+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official Stance of: .63 labor/silver return on skills you nerfed

Official Stance of: .63 labor/silver return on skills you nerfed

How is it possible you could take a lessor skill that could never keep up with the other skills in the first place, then nerf into this reality?; "Farm Floor 3 mobs for 6 hours straight" and get...

[SIZE="5"].63 silver/labor on return?[/SIZE] That's 1800 mobs - that is 6 HOURS of Killing mobs.., 35 Dean's Research Bundles and 3500 labor worth of spend.

The very worst you should ever see is 10 silver/labor point - this is 1/20th of that barely viable level of Return on Labor - not to mention the 6x on the time spent! 1/20th! 5% ROI of the other WORST professions.. I mean, COME ON! That's not a nerf, that's a blatant assassination.

This $hat is broke. Get Lunarite and Glowing Prisms off the 100 labor purses loot table- they are worth less than 5 silver and should never ever be in a 100 labor purse, ever...that is just wrong and somebody obviously screwed this up - please fix it. It is not needed and just pisses players off.

Can we please gain an intelligent answer regarding this problem other than "yep, it's f'd!" ?

Not everything is about profits.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

So these "professions" are here not to profit from? I see..let me look up Larceny Profession..

I thought "profession" actually means "for profit"? Did I miss the memo changing the definition of the word, profession? Did Trion change this meaning into "for fun or senseless agony?"

Silly me.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by NefariousBIG View Post
    So these "professions" are here not to profit from? I see..let me look up Larceny Profession..

I thought "profession" actually means "for profit"? Did I miss the memo changing the definition of the word, profession? Did Trion change this meaning into "for fun or senseless agony?"

Silly me.. :P
    As in changes to professions aren't always based on profits, especially since larceny is tied to equipment progression. Also KR has a lot more events and such tied to Internet cafes, something we don't have here (something some have pointed out before).
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

If what you describe is true than there is no ethical reason why everyone with maxed larceny "profession" should not be credited with all of the gold spent to level the profession using the pay specialization skill tokens, as well as refund all the exp spent on raising a now worthless skill. To not do this is simple baiting and switching - no matter how you slice it, it is piss poor business and something only truly unethical business practices engage in - probably why they made it illegal in the US as it is akin to straight theft.

To leave it as is with no explanation or intent to change would not be even a consideration of an ethically run business - I.E. a sustainable model. To do what is being done is basically admitting - 'Yep, we robbed you of your money and time with no advanced warning that we would be renderring all of your efforts - NUL. No matter the previous understanding" Sure, the EULA allows it, but it is ill conceived regardless.

It would be like simply deleting peoples houses and land that they ran packs from, then just not saying anything about it and acting like it didn't happen..how do you think that would fly here? It is exactly the same thing no matter how spun.

Like people paying for 2 degrees to advance in life at the same College - then one day, the college just decides to say "Sorry, your particular Degree is no longer valid and will not enable you to progress in life - unlike if you had chosen Degree B". BUT we will gladly take your money to now get the Valid Degree...

Bait and Switch - classic example of what transpired here..the fact that Trion seems to just feel that it's ok to do that, should send off strong alarms about what they are trying to accomplish. Bait and Switch is usually a quick money grab with no consideration of the Future. Hard to invest time or money in a game that takes that obvious stance consistently.

We need to call them out on this and let them know we are not all living in our moms basement, caring less about how ethically our time and money is respected. Some of us have learned in a long life how much destruction these mentalities cause in fairness and honesty. There should be little tolerance for it, anywhere - even in a MMO. It is STILL business.

Things change, in game and in life. Adapt or die. You are not a victim, the world won't change to meet your desires. Asking for retroactive benefits is purely laughable.

Open coinpurses then. Trion is not forcing you to open a box with a poor roi. Store them for later or throw them away. The value of the box is determined by the market first. Larceny is plenty useful as it is.

Some see a thief and try to stop him - some see a thief and wonder if he will give them some too.

Your right, that is life and we do all have a choice to make. I wonder what happens when everyone starts choosing option B, to go on the take?

Where there is unethical practices there is always a victim by definition of the practice. Let's not act like we should tolerate and accept lazy unethical business practices just because that is part of life.

Life and People DO change...it us up to all of us to determine which way that goes, right?

What is lacking here is any attempt at communication to the customer about an obvious oversight on loot tables.= IE a MISTAKE>. Unless someone wants to explain why Noble Purse off a level 33 mob have a greater silver/labor ratio than Dean's or Queens purses that cost far more to gain and open. Someone made a mistake - someone at Trion will need to look into this..

Posting things here are the only "lever" we have to gain that attention.

If what you describe is true than there is no ethical reason why everyone with maxed larceny "profession" should not be credited with all of the gold spent to level the profession using the pay specialization skill tokens, as well as refund all the exp spent on raising a now worthless skill.
    Honestly this would be better applied to Artistry (still worthless), Exploratation to a point pre-3.0 as well as Construction pre-3.0. Farming now has little value to increase since bundles have taken a dive and single planting is needed to be done more then before.

Like people paying for 2 degrees to advance in life at the same College - then one day, the college just decides to say "Sorry, your particular Degree is no longer valid and will not enable you to progress in life - unlike if you had chosen Degree B". BUT we will gladly take your money to now get the Valid Degree...
    This is reality, not just fantasy.

Few degrees are worth the paper thier printed on, much less the cost of learning it. Fine Arts and Philosophy are two common examples. I personally know of one example where a friend has a masters in Astro Physics, guess what he does for a living... he sells cars. He even tried to make a living off his degree and had to return to car sales because there was no money to be made in his feild.

Not all professions are for profit, there also is the method you use it, if at all.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

I get a fantastic roi in artistry if I want it. Though profit per point of labor is highly volatile.

After you opened a few boxes and realized it was terrible, you probably should have stopped opening them and moved on. Store them so when they become profitable you have some to open. Just because something has a high labor cost doesn't mean it's a good investment or a great return for labor spent.

So stop and go farm jesters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast