+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP: New player question about crafting Weaponry

HELP: New player question about crafting Weaponry

Hi,

I am totally new to Archeage but I've been playing MMO like world of warcraft for some time now.

Anyway, here are some of my questions:

1) Can someone recommend a good free or paid crafting guide for Weaponry?
    2) What other professions complement weaponry which you suggest I also level up? (i've read somewhere that you cannot upgrade all professions as there is a limit or something)
    3) Any other tips you can suggest?

Note/s:
    a) I understand that I will not earn gold that much compared to other professions but my heart is set on weaponry
    b) I only have 1 character and I don't plan to make other accounts/characters
    c) I can spend a bit of gold to level the profession up but not too much.

Thanks

Anyone?

Press O ingame to bring up crafting folio, and browse the weaponry category. I'm not a weaponer myself, but looking at it now it seems like weaponry relies on a lot of metal, so mining and/or smelting might go well with it. You should also try to buy or craft some dawnsdrop gear for whichever profs you choose as it will give you a skill boost- for weaponry that's a dawnsdrop jerkin. You level these skills just by using labor on them- it is true you can't max every single prof skill on one char, but you likely won't run into those limitations until much later

Quote Originally Posted by Joms View Post
    b) I only have 1 character and I don't plan to make other accounts/characters
    c) I can spend a bit of gold to level the profession up but not too much.
    I hate to be a Debbie Downer but your requirements pretty much mean you will get absolutely no where with weapon (or any high end) crafting.

Currently AA crafting is luck and you lose great sums of gold (thousands) repeatedly until you get lucky.

Statistically
    1 in 4 Illustrious are upgradable
    1 in 4 Magnificent are upgradable
    1 in 7 Epherium are upgradable
    1 in 7 Delphinad are upgradable

So for that Single Delphinad with average luck you'll have crafted 7 Epheriums, which in turn each took an average 4 Magnificent, which took an average 4 Illustrious. So 4*4*7 = 112 crafts to get a 1/7 chance at an Ayanad upgradable Delphinad that might sell on the Auction House.

The good news is that the real numbers are a bit better than that because:
    1) Using an Armorers house give you a 10% chance at an upgradable version
    2) You can salvage non-upgradable pieces using the Machining Profession into upgradable versions.

If you have your heart set on it using only one account my suggestions would be:

1) Use an Armorers House always
    2) Always buy your base mats (Iron, Sturdy Ingots, Fine Lumber, etc). Cross-region alts make them so cheaply you just can't afford to do it yourself, especially with a single account. The exception to this is Archeum if you are in a position to do your own Archeum Trees.
    3) Never craft the illustrious tier (buy wisps from AH when they are cheap and machine them into Illustrious or higher upgradables directly)
    4) Farm your own Mysterious Garden Powder by killing trash lvl 50ish mobs in an active war zone and opening Jesters Crates and discarding the purses (they aren't worth the labor to open). Sell your excess MGP as needed to otherwise fund yourself (crafting fees or gear, etc)
    5) Buy the 30-day Labor stipend each month

So the only two professions you'll need are probably Weaponcrafting and Machining.

the easiest way to level metalcrafting is buy iron ore off the ah or mine it, create ingots and sell the ingots to buy more ore until you have the skill to use an armor smiths house. I don't know if higher metal crafting gives better chances at a better grade pop. Its been a long time since I made ingots but when I was doing it I made a little cash as well but the skills was what I was going after.

I sure hope metalcrafting is weaps and not armor lol, I'm a miner and do mass processing at an open alchemists house. If metalcraft is about armor, disregard what I posted

Quote Originally Posted by Setrict View Post
    I hate to be a Debbie Downer but your requirements pretty much mean you will get absolutely no where with weapon (or any high end) crafting.

Currently AA crafting is luck and you lose great sums of gold (thousands) repeatedly until you get lucky.

Statistically
    1 in 4 Illustrious are upgradable
    1 in 4 Magnificent are upgradable
    1 in 7 Epherium are upgradable
    1 in 7 Delphinad are upgradable

So for that Single Delphinad with average luck you'll have crafted 7 Epheriums, which in turn each took an average 4 Magnificent, which took an average 4 Illustrious. So 4*4*7 = 112 crafts to get a 1/7 chance at an Ayanad upgradable Delphinad that might sell on the Auction House.

The good news is that the real numbers are a bit better than that because:
    1) Using an Armorers house give you a 10% chance at an upgradable version
    2) You can salvage non-upgradable pieces using the Machining Profession into upgradable versions.

If you have your heart set on it using only one account my suggestions would be:

1) Use an Armorers House always
    2) Always buy your base mats (Iron, Sturdy Ingots, Fine Lumber, etc). Cross-region alts make them so cheaply you just can't afford to do it yourself, especially with a single account. The exception to this is Archeum if you are in a position to do your own Archeum Trees.
    3) Never craft the illustrious tier (buy wisps from AH when they are cheap and machine them into Illustrious or higher upgradables directly)
    4) Farm your own Mysterious Garden Powder by killing trash lvl 50ish mobs in an active war zone and opening Jesters Crates and discarding the purses (they aren't worth the labor to open). Sell your excess MGP as needed to otherwise fund yourself (crafting fees or gear, etc)
    5) Buy the 30-day Labor stipend each month

So the only two professions you'll need are probably Weaponcrafting and Machining.
    I agree with this guy for the most part. The exception is that I think it makes sense to make Illustrious at an armorer's house because it takes > 1k labor to craft the item and you gain labor used as proficiency. This changes in 3.5 (at least on KR so far) so now is the time to work weaponry. Weaponry is very expensive to raise.

I make illustrious items at my armorer's house and use the wisps I get from breaking items down to machine delphinad upgradeable epheriums as I accumulate wisps.

I'm not really anticipating being able to level up an epherium item anytime soon because I don't have anywhere close to an ayanad suit yet. I'm grinding weaponry aggressively now because the labor costs for illustrious are going down with 3.5 and the material costs are going up. This will translate into MUCH slower proficiency gain. Also, manawisps are going away as well as the ability to use machining to make gear from manawisps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    Also, manawisps are going away as well as the ability to use machining to make gear from manawisps.
    What system is going to replace them?

Quote Originally Posted by Staccato View Post
    What system is going to replace them?
    http://omnom.io

There is a (30g ish) new item to reseal 'garbage' rolls so that eventually you can get the type you want, so no more need to salvage junk. Upgrading to the next tier now requires a regrade level instead of a particular type. Unique Epherium->Grand Delphinad, Celestial Delphinad -> Grand Ayanad, Divine Ayanad -> Grand Erenor.

Essentially they've replaced the RNG salvage->reforge gold and materials sync with RNG regrade and greatly increased materials requirements. From what I can tell cost wise it's probably worse but predictable.

<evil developer cackles>They want less RNG do they? I'll give them less RNG</evil developer cackles>

For the wisps in obsidian gear I'm not clear. One site indicated that actual mag/eph/delph level items were required for upgrades, but another just mentioned large amounts of archeum essences of the right type.

Thanks Setrict. That was extremely helpful.

Wisps are deprecated in 3.5.

Obsidian takes archeum. Existing wisps can be converted to fear in mirage but it's a crappy cost-benefit ratio.

I think it's wise to use your wisps before patch.

+ Reply to Thread