+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 90

Thread: Lots of players quiting because of multi boxing

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by FluXIx View Post
    multiple machines isn't multi boxing lol....
    And where do you think the term "multi box" comes from? What "box" exactly are they talking about?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-boxing This could help you but I'll go ahead with this :::: Multiboxing refers to playing as multiple separate characters concurrently in an MMORPGs. This can either be achieved by using multiple separate machines to run the game or by running multiple separate instances of the game.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    It was not discouraged, it was explicitly allowed and supported by Trion. You just had to use multiple machines or a VM due to XL using garbage cheat detection that didn't work.
    If it kept you nerds with 4+ accounts down then i would contend that it was working in some respect.

  3. #23
    Its just not any fun since 3.0.. i spend most of my game time just trying to make some gold, have had to let 2 of my farms go because i can't make taxes, haven't PvP'd almost since 3.0 came out.. love the dwarf and warborn but never get to play them as i am too busy trying to get a Royal Seed, sales are down on the AH because everyone has all the land they could possibly need and grow/plant what they need.. I don't understand what the point was for TRION to not want anyone to have any gold. Anyway, just MY opinion.. and constantly on the look out now for another game.
    Goldheart

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,247
    Quote Originally Posted by BabaBooey View Post
    And where do you think the term "multi box" comes from? What "box" exactly are they talking about?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-boxing This could help you but I'll go ahead with this :::: Multiboxing refers to playing as multiple separate characters concurrently in an MMORPGs. This can either be achieved by using multiple separate machines to run the game or by running multiple separate instances of the game.
    omg Wikipedia.. Boxing comes from having multi windowed games open.
    either way it was not allowed.. and there was way way less alts.
    A famous player

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    The slums of Savannah.
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by DELPHI View Post
    "whether you did with the workaround hackshield" You worked around that you cheated. You broke you T and C's.
    you guys will really cling to anything to keep crying about it, multibox has always been allowed and it is here to stay, nothing will change that, it can not be prevented and it is now part of the game, probably for a really long time, if not forever.

    Use that energy for something more useful, like demanding to fix something broken, instead of something you just don't like it, example: FIX SKILL QUEUE.
    Roses are red /
    Blood is too /
    Yours got spilled /
    For a charcoal or two.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldherat View Post
    Its just not any fun since 3.0.. i spend most of my game time just trying to make some gold, have had to let 2 of my farms go because i can't make taxes, haven't PvP'd almost since 3.0 came out.. love the dwarf and warborn but never get to play them as i am too busy trying to get a Royal Seed, sales are down on the AH because everyone has all the land they could possibly need and grow/plant what they need.. I don't understand what the point was for TRION to not want anyone to have any gold. Anyway, just MY opinion.. and constantly on the look out now for another game.

    Who is buying all the stuff I am selling then?
    Do you know what the rarest thing you will ever find in ArcheAge is?

    A fair fight.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by FluXIx View Post
    omg Wikipedia.. Boxing comes from having multi windowed games open.
    either way it was not allowed.. and there was way way less alts.
    Is this your way of being wrong but moving on? Please Explain. "Boxing" does not come from having multi windowed games open. So either way you're wrong.... I guess that's how we argue now

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    - Away -
    Posts
    10,309
    Quote Originally Posted by FluXIx View Post
    multiple machines isn't multi boxing lol....
    Where to you think the term multi-BOXing comes from?

  9. #29
    Are "lots of players" so slow that they just now realized they were playing Altage?

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    - Away -
    Posts
    10,309
    Quote Originally Posted by DELPHI View Post
    "whether you did with the workaround hackshield" You worked around that you cheated. You broke you T and C's.
    This is also a lie. There was no cheat as multiboxing was explicitly allowed by the rules. There were no modification to the client at all needed to run the game in VMs or on multiple machines.

    I get it that you guys are kicking and screaming like petulant children because you don't like the way someone plays with their toys, but can you stop the blatant lies to try to make points?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts