+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Player Question

New Player Question

Is it too late to start?

Im assuming land is gone, and gear scores have reached a point that would make coming in to the game very difficult to be competitive. I dont play the p2w or least very minimal, so is it too late?

Thank you.

Yes it is

If i didnt already know you to be a troll id actually accept that answer.

Nah, it'd take you two weeks to hit 3500 at a casual pace for GHA/Mistsong - From there though it's how efficient you are with your time.

<House of Mantis>
    Nui - Pyrrha
    Reckoning - Pyrrha
    Kyrios - Anthyny

Definitely not too late. I joined up about a month on fresh start FTP and I'm doing fine. Land is gone but goes on sale frequently still.

Not to late.

Just purchase the basics to catch up. Patron is a must and labor stipend.

Once you hit 55 you can get a full celestial buff and a unique-divine mistsong weapon. This will put you at about 3.5k.

Land isn't necessary. Stone is up in price to help you get started. I recommend using a public farm to try your chance at a tst.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasidoc View Post
    If i didnt already know you to be a troll id actually accept that answer.
    You are going to have a really hard time catching up apex are already getting expensive.

Its, too late. These people are miserable playing this game and they just want to see other people suffer to make them feel better. Run and never look back. Godspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasidoc View Post
    Is it too late to start?

Im assuming land is gone, and gear scores have reached a point that would make coming in to the game very difficult to be competitive. I dont play the p2w or least very minimal, so is it too late?

Thank you.
    I think you'll be fine. It's going to be harder than catching up, sure, but not impossible. Plenty of people are selling their land right now, and I've even seen a fair bit of plots going up for demo as the "shiny new" sensation of the server wears off, so if you're clever you'll be set.

Just beware land hackers, I've seen quite a few.
    RECKONING
    Blossom ~*~ Flower ~*~ Orchid ~*~ Lilac

depends on your goal in the game to be honest.

if you just play to enjoy the features of the game available to a casual player with his/her friends, it is not too late.

if you want to be competitive at the highest level and be fighting anyone/everyone with equal footing. it is pretty much too late, although you could still catch up with extremely dedicated work and a good bit of swiping.

your main question was about land, which is all gobbled up. though there is plenty demo'ing everyday and plenty for sale for relatively "cheap"
    though obviously nothing will be cheap to a new character with no gold and no means of making it other than safe route trade packs and merit quest dailies.

that said. most players are still in the 3k gearscore range, and a vast majority are still using gear that is "free" and all you need to do is grind greater dungeons and GHA everyday for about a week to get what they have equipped: celestial gha armor and a celestial t1 mistsong weapon.

really easy to get, but it is everyday becoming less and less viable to use this gear setup vs the players that are starting to get t5 or delph+ armor at celestial/divine/epic. theres even a few legendary weapons out there already. and quite a few divine ayanads.

+ Reply to Thread