+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ArcheAge 3.5 Teaser

ArcheAge 3.5 Teaser

Zones Featured:
    "Candlestick Strait"
    "Whale Song"

>As a feature of the 3.5 update, there are more levels, however, they are not the tradtional ones. They are levels that only are leveled within doing quests and killing mobs in those two zones. Much like how Abyssal Skills are leveled, you must get (although prome to be changed in our version) Honorforged Medals to increase your rank to the next level. Progressively, the amount of XP gets lower but the amount of items you need gets higer. You will start at level one again, but have a different icon:

>Skills (actives and passives?) now have many variations of them. Not sure how these are activated. They have different attributes (like water, "ghost", fire etc) that changes effect depending on what the attribute is.

>XP needed to level from 50-55 has been decreased by 30%, however we've already had an XP requirement decrease in the past so I don't see this taking effect.
    ♛percy!♛
    nazar east and west(na)|곤 east(kr) |안탈론 west(kr)
    SOOTHSAYER
    🌊 SEA 🌊
    percy meets archeage site

Judging just from the graphics it seems that precision strike has up to 8 (+1) variations. Two unlocked indicate poison and frost variants.

Its an interesting concept for a game which allows freely combine 10 skilltrees + abyssal variant.

I fear that the resulting system will be bit too complicated and too confusing, but on other hand it may finally end the "metagaming" mentality of some players.
    EU / Sirothe / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    Judging just from the graphics it seems that precision strike has up to 8 variations. Two unlocked indicate poison and frost variants.

Its an interesting concept for a game which allows freely combine 10 skilltrees + abyssal variant.

I fear that the resulting system will be bit too complicated and too confusing, but on other hand it may finally end the "metagaming" mentality of some players.
    Three skills from each skillset are selected for attributes. Those skills have only two variants (as said in the article). I'm also looking forward to what people will be doing with the different attributes too ^^

https://percymeetsarcheage.wordpress...on-and-skills/
    Put the key points of the article in this post ^
    ♛percy!♛
    nazar east and west(na)|곤 east(kr) |안탈론 west(kr)
    SOOTHSAYER
    🌊 SEA 🌊
    percy meets archeage site

Thanks for sharing Percy!
    Ashbae

Servers: Lucius>Aranzeb>Kyrios>Ollo>Kraken>Morpheus>Kraken> Morpheus

Ashlei-Reckoning
    <Freshly Squeezed>

Best female DR NA

From video I recognized something like "Searing rain" but a frost variant, and a flamebolt which looks much more like a basic attack of Distorted Duaxini (hits, splits on 3 zones around, then explodes), or lightning bolt which reminds flamebolt.

Edit:
    Yes, according screenshot on your blog its Lightning bolt.

My poor attempts to decipher korean ... it costs 24 mana, Instant, 80% from magic attack, 20m range, deals 12% more dmg to shocked targets, and combos with Enervate (mana regeneration). Causes shock for 8 seconds. Also it causes a buff of some sort I cannot decipher.
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Shameless bump and Percy's Screenshot of new "Lightning bolt" skill in korean

No offence but the video just shows a couple of guys facing a boss, I assume. If you fire up videos on YouTube for MMOs you see that kind of stuff all over the place. After all these years of playing MMOs and even traditional based computer games how is just gearing up to take on stuff even interesting anymore. I kinda hung up my pointy stick from my years of playing just before I came to Archeage cus in truth fighting is all these games sell. All of them base the combat concepts around the same basic mechanic of gear means reduced time duration of opponent. And as the gear becomes obsolete the HP or other factors rise for the opponent... NPC or PvP. The bar just eases its way up. And that is what I see in these videos. Its like seeing the Matrix.

What I look for these days is something that can actually make me interested to play. I like the farming and building in Archeage and thats about it. All the combat stuff is really boring for me . I levelled six characters and gave up questing and fighting after around Level 30 on each of them. If I want to fight I can play other games. In truth though I am more likely to fire up my old Amiga and play Arcade Snooker or Settlers cus they are more fun.

Sorry for that. I just wonder in truth how much more milage there is in the traditional MMO cus game after game fails to sustain any real numbers. They do need a good shakeup to make the process of gameplay more complex..... There seriously has to be more to gaming than just fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Qirri View Post
    No offence but the video just shows a couple of guys facing a boss, I assume. If you fire up videos on YouTube for MMOs you see that kind of stuff all over the place. After all these years of playing MMOs and even traditional based computer games how is just gearing up to take on stuff even interesting anymore. I kinda hung up my pointy stick from my years of playing just before I came to Archeage cus in truth fighting is all these games sell. All of them base the combat concepts around the same basic mechanic of gear means reduced time duration of opponent. And as the gear becomes obsolete the HP or other factors rise for the opponent... NPC or PvP. The bar just eases its way up. And that is what I see in these videos. Its like seeing the Matrix.

What I look for these days is something that can actually make me interested to play. I like the farming and building in Archeage and thats about it. All the combat stuff is really boring for me . I levelled six characters and gave up questing and fighting after around Level 30 on each of them. If I want to fight I can play other games. In truth though I am more likely to fire up my old Amiga and play Arcade Snooker or Settlers cus they are more fun.

Sorry for that. I just wonder in truth how much more milage there is in the traditional MMO cus game after game fails to sustain any real numbers. They do need a good shakeup to make the process of gameplay more complex..... There seriously has to be more to gaming than just fighting.
    But what ?

just crafting stuff for no purpose isn't very MMORPG'ish (its more like sim stuff genre)

The purpose in MMORPG's is to be succesfully with your char and your items when it comes to action (killing artificial or enemy players).
    Thats the classic motivation even from the pen and paper times of RPG's.

Its very difficult to find a equally good substitute for this.
    You have some ideas about it ?

I saw a "spreadshot" coming from that archer. That better be an arrow barrage, or charged bolt (which would synergies with the obsidian V1 ability) variant. *drools*
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Quote Originally Posted by pavmelas View Post
    The purpose in MMORPG's is to be succesfully with your char and your items when it comes to action (killing artificial or enemy players).
    This.
    This is the reason why MMORPGs are filled with self-centered players who only enjoy the game when their character's stats increase.

That is so wrong.
    Back in my days, the Everquest days, we liked to play the game as an immersive game.
    We loved it because the world was a vast world, were you had to build bonds with other players because it was a very difficult game.
    We loved it because the lore was deep and fascinating.
    The graphics were really ugly (1999), the crafting system was incredibly difficult (no guided recipes, you had to try things out and fail a lot), you could barely solo, some classes just couldn't, the items had very few stats and it didn't matter that much.

But we still played it and enjoyed it.
    I miss those days where playing a game and enjoying it, wasn't all about who's got the biggest gearscore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast