+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: AA 3.5 New Craft System !!! SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS !!

Quote Originally Posted by disciprine View Post
    I understand your notion - I really do.

Fine, let's remove the rng from the craft. That's a bitter pill to swallow.

But to make eranors basic tier is a joke. You can't argue that. It's 9k per attempt with a divine anchor with a 10% chance to go up.

Now it's like, oh nice epic lol too bad.
    You missed some of how the system works.

Erenor items are synthesized like how you level a cloak or costume. Apparently you feed items to your erenor item to level it up. It's a grind with the only rng being on the mods that are added to the item as you level it. I presume there will be a method to reroll mods on an item but I haven't heard anything about that yet.

Your cloak goes back to grand when you take it up a tier too. They're adding an erenor cloak also (according to the patch notes) so that will presumably start your cloak at zero with the ability to go up to at least mythic (hopefully primordial).

I haven't heard anything about whether costumes can go up to primordial yet but I don't think they are. I hope they are though.

Regardless of all this, what we get is likely to be different form what they get.

I think the changes KR has sounds pretty cool. Moving RNG out of the crafting fine by me, still plenty RNG to deal with regrading

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelicious View Post
    PTW is killing the game... literally killing it.

And let's not be dishonest about those who throw money at increasing regrading chances in order to get a successful proc, which is closed to the average playerbase... creating a GODMODE 1% of playerbase which totally DESTROYS server balance and the end game. No, ALL gear should be OBTAINABLE to ALL players who put in the time and effort... and not simply the wealthy (or extremely lucky) few who can afford all the advantage.

The ENDGAME and best gear needs to be obtainable by everyone, at least the PVP will be balanced then.
    P2W not killing anything here, it's just a reason jealous crybabies use against other players who have better gear. Western players just got too much used to being handled "free" stuff for little effort, and just can't stand losing stuff like in the old days (drop item on death, item break on regrading). The west playerbase just became spoiled crybabies, who are just looking for something to blame.
    Veteran KR/RU/Alpha player, The Hamster
    General BrutLeX from Kyprosa(EU) / Primeval since day1

As people said before, I also fear that sealing/resealing items would just return them to basic. This would mean that you would need to regrade an Ayanad directly if you want a divine or whatever Ayanad. I have a feeling this might be the case, as I don't believe that Korea would give up on some RNG without a heavy nerf somewhere else.

Also, I'm not sure why people don't see what a problem Archeum will become. Crafting looks so easy now, everyone will start crafting you might think. And what if everyone will suddenly need 65 Archeum Essences for an Ayanad? Especially with the new ♥♥♥♥♥♥ed changes that Larceny received, which I am willing to bet were done having the 3.5 patch in mind. Archeage never gives anything without taking back 10 times over.
    Proud green pirate, fervent activist of the Tumbleweed Nerf Society

Quote Originally Posted by BrutLeX View Post
    P2W not killing anything here, it's just a reason jealous crybabies use against other players who have better gear. Western players just got too much used to being handled "free" stuff for little effort, and just can't stand losing stuff like in the old days (drop item on death, item break on regrading). The west playerbase just became spoiled crybabies, who are just looking for something to blame.
    I blame Wow. People should play more UO...

Linear crafting for normal gear will now allow progressing to better gear, requiring luck in regrading. Its not that far from RNG we had before because currently there is at least no requirement on delphinad > ayanad in grade of the item.

You will get item to ayanad only to learn that further progressing requires you to break other items to upgrade it further above celestial, and then you have to "feed" the erenor item. Even when it seems pretty linear it isnt

Edit: if something does not change, sealed items cannot be regraded.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

UO didn't had P2W shop.

The problem isn't "handing" items "fror free" but handing "items for dollers". (APEX and Charms in cash shop)

Items for dollers isn't perceived as gameplay achievement and as "earned" by the playerbase.

Remove Apex and Charms and any non cosmetic item from cash shop would really help.

Quote Originally Posted by pavmelas View Post
    UO didn't had P2W shop.

The problem isn't "handing" items "fror free" but handing "items for dollers". (APEX and Charms in cash shop)

Items for dollers isn't perceived as gameplay achievement and as "earned" by the playerbase.

Remove Apex and Charms and any non cosmetic item from cash shop would really help.
    I gave up after 18 months of AA and went back to UO. Even this new regrading system wont bring me back. Its been around a year now since i last played AA and im too far behind to catch up now so there is no point in coming back. At least with UO i can play on a level playing field with everyone.
    You can only appeal bans by sending an email to appeals@trionworlds.com.

Quote Originally Posted by pavmelas View Post
    UO didn't had P2W shop.

No argue about charms,I am not fan of selling charms.

When it comes to Apex its a bit different. You can pay real life money to support other players - to allow them to play while paying ingame gold.

Well, even when you see it that "someone just received 1600g for real life money", the other guy who purchased Apex received 1 month patron... What I dislike much more is multiaccounting. It undermines the whole concept of labor.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by BrutLeX View Post
    wait what ...if u think its just the west u wrong buddy, how come AA kr server died aswell ? arent Krs the one who likes grind... AA playerbase overall hates the gear gap and yes i think everyone should be somewhat equal if they put time and effort in it , i know a guy in legacy servers in first week popped thousands of $ and he outgeared me .. atleast if he got to my lvl i be alright with that but to outgear me by aloot its not accepted my freind

thats what AA community dont like in a nutshell so this system will realy fix things the irony XL called it the beginning for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Swagbito View Post
    wait what ...if u think its just the west u wrong buddy, how come AA kr server died aswell ? arent Krs the one who likes grind... AA playerbase overall hates the gear gap and yes i think everyone should be somewhat equal if they put time and effort in it , i know a guy in legacy servers in first week popped thousands of $ and he outgeared me .. atleast if he got to my lvl i be alright with that but to outgear me by aloot its not accepted my freind

thats what AA community dont like in a nutshell so this system will realy fix things the irony XL called it the beginning for a reason
    Well, he put thousands of dollars, what did you expect? you can expend thousands too and catch up or work hard and catch up, is up to you.

Before some idiot comes with cash shop should be cosmetics only, are you willing to pay your patron at 300$+ per month? otherwise keep it to yourself because is never gonna happen.

Like in Real Life, the guy with more resources have the advantage, will have the advantage and will ever have the advantage, deal effin with it.

note: i'm not a whale, im simply someone who is not a cry baby with some common sense left it seems

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast