tricky thing. If you are just starting out they can feel like they’ll make or break you.

So never just rush right into getting one up. Take your time, and work with your guild members. Brainstorm and put as much effort as you can into the creation of your first official recruitment post.

There are two main ways I advise going about this process.
    1. Graphics. If AND I MEAN IF. You have someone capable of doing quality artwork, and is willing to do that artwork. Make a Guild promotional Poster. Seeing as it will be your first one try to just making it catchy. Use strong bold single words. Advertise your ideals here! Something like “Honor Resides Here!” Or “Our way or the graveyard!” Be creative. Don’t be embarrassed, people will be pricks. Ignore them, stand behind your work, and the quality players will realize you are a real honest group!
    2. Written post. Take your time here. Don’t to massive solid blocks of text. You want to break things up. Make it outlined and try to appear organized. Do your best to make it clear to everyone what your guild stands for! And show PRIDE!
    Very important information to include.
    Post any important links for websites or VOIP services (caution on the VOIP link you many want to just link contact information on how to obtain the VOIP information. Also put this at the end of the post in a separate section.)
    Outline your mission statement. What you guys are, (guild type and flavor.) Include your ideals, and any specific recruitment requirements. List methods of application, or who to contact for more information.
    If you have a guild officer list (duties etc.) I’d suggest posting that there as well.

How to handle the post after it’s up.

Most gaming websites allow the “bumping” of the topic. When doing this, I advise if there are any updates to edit the main post, at the bottom leave a quick recap of anything that has changed with your guild. Then make a new post stating BUMP, and informing readers that there is new information on the main post.

When replying to new questions. Be brief, and try to get a better line of connection with the possible applicant, invite them on your VOIP service, remember to be respectable during these conversations, but don’t be afraid to ask questions as well!

IF you get troll posts on your recruitment post, I’d advise unless the post is a major eye sour (aka breaking forum rules) ignoring it. If the post does break forum rules / is a major eye sour, report the post. It may take a few days but a moderator will get to the post and decide what to do with it. If you reference that the post if being off topic and offensive to the thread the likelihood is that the moderator will remove the post and you’ll have a cleaner recruitment thread.

Rebirth of the Recruitment Thread. After quite a few pages, you’ll find that the thread is getting to be overly full. Some gaming websites allow the reporting of the post by the original poster to be “put to death” removing the post from the main guild recruitment forum, and putting it in a graveyard. You can do this to help keep your guild recruitment post looking nice and clean. I wouldn’t advise doing this often; there is benefit to having visible responses from other forum members on a forum recruitment post.

FUNDING!!!

You are not alone, the burden of websites, and VOIP isn’t yours to lift alone. Depending on your VOIP service, donations can be made. I’ve also seen paypal accounts setup for guilds. Try and make rules. And make sure the person with access to these funds / website / VOIP are VERY TRUST WORTHY. But don’t be afraid to ask for help. Phoenix has raised VOIP for 2 years now, all from our donation page. All done by MEMBERS of our community. We give out special donator channels and a Donator Icon on the TeamSpeak. But otherwise they do this out of the kindness of their heart. I’m sure you’ll find members willing to do the same.

If you are about to hit a deadline payment, don’t be afraid to inform the community as well. Some people ignore donating till things are at risk. Because of this you might think you don’t have the available funds, but do. You just haven’t asked.

Some guilds like to put adds on their actual privately own websites. While personally I don’t find this to be a productive measure it’s something you should probably talk about between your members. While there isn’t many visitors to your forums likely, you can still generate some revenue from this option.

Website and VOIP

Websites

If you are just starting out, and don’t have members of your community that are website building hobby warriors (or better), then I suggest using one of the many services out on the web that offer prebuild guild sites, many of these are editable to an extent. They include forums, calendars and many other tools that can help you with managing your community.

List of websites that offer guild building tools. Not in any particular order.
    Enjin
    Guild Launch
    Shivtr
    Guild Portal
    iClan Websites
    Pros: Easy to setup. Looks reasonable for the amount of effort (and knowledge) required to setup. Stable websites. Many different tools that can be hard otherwise to get on a self-built website.

Cons: Ads! Sometimes a fee to use. Very generic. The URL will most always not be exactly what you want. Some view these as less professional guilds which can be a hard factor to combat.

When setting up a main page for your community, please try and include anything you would have on a guild recruitment post. You won’t need to include the guild webpage, but having a link to VOIP is highly recommended.

Also remember any custom work you put into this shows viewers that you are at least trying to be “unique.”

Many guilds like to include photo galleries of guild accomplishments. I would recommend something along these lines in a news section. (Just make sure you don’t hide the important information to any new applicants with this news section.)

Self-built websites!

So you want to do it yourself! But don’t know where to start? Well assuming you have some understanding of how to create a website, I will try and cover the basics of what is needed for a guild website that maybe different from the normal Dreamweaver coder.

Firstly you need a Domain name and a host server provider!

Providers can be very cheap. I’ve seen domain and server providers as low as $3.50/month.
    But I wouldn’t advise just going for the cheapest option. Here is a list of factors to take into consideration when purchasing a domain and host provider.
    • Bandwidth restrictions
    • Actual domain name
    • Support?
    • Reliability?
    • Security?
    • Extra features
    Researching this information can be a hard task, and sadly I don’t have much help to give you on that end. My only suggestion is if it’s really cheap, figure out what they’re not providing that lets them give you a service so cheap.

Forums and, account and, database architecture

Many sites are build on vBulletin. I’ve used this before, and helped manage a website on vBulletin. It’s a great architecture and forum software. vB has many widgets and extensions you can add to your website that are for the most part maintained and kept up to date. Also out of all the options I believe vB *if kept updated* is very secure. The major drawback to vB is the cost. Licensing is very expensive, also please DON’T PIRATE forum software.

For a better look at vBulletin check vBulletin the help section of vB forums can be a great resource if you have any in depth questions.

Don’t want to go vB? Well you are in luck!

Wiki list of forum software

I don’t have a huge experience with many different types of forum architecture but the wiki link will give you a great break down of just about every option out there.

WARNING not everything is on that Wiki list.

Phoenix Republic’s website is built on Joomla architecture and uses Kunena Forums. So there still is a wide array of options out.

My best recommendation to figuring out what you want to actually use is simply; explore other guild websites, heck other websites with forums on them. Find a forum layout with features you really like and then look up what they’re using for the backend of that forum.

Board layout.

Try and create a layout of your forums that puts the important sections at the top. Try and consider who you worry about the most (the type of visitor) and then arrange from there.

Generally I would advise having recruitment at either the top or somewhere very close to the top, second to community activities, after that everything is fair game.

User ranks!

Here you get to have a bit of fun. Try and make a system that everyone will enjoy. You want your members to be interested in being part of your community, and involved. Giving quality titles, and ranks that they feel are enjoyable and want to work towards is a great way to help keep people active, and involved.

Some communities opt for military style ranks. If that is what your going for, do some research so that everything is right and proper.

I'm working on a guide for Ventrilo, Teamspeak, and Mumble currently. I have no experience in other options and am currently looking for guides elsewhere I can point you to.
    Hopefully I can wrap this whole section up in a few days.

Personal tips
    • Believe in yourself.
    • Positive matters.
    • Never give up.
    • Always try and get your community involved.
    • Remember you are here to have FUN. Don’t let yourself get stressed out or burned out.

I’ve done probably too much online internet reading. But in doing so I’ve stumbled across some helpful information. And different sources for that.

My best source of information to help with creating, managing and dealing with guild related issues would have to be “The Guild Counsel” from Massively

They have made many posts over about 2 years on the many subjects of being in management for a guild. You can check out these articles, and I highly suggest you do, even if you’re a veteran guild leader at Guild Counsel Topics
    Trust me the posts are well worth the time it takes to read them.

About the author

I’m 24 years old. Live in the State of Ohio on a large farm with many animals. Sadly I don’t have a college degree in English. Hence my grammar and sentence structure may not be up to some peoples standards. Hopefully though I get my points across well enough that people benefit from them and I am always open for constructive criticism to help teach and improve any information I am sharing.

I’ve been gaming all the way back to the days of Warcraft, and Diablo. Played quite a bit of EverQuest. Then World of Warcraft hit, I was part of the main top raiding guild on Gorgonnash. Raided AQ 40 and Naxx in vanilla, all the way up to End of Cataclysm in Downfall guild with numbers well into the hundreds! After that stint I set out to create my own community. I helped grow and direct Clan Aurora from Blacklight Retribution, and rebirthed that community into what I’m in currently The Phoenix Republic.

I have experienced years of dealing with the many hurdles of guild management. And have many stories to tell. But what I’ve learned most is simply that; “there will always be something around the corner to surprise you, something you didn’t expect; just embrace it and enjoy the ride.”

You are all welcome to contact me on my Guilds forums at PhoenixRepublic or our TeamSpeak (listed on the site.) Also feel free to PM me here on these forums.

Player Suggestions and Highlights

Do you have something to add? Questions I didn't answer? reply to this thread! I'm going to be active here. I'll try my best to answer anything. And if you have a quality suggestion I'll post it here, crediting you!

Quick highlight guild recruitment post.
    Moon Tale
    Check out their guild Logo. Detailed, but simple shapes should make it a very identifiable icon on a sail.

(I will try and browse through other guild recruitment posts and highlight quality content when I get the time, IF you feel I shouldn't do this let me know!)
    Head of Phoenix
    From the ashes we rise!

Forum Guide writer.
    Always looking for suggestions!
    My work so far:
    [Guide] Ins and Outs of Guild Creation
    [Guide & FAQ] Pre-Beta Can you Run AA!

Wow. Had no idea this would be this huge. Tried hard to get the formatting to look reasonable on forums. Word Document version of the guide
    That link contains the office word document if that helps anyone with the pain of formatting.
    Either way sorry about the huge wall of text.

Wow. What a comprehensive guide to guilds. Nice work Alakuu. Take note those who wish to know more guilds.
    "Reading is optional in online games" -jahlon, contestant for best post ever.
    Find a funny bug? Share it! | I am Nomad. | Priestess of Nui keeps trying to pay me Guilda stars to get me to hang out at her place. #CrazyGirlFriend

nice guide .. a bit long but got everything i think i skip some place but still .. great job

Did the table of content seem reasonable? I get the guide is HUGE. But I've got that quick Guide at the top, and the Table of contents there to hopefully allow people to look up what they're interested in.
    I doubt anyone would really sit down and read the whole thing unless they're very interested.

I've added a guide to websites and forums. Please take a look if you are interested and I'd love comments. Feels weird not having any!

Bump!
    Sadface I hope this isn't to insane of read.

Oh and VOIP setup section should be done soon. I kind of got distracted with my Hardware suggestion guide.

I'm surprised you haven't compiled this into a PDF for people to read as well lol
    Well done though, thank you for the good resource that is useful to new and veteran guild masters alike.

GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN
    #ChargebackTrion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast