+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Whats the point in doing larders anymore since 3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Vidalia View Post
    Take from this what you will.

I have a farming prof of about 80K. I have more success getting royal seeds from items like carrots and yams that grow wild than I do on my own farm. I could pick all the carrots, for instance, outside of Caernord, and get two or three seeds out of the 5-minute gathering time. Same with yams in Rokhala. If I planted the same amount of yams or carrots on my own land, I wouldn't get as many seeds. I never single plant anymore, but I definitely do a lot of single-harvesting.
    I too have heard stories of wild harvests yielding more royal seeds than player grown seeds. Have not tested it.
    "You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw." - Bill Watterson

Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Archeage is not a PvP game.

Wild crops yield seeds as well. I'm not sure if it has a better drop rate but that's an option. It seems that each area has a few plants that seem to give better results than others. For my home in Silent Forest, Rice and Tomatos gives me the best results from my testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidalia View Post
    Take from this what you will.

I have a farming prof of about 80K. I have more success getting royal seeds from items like carrots and yams that grow wild than I do on my own farm. I could pick all the carrots, for instance, outside of Caernord, and get two or three seeds out of the 5-minute gathering time. Same with yams in Rokhala. If I planted the same amount of yams or carrots on my own land, I wouldn't get as many seeds. I never single plant anymore, but I definitely do a lot of single-harvesting.
    It is risky to make assumptions because "it feels like", "it seems".
    Please provide factual numbers.
    Every time you harvest in the wilds, note down how many single harvest you did, how many royal seeds you got.
    After multiple entries (at least 1000 harvests), count the total harvests and total royal seeds, and then you can compare with similar numbers in a farm of monoseeds.

I'm pretty sure you will get the same numbers, more or less a reasonable margin due to RNG.

where did we get to, Trion?

System specs:

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit;
    AMD FX-8320 3.50ghz;
    Sapphire DUAL-X R9 270x;
    8gb 1600mhz;
    Router: Linksys E900

Royal Seeds could definitely use some tweaking. With 230k farming I'm getting roughly 6 Royal Seeds per individually planted gazebo. The kicker is the seed requirements for the daily Experia guild mission takes 15-20, not to mention vocation. My favorite though is the 230k Farming bundle requires 10 Royal Seeds per bundle. What a kick in the watoosie!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizeri View Post
    Royal Seeds could definitely use some tweaking. With 230k farming I'm getting roughly 6 Royal Seeds per individually planted gazebo. The kicker is the seed requirements for the daily Experia guild mission takes 15-20, not to mention vocation. My favorite though is the 230k Farming bundle requires 10 Royal Seeds per bundle. What a kick in the watoosie!
    Something is wrong then because I get that amount with 45k farming

I have 60k farming and on gazebo of corn in wrong climate (HOW is CORN SUBARCTIC wtf?) 7-13 royal seed.

Also, just do the pine experia instead. 2g for hardwood, 17.50ish for 25 pine, and the inks. Way cheaper than the royal seed one.

Royal Seeds could definitely use some tweaking. With 230k farming I'm getting roughly 6 Royal Seeds per individually planted gazebo.
    6 royal seeds out of 400 seeds ? 1.5% proc rate ? This is impossibru !

I'm getting 5% (more or less 1.5% due to RNG) every time I plant 1000 seeds

Quote Originally Posted by Laddin View Post
    I'm surprised the prices are still this high on the seeds. I would have thought people would've botted the crap out of this by now.
    You can only single plant for so long until
    1. you loose your mind and find another sorce of income.
    2. Run fertilizer packs like the rest do.
    3. Loose you and rage quit.
    4. Keep at it, level farming to around 150k and watch the seeds drop more often and run larders to freedich.

Quote Originally Posted by Islyni View Post
    Also, just do the pine experia instead. 2g for hardwood, 17.50ish for 25 pine, and the inks. Way cheaper than the royal seed one.
    Unfortunately that's what I have been doing. Heaven forbid I plant something with my highest proficiency for better chances at a proc!

People say proficiency effects your seed drops, from my experience it doesn't. It's all rng.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast