+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: @Celestrata Are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsumae View Post
    You don't know me, you don't know my bias. I play this game on all aspects of it, I own and farm land, I craft, I pve, and I pvp. I have been through an Evolution before. I understand what a lot of people are feeling from both sides. But I am getting tired of hearing people compare land with gear as though they are totally equal. Your 30k land deal, what ever, is an exception, as with everything there is an exception, but most end game gear costs more than the typical land.

Plus I don't care how people play their game, you want to live on a dead server by all means go ahead, I chose not to.
    If you are going to count all the costs related to getting a piece of gear, then for a land spot you would have to include:
    Pattern cost
    Building materials cost
    Labor used to build
    Money paid for the spot
    Taxes from last evolution until now

On a per plot basis.

I can understand the desire not to play on a dead server, but here's the thing. You have the tools to fix that yourself. You don't need a merger to fix it, it just helps. The people who spend time and effort into getting their perfect land spot, and then have it ripped from them have no recourse. They have to spend tons of money again to require what they once had, and since there is only finite land in the game, that may not be possible. Sure you can probably find some piece of cap land, but that's not the same. It's literally like Trion destroying a piece of gear you worked on and making you start over. Except you can't just make money and buy a new one that looks just like it.

If you cannot understand that, then you simply don't value land as much as those being vocal here.

One better dock for turn in doesn't sound like much, especially when the east gives reds and green pirates multiple ganking spots to jack haulers. So what else?
    It's more than just one dock turn-in. Before 3.0, every profitable trade pack zone touched water on Nuia. My server was riddled with players watching Hellswamp, Halcyona, and SD waiting for someone to make a pack so they could snatch it and just sail away while I went to a Nui on the other side of the world and try to give chase. Nothing better than the East getting to make a pack and travel to the nearest coast for a way out vice being a Westerner and robbing someone running Hasla or Perinoor packs, having to go across East safe zones to reach water just to get to a trader that would accept the pack for anything lol. Every coast gives "multiple ganking spots to jack haulers", but at least on the East you can defend yourself in 100% of all scenarios with enough time to recover the pack if you lost it.

One better dock for turn in doesn't sound like much, especially when the east gives reds and green pirates multiple ganking spots to jack haulers. So what else?
    West also gets severely OP single PVP zone gold runs now. Thanks to hellswamp being pushed by alts and halcy perpetually being in peace on known schedules the west gets 20+ silver per labor safe zone runs for hauler trains. East gets Rokhala to Solis but you need a car and can't move 36+ packs at a time out of it... otherwise you'd be looking at Sunbite to Yny when Yny rotates to peace and that pulls in about 16.9s/l at max prof for fert packs and more like 14.9 for basic packs.

So since hellswamp goes to peace so reliably and you are looking at 22 silver per labor vs 17 for east on a semi-reliable run you end up making about 4400 gold per week per account vs 3427 per week per account. Plus, that's only if you can stage all of your packs in Yny and turn them in at 130 where west has two turn ins, both in safe zones, and both at roughly the same high value. I wonder why they have such an easy time making money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Farming one of your alts or another player for honor or to push zones to peace -- This is not allowed, and can result in your account receiving a punishment from Customer Service. If you see someone doing this, please report it!

Farming a single character to manipulate the jury queue -- This is not allowed, and can result in your account receiving a punishment from Customer Service. If you see someone doing this, please report it!

I once valued land to the point that people are voicing now, but being through an Evolution before and transferring to other servers I learned not to get too attached. I still lay my land down and decorate it, and I still make my money off it. But I am stepping out of the argument, as I am not even sure why I cared to even get into it. And you are right I have the tools to fix my problems and I chose to use them and happier for it.

I was always under the impression that the Nuian side had the advantages, I am curious from your perspective what advantages do Haranya have?

As someone else chimed in to also they have better ports cities to turn in as well as this they have a zone that constantly goes to peace on the Nuia Continent. This is huge being able to craft packs on a daily basis without being jumped that you can bring back to your own continent for Charcoal. They have a ghost ship that is literally just off their continent as well.

So seems to be some trade offs.

So seems to be some trade offs.
    Yes each has their advantages though people seem to only look at what the other side has and not what they have too

Quote Originally Posted by ArcheAger View Post
    @Celestrata some suggestion for you to chew upon. If Trion can promise that it never ever will merge those low pop servers, and offer full-kit demo and free transfer to those low pop server, I am willing to uproot from my current (more populated) server to go to those low pop servers. I am one of those players who like low pop environment as opposed to a densely pop environment. PvP is not my cup of tea and I want to cross sword with no one and just want to live in peace. Perhaps some way to facilitate the movement of players on Trion's part (other than free transfer such as full-kit demo) to various pop server will help to balance things out a bit. Currently, no one want to go to low pop server because of the threat of server merge. And that is a vicious cycle - low pop server will keep going down in pop because no one is joining as old player leave. Trion need to promise absolutely no server merger on those low pop server in order to break out of the vicious cycle. As it is now, the low pop server is also a creation of Trion current non-committal to non-merger on those low pop server.
    they can never promise something like this, and even if they did the promise wouldn't have to hold up as you and everyone else playing this game agreed with trion's policy basically they can do whatever the ♥♥♥♥ they want and there's nothing you can do about it other than chargeback, which gets you banned so *shrug*

also in general, archeage is a business to trion, its not a game, they have to make decisions that further their companies life. Servers cost money to run and maintain, so if there are not enough people playing on the server, that translates into not enough funds to keep the server afloat, so they have to use other server's funds to keep the crippled server up. This is a bad decision and is better to consolidate. Which they are now considering, and tbh you shouldn't be surprised, this is xlg's game model right here, they've done this in korea for years. Servers get released huge influx people play other servers die, dead servers get merged, then more new servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendriss View Post
    If you are going to count all the costs related to getting a piece of gear, then for a land spot you would have to include:
    Pattern cost
    Building materials cost
    Labor used to build
    Money paid for the spot
    Taxes from last evolution until now

On a per plot basis.

I can understand the desire not to play on a dead server, but here's the thing. You have the tools to fix that yourself. You don't need a merger to fix it, it just helps. The people who spend time and effort into getting their perfect land spot, and then have it ripped from them have no recourse. They have to spend tons of money again to require what they once had, and since there is only finite land in the game, that may not be possible. Sure you can probably find some piece of cap land, but that's not the same. It's literally like Trion destroying a piece of gear you worked on and making you start over. Except you can't just make money and buy a new one that looks just like it.

If you cannot understand that, then you simply don't value land as much as those being vocal here.
    If you want to value the gear as ANYWHERE near the value of land, you're going to find that land is severely less valuable then high end gear. You say you have to look at all the cost of land, then look at all the cost of gear, Crafting, regrading, tempering, gemming, enchanting.

The fact that there are people trying argue that gear is anything close to land is pretty unbelievable, when you can find land in most zones demo from tax negligence/people quitting. When zones on entire serves are completely devoid of player owned houses, and farms.

Stop trying to compare land to gear, its not even close to being alike.
    Thane
    <Disaster>
    WORLD CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by ThaneKri0s View Post
    Stop trying to compare land to gear, its not even close to being alike.
    This is true, land is vastly more valuable by sheer virtue of being limited. Everyone, given enough time, can have all the gear they want. The same is never true of land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Farming one of your alts or another player for honor or to push zones to peace -- This is not allowed, and can result in your account receiving a punishment from Customer Service. If you see someone doing this, please report it!

Farming a single character to manipulate the jury queue -- This is not allowed, and can result in your account receiving a punishment from Customer Service. If you see someone doing this, please report it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast