+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How does jury duty work?

How does jury duty work?

I've had a couple pop-ups asking me to be a juror, but I'd like to understand the process before actually joining a jury. (I'm familiar with the real-world process.)

1. If I accept, do I automatically join the trial chat channel, or do I have to do something to join it?
    2. Who can talk in the trial channel?
    3. How does one talk in the trial channel? (Is it /trial [enter text])
    4. Does the jury get to see any evidence (how many crime points, what they were for)?
    5. Is there anyone in charge of the trial (like a judge), or is it just a free-for-all?
    6. Does the jury deliberate?
    7. How does a juror submit a guilty/not guilty vote?

1. You will be teleported to the jury Hall, along with 4 odther jurors and the defendand.
    2. You main list his crimes for few minutes and click "proceed to vote"
    3. Defendant has few minutes to say what he wants to.
    4. You click the sentence.
    5. You are ported back
    (Note, you may have to move to cancel the Jury buff)

By default every on Trial speaks on Trial channel.
    I do not recommend to accept Trials while on mass PVP event, or on an Airship
    EU / Sirothe / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Thanks. That's very helpful.

Although these other lists are all correct, they fail to mention that the defendant often will see your name and face as you give your vote. This leaves you completely vulnerable to assassination, after giving defendant a guilty judgment, hence being sent to jail, then escaping or sending his friends and/or guild to pk you. You may also choose the option not to attend jury duty, as many defendants, are repeat offenders & are usually pirates & level 55. Please, exercise all caution when deciding to be jury member. Happy Jury Duty all!!

P.S. You may also use under options the auto-decline jury duty. Very wise for f2p and those new to jury duty and under lvl55.

Question

Since you're teleported (twice), I'm assuming that you don't want to accept jury duty while wearing a trade pack. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Staccato View Post
    Since you're teleported (twice), I'm assuming that you don't want to accept jury duty while wearing a trade pack. Is that correct?
    Jury invite is not popping up on certain circumstances. Pack, riding a hauler, being in a dungeon.
    EU / Sirothe / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread