+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Killing Morpheus for Augmented Dream Ring

Killing Morpheus for Augmented Dream Ring

I am from the east and an oceanic player. My guild probably doesn't have enough people interested to do this. Is it possible to sneak in 1 hit during some other faction/nation's attack on Morpheus for the credit and complete the quest? Or I can forget about getting the Augmented Dream Ring?

Yes, I even think it sometimes just gives it for being in the area.
    But yeah wait till it's about to die and just hit it. You'll still get credit as long as you don't release before it dies. Also don't hit it then stealth

Quote Originally Posted by Oh hurro View Post
    Yes, I even think it sometimes just gives it for being in the area.
    But yeah wait till it's about to die and just hit it. You'll still get credit as long as you don't release before it dies. Also don't hit it then stealth
    I'm sorry no. The morpheus tag must belong to your group. If another raid has it, your arrows, etc will not count as a kill strike for credit.

A small group of about 20-25 east can do morpheus. The assumption is a tank ~5k gs. Who has 5-6 healers on the docks with them, ~3-5k gs as well. The tank gets the morph aggro, and the healers stand back further on the docks in their own healing circles, etc ready to heal the tank.

The rest of the group waits for tank aggro to be established. Then the swim under the docks to the back of the boat, onto the "steering wheel area". From there, they single target attack morpheus, no AOEs or the cannons turn. If a healer or two is with the boat group even better, for songs, etc.

You can do this, given that you are not contested.

Another part is to find the group, and if worried about contestation, pay a pirate guild a bribe. That's how it was done in the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
    I'm sorry no. The morpheus tag must belong to your group. If another raid has it, your arrows, etc will not count as a kill strike for credit.

A small group of about 20-25 east can do morpheus. The assumption is a tank ~5k gs. Who has 5-6 healers on the docks with them, ~3-5k gs as well. The tank gets the morph aggro, and the healers stand back further on the docks in their own healing circles, etc ready to heal the tank.

The rest of the group waits for tank aggro to be established. Then the swim under the docks to the back of the boat, onto the "steering wheel area". From there, they single target attack morpheus, no AOEs or the cannons turn. If a healer or two is with the boat group even better, for songs, etc.

You can do this, given that you are not contested.

Another part is to find the group, and if worried about contestation, pay a pirate guild a bribe. That's how it was done in the old days.
    Your raid doesn't need tag to get credit for any other boss for the ring, including kraken. Im not sure why morph would be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by sobin View Post
    Your raid doesn't need tag to get credit for any other boss for the ring, including kraken. Im not sure why morph would be any different.
    Because the other bosses are dropping an item, the morph kill is just a kill request on the quest itself, like when you are leveling and it says kill x amount of mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by wedgehoe View Post
    next time don't talk ♥♥♥♥ if your information is incorrect
    Quote Originally Posted by wedgehoe View Post
    they are epherium grade try again, the items in library are now stronger then krakken. stop your ♥♥♥♥♥ing on the forums and do some research for once
    "o master of chiefeness xithorousably of tantalickita."

You can do it with 6 people under 5k gs. Source: I did it myself a while back

Quote Originally Posted by Xithorus View Post
    Because the other bosses are dropping an item, the morph kill is just a kill request on the quest itself, like when you are leveling and it says kill x amount of mobs.
    Incorrect. You do not need to be in the raid if you follow what I said.
    I used to sell morpheus credit. You just have to have a hit on it and not stealth/release when you die. Works the same as eye rift... doesnt drop an item but is just a kill quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh hurro View Post
    Incorrect. You do not need to be in the raid if you follow what I said.
    I used to sell morpheus credit. You just have to have a hit on it and not stealth/release when you die. Works the same as eye rift... doesnt drop an item but is just a kill quest.
    So, since Alpha I have played this game. Since the ability to get the dream ring, I have worked on it. Slowly, because I was stuck for over 7 months, on the morpheus kill. Because the tag didn't count. Other factors came in eventually, like DCs etc. But there are at least 10 attempts on my end as being an outside of raid player, tagging the f***ing boss and the tag wouldn't count. Didn't matter if I didn't die or standing right on top of Morpheus the hits didn't count as a kill.

So, since Alpha I have played this game. Since the ability to get the dream ring, I have worked on it. Slowly, because I was stuck for over 7 months, on the morpheus kill. Because the tag didn't count. Other factors came in eventually, like DCs etc. But there are at least 10 attempts on my end as being an outside of raid player, tagging the f***ing boss and the tag wouldn't count. Didn't matter if I didn't die or standing right on top of Morpheus the hits didn't count as a kill.
    Then u messed it up becuz ur wrong. I have been a pirate for 3 years and sold more morpheus than most people. You do NOT need to be in the raid to get credit. This is fact. The one thing you do have to do is be present and within range of morpheus WHEN he is pulled, if u are too far away or u show up late... then yes u won't get credit. Otherwise it should work fine.

If you still have problems just get the other raid to let u hit morpheus first, and if you die don't res... even if you die as long as u stay dead u will get credit. If the raid is not "with" you. Then just run up before u think they will pull it. Tag it. Die. Stay dead. If they kill it while u are dead under the boat u will get credit.

In order to get Morpheus' Hair item from the kill you need to be near the boss when it's pulled (to unlock the quest 'Kill Morpheus the Forsaken'), have attacked it or healed someone attacking it to be able to get credit for being there, then be present and in range of the quest (generally 200m feel free to correct me) when the boss dies.
    If you are not fulfilling these 3 steps, you will not get credit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast