+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Label the gosh darn miniskirts!!!

Label the gosh darn miniskirts!!!

BY FAR one of the most infuriating things about this game is the stupidly rabidly sexist clothing design decisions that have been made. I have had a dozen different "pants" "breeches" and "greaves" turn into a micro-miniskirt as soon as I put it on, simply because my char is female, with NO warning and no choice. Please, for gods sakes, put in a text label warning us "turns into a micro minskirt when worn by females" or better yet, make a pants version that actually stays pants, and a skirt version that is a skirt from the beginning..Real life pants do NOT automatically turn into a micro-miniskirt the instant a woman puts them on, you know.

PS please do not tell me "well wear different armor or bind it to a costume" I am already well aware of both choices, and they are absolutely unacceptable, why should I have to change armor or waste money on costumes, just to get a decent pair of pants to wear while adventuring? Seriously.

I couldn't help it I LOL'ed. This is a Korean game, in the future I recommend you avoid Asian titles unless it is Nintendo. Most Asian games have plenty of 'fanservice'.

Quote Originally Posted by Alinora View Post
    PS please do not tell me "well wear different armor or bind it to a costume" I am already well aware of both choices, and they are absolutely unacceptable, why should I have to change armor or waste money on costumes
    I understand your point. However, this is something that counts for all gender and races. The amount of armor parts I consider good looking is minimal. And from what I've seens so far, the better the armor, the less likely it is for me to like the design. (e.g. t7 leather armor; only got that on pts but there I need to wear a costume so I don't end up deleting my char for his fashion)
    Live like the rest of us and either do not care about your ingame looks or if you do, spend lots of gold on it.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

What part of what I said was not clear? I am a grown middle aged woman I want decent clothes, or At least warn us when the "pants" are going to turn into a skirt shorter and more revealing than any ♥♥♥♥♥ would ever consider wearing.

are going to turn into a skirt
    Just to understand you: How did they magically turn into a skirt? Did you upgrade them? What item(s) exactly are you talking about?
    Abandoned in another age

This game is seriously lacking a preview function for its costume. And if I were to want to buy a costume off the hand of another players, I don't know how it looks like and that prevented me from buying. Only those in marketplace that I can preview, I am comfortable to commit to the purchase. But the fact is, after preview of those costume in the marketplace, I did not buy them because they look ugly. Is that why there is no preview function outside of marketplace?

Turam.....I suppose "magically" was a sarcastic word. What they do is make a nice pants model for male characters, and a disgustingly short micro miniskirt for females. Archeager put it very well,actually. It is very very frustrating. Get a pair of pants....and NO ITS NOT PANTS AT ALL its a micro-miniskirt.
    So trion I beg you, please LABEL THE MINISKIRTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that those of us who are not looking for a crotch-baring micro-mini, dont have to waste time and gold or credits getting them.

Frankly what it needs is a full preview on your character option (and not just for marketplace items).

I suppose "magically" was a sarcastic word.
    Only slightly ;-)
    I was simply wondering which kind of change you were talking about.
    Possibilites could have been:
    - gear upgrade
    - gender change
    The way you worded it, I didn't think you were talking about differences between the female and male versions of the same gear in general but that you somehow ended up with a miniskirt after some ingame change.

The only chances to "preview" we have atm are:
    - market place for limited items
    - fan projects (e.g. archeagefashion where you can see images users have uploaded)
    - mini icons in the folio and encyclopedia -> if the item isnt on the marketplace and pictures cant be found on the internet, this is your main place to have a look. I agree that it is far from good or even acceptable. It takes quiet some imagination to "see" how it could look like on your char.

btw: I hope it didn't seem like I was having a low opinion on your problem. All I wanted was for you to realize this is all part of a bigger issue and not only down to miniskirts. Like the others have said: what we really need is a full preview of all gear. There used to be a website where you could preview every last item on all races and gender. However it was fan based and the merges over a year ago made the "fan" quit AA and closed the website...
    Abandoned in another age

+ Reply to Thread