+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the point in doing larders anymore since 3.0?

Hybrid View

Whats the point in doing larders anymore since 3.0?

Just came back and played prior to 3.0 I used to do larders for gold in land or cross continent to east. But now since they removed shatigon's blessings (cheaper resources because it uses vocation) it now uses 1 royal seed PER larder. On my auction cluster 1 royal seed=9g. That -9g loss plus the mats alone make doing larders no longer worth it... u make the same if not less that u'd get from regular/fertilizer packs... if not less gold now, that is also not factoring in how much labor it costs to do larders versus regular packs. Even if u bring those larders for resources like charcoal u don't make that much more... and it depends on the cost of charcoal stabilizers on ah and royal seed prices on ah. It only takes 1 ship full of larders lost too to make it not worth it at all. I can only justify doing it now if u received the royal seed yourself via farming. Is there any other way to get it?

Yesterday I planted about 400 tomato seeds, got 60 gold from selling royal seeds. If I would decide to make larderds I can get 110-130 gold even with short trade route up to 240g with long... Just 20k farming...
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Makes it more bot friendly.

I'm surprised the prices are still this high on the seeds. I would have thought people would've botted the crap out of this by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Laddin View Post
    I'm surprised the prices are still this high on the seeds. I would have thought people would've botted the crap out of this by now.
    To make it clear, Plox is a liar and many of similar creations are easy to detect.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laddin View Post
    You can only single plant for so long until
    1. you loose your mind and find another sorce of income.
    2. Run fertilizer packs like the rest do.
    3. Loose you and rage quit.
    4. Keep at it, level farming to around 150k and watch the seeds drop more often and run larders to freedich.

There are still runs worth planting larders for, even if you buy the seeds at 8g each. Granted, not a lot of runs...

Quote Originally Posted by Sentient6 View Post
    There are still runs worth planting larders for, even if you buy the seeds at 8g each. Granted, not a lot of runs...
    like what.. i did the math for airain rock to cinderstone which u may get jumped for and its the same gold if not worse depending on mats on ah.. keep in mind too costs like 2x more labor for same profit.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdestHeart View Post
    like what.. i did the math for airain rock to cinderstone which u may get jumped for and its the same gold if not worse depending on mats on ah.. keep in mind too costs like 2x more labor for same profit.
    What about Karkasse to haranaya for charcoals? Rokhala to nuia for charcoals? I mean larder packs.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdestHeart View Post
    I do Rokhala to Solzreed where you get more profit per pack than with ferts (I also do ferts). Keep in mind that it also is a matter of convenience. I don't have that much time to run and I'd rather get more profit per pack than ever so slightly more s/l (which isnt even certain for this run) but having to run way more packs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast