+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
Results 191 to 198 of 198

  Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: @Celestrata Are we?

  1. #191
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    223
    It disgusts me to see so many people complaining about pvp and how it kills the server, people quitting because of it and such. You can have a busy server with PvP, simply don't go to the PvP. If something is high reward, chances are its high risk, then don't do it instead of being a pleb and risk it and then complain.

    There are plenty of carebear players on healthy servers doing fine, perfectly fine and all you are doing is de-valuing what those did on contested servers, fighting blobs and what not. I have moved servers twice to find PvP, join the underdogs and I have never had it easy but I don't cry about wanting a low pop server so I can do trade runs.

    The issue is the mental capacity of people to think of what they can and can't do. One thing I will say is that 3.0 did make many folks quit, the ♥♥♥♥♥♥ed single planting and land being devalued. But that is a good thing as land is more available on high pop servers, the larder thing needs to change to help new players gear up.

    Really Trion have got some stuff to answer for, but generally its the players lack of thinking, making friends or working together to achieve things is one of the biggest issue, they want it all on a silver plate.

    It wont happen unless you are on a dead server and Trion at some point will stop that, finally.

    Silver

  2. #192
    Senior Member Herzeleid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Orchidna
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    It disgusts me to see so many people complaining about pvp and how it kills the server, people quitting because of it and such. You can have a busy server with PvP, simply don't go to the PvP. If something is high reward, chances are its high risk, then don't do it instead of being a pleb and risk it and then complain.

    There are plenty of carebear players on healthy servers doing fine, perfectly fine and all you are doing is de-valuing what those did on contested servers, fighting blobs and what not. I have moved servers twice to find PvP, join the underdogs and I have never had it easy but I don't cry about wanting a low pop server so I can do trade runs.

    The issue is the mental capacity of people to think of what they can and can't do. One thing I will say is that 3.0 did make many folks quit, the ♥♥♥♥♥♥ed single planting and land being devalued. But that is a good thing as land is more available on high pop servers, the larder thing needs to change to help new players gear up.

    Really Trion have got some stuff to answer for, but generally its the players lack of thinking, making friends or working together to achieve things is one of the biggest issue, they want it all on a silver plate.

    It wont happen unless you are on a dead server and Trion at some point will stop that, finally.

    Silver
    I think you misunderstand the issue. People don't complain "about pvp". Most comments that are somewhat negative towards pvp come as a reaction to people who try to advocate for a merge because "pvp needs more people". That's how and why most people who don't want their server to be merged take a side against pvp. It is what it is, when the merges seem to divide farmers from fighters, as, in case of a merge, farmers will lose content but fighters will only gain.

    No need to insult people about their mental capacity... I'm pretty sure every carebear is aware of a risk even on low populated servers. In any case, I think every server has its own pks and campers.
    Proud green pirate, fervent activist of the Tumbleweed Nerf Society

  3. #193
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    223
    I completely understand what the farmers want but they can still be on a pvp server and carebear.

    The stigma they give PvP is very biased with no justification that makes sense. The game is designed to be played around World Bosses being contested, hence the reason they take place in zones where you can 'PvP'. It is the same as abyssal and lusca, the idea that people need to 'PvP' is a choice, you can choose to take part or not. Sit on your farms and play dress up, the choice is yours and it can be done on a healthy server just the same as it can be done a dead server.

    Get over it, get ready and start packing up to move, don't re-act and take a positive stance to keep the game alive while you still can.

    Silver

  4. #194
    Senior Member Herzeleid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Orchidna
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    I completely understand what the farmers want but they can still be on a pvp server and carebear.

    The stigma they give PvP is very biased with no justification that makes sense. The game is designed to be played around World Bosses being contested, hence the reason they take place in zones where you can 'PvP'. It is the same as abyssal and lusca, the idea that people need to 'PvP' is a choice, you can choose to take part or not. Sit on your farms and play dress up, the choice is yours and it can be done on a healthy server just the same as it can be done a dead server.

    Get over it, get ready and start packing up to move, don't re-act and take a positive stance to keep the game alive while you still can.

    Silver
    Well, the same can be said about the stigma put on farming. if anything, the really nasty coments all come against the "carebears" (these people whoa re against merges because they care about their lands). Most people assume that "carebears" just like to farm without risk and not participate into faction events (which amount for the pvp on a server). IMO, it's more like the "big pvp dogs" who like to free farm content rather than the small carebears that own houses and lands and like to plant potatoes. You're safe on your land either way - but what if you won't have land anymore after the merges?

    I mean... honestly is there any big guild around here leisurely farming world bosses without any kind of opposition to face who would like to move to a server where they might need to actually contest something? I mean sure, they like to come bust the other faction's GR and CR cuz they know they will meet lots of pve ppl there and alts, easy farm, huge numbers. Then they brag about it. Then when the other faction gets a stronger guild, the dominating faction is the first to initiate "treaties" and "deals" and "let's not attack each other then we can do ours and you can do yours". Sometimes they get bored and they move to another server with the whole guild because "there is no challenge and we are bored". Couple months later they come back because the other server doesn't allow them to free farm anymore... life is hard. I'm sure this scenario look familiar to you too.

    This is why "pvp" in my eyes, and in many others, is not a valid stand alone reason. The game isn't just farming, as it isn't just pvp either. But when Trion says "population is under our standards", which side actually is affected? The freefarming big guilds who like to pvp because they dominate, or the carebears who play on their lands and keep the non-dominated game alive?

    You say carebears can farm on the new server as well. Yes, technically, of course they can. Except there will be less lands and trade runs will be completely nerfed and changed (if you have read the forums, you know exactly). If you farm, you can imagine how tough it will be as a farmer to have nowhere to spend your labor. Pretty much everything points towards these segment of the playerbase being pushed into faction events and pvp. It won't be an option anymore and I think this is the root of the problem and where disappointment stems from.

    I'm quite shocked that no one brought the player nations issue into this. I mean how about this? How about the free farming big guilds who built their own nations and will have to lose them with the incoming server merges? I feel like I wanna bet that Trion will support the whales and will probably opt for a migration kind of merge, just so that player nations could be preserved... Cuz i cannot think of any compensation for destroying a nation.
    Proud green pirate, fervent activist of the Tumbleweed Nerf Society

  5. #195
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    223
    You don't have to wait for a merge, you can transfer now whilst you still can. Land even on high pop servers is still available, I know I am on one. Yes Trion have messed up farming (yes you Trion, you can change things and can tell XL but you decide to wait and see) but you can still do safe zone trades. You can still farm coin purses, or go explore, farm and sell mats, sell pots, sell foods, craft stuff. It can all be done on a high pop server and you would never need to PvP if you choose not to. No one is forcing you to PvP if you really do not want to.

    Wake up and move now, while you can and before what Trion decides to do because I am sure whatever it is not everyone is going to be happy, and certainly none of the servers that are involved.

    Silver

  6. #196
    More PvP is an excuse and an attempt to appeal to Trion.
    The reason people are pro merger is to stop the free farm some guilds/nations have and the free unopposed trade runs farmers have. The sad thing is, they don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about the middle ground people who get damaged by a merger. Losing your character name is really annoying as its the Identity your known by in the community. For players on Rangora is will be especially frustrating as they allow the oldest character to keep the name (last time, my level 50 with 5.5GS lost its name to a level 5). The value of land shouldn't be underestimated, a lot of 'farmers' paid for land in premium locations. Mergers basically throw the gold investment down the drain.

    Personally, I hope they either announce a 'shutdown' and allow people to migrate away from the low pop servers or find some way to sort land/name situations out instead of allowing it to become the same clown fiesta that the last merger was.
    Sakuracalli (West)

  7. #197
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by SakuraCalleil View Post
    More PvP is an excuse and an attempt to appeal to Trion.
    The reason people are pro merger is to stop the free farm some guilds/nations have and the free unopposed trade runs farmers have.
    I don't think that's the reason people are pro merging, because the people that want to stop free farm guilds would've moved by this time. People are pro merging because they're probably under the impression that there are large numbers of players in both PVP and PVE niches that are not capable of transferring but could be of some use to their group. I know a good number of PVPers that are on Kyrios, some on Kraken, and even some in Tahyang, all of which have different reasons for moving or not being able to move servers. A merge is a free way to bring them all under one roof and hopefully under one guild. Certain server clusters have farmers that focus on one crop that no one on another server cluster focuses on. That would bring them all under one roof and possibly increase craft productivity. No one I know is pro merging to stop free farm guilds, everyone was heading to Kyrios anyway and would've transferred by now.

  8. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolkhis View Post
    People are pro merging because they're probably under the impression that there are large numbers of players in both PVP and PVE niches that are not capable of transferring but could be of some use to their group.
    This is big mistake. Players who did not transfer (including myself) are so attached to their server/land/community they are total write off for Trion in case of any form of forced transfers.
    My server is being marked as dead mostly by people who transferred there for free farm, got rekt by fact server is more won than dead and transferred away.
    If you don't like "free farm" server, transfer there and clean it up. If you don't have numbers for that server is not dead enough for you. Stop trying to get ppl for your playstyle by whining at Trion to give them to you for free.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts