+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Making a whole new thread re vaultstones...

Making a whole new thread re vaultstones...

Too many vaultstones vs pink bags.

I am really beginning to think someone's made a program to check chests and leave vaultstones only behind.

Programmers - is this possible even that someone has done this?

Nah you're just imagining things on the programs. There are programs that search the chest for you, but I don't think there is a program that shows what item will be in the sunken chest as the chest only roll the item you get when you float it. You know the time where it stays on the water for a period of time then disappear then pop back? That is when the "RNG" kicks in and roll what you'll get.

Here is what I think of it though, there's no such thing as RNG in this game instead it is actually seeded. There will be a point in a time where your account will be ultimately lucky. I've had a week of experiencing that, 5 perditas in a week with ♥♥♥♥load of delphinad pottery and enoans, rarely any vaultstones. Then out of no where I didn't even get close to 1% of what I'm experiencing for the next week, let alone delphinad pottery and perditas for a whole month.

Exactly the same thing with my regrading, I've failed 37 resplendent weapon in a row on FS while my alt manage to get 3 in a row great success which is why people will tell you if you have a fail streak just stop regrading and try another day, another day as in when your account get seeded to be lucky. Sadly there's no way of proving this, but this is seriously how I feel about the "RNG" of this game. The 3 success doesn't make me stay in FS though, I instantly quit and deleted 3 divine on my FS account just from being baffled by how the game works. It is way better to make money from something that doesn't have to do with RNG tbh, or you'll just get constantly frustrated while having some happy moments in between. That's just a recipe to create an addiction to the game and if that was the plan of XLGames then well done you scummy bastid.

I love this " I have no clue so I guess this must be illegal software" approach.
    If you would do your homework you would know that whole vaultstone thing was a rework for sunken shipwrecks implemented some time ago. Decor items from vaultstone were worth a lot if you sold them to NPC. But, as always, botters would benefit too much from this so XL nerfed their value to the ground to push botters away.

As much as I, treasure hunter, suffer from this, I understand why it was made this way and at least now it gives me and other legit treasure hunters a chance to find a freaking treasure chest. It was nearly impossible pre vaultstone time.
    IGN: Qembek, Qmk, Solmyr
    My channel (100+ ArcheAge videos, guides and tips): YouTube
    Casually streaming: Twitch

RNG is RNG

Just keep going...

Quote Originally Posted by CheekyBastard View Post
    Nah you're just imagining things on the programs. There are programs that search the chest for you, but I don't think there is a program that shows what item will be in the sunken chest as the chest only roll the item you get when you float it. You know the time where it stays on the water for a period of time then disappear then pop back? That is when the "RNG" kicks in and roll what you'll get.
    I'm actually not too sure about the RNG being involved in travel time and not being involved in the initial salvage. I think the RNG triggers when an RNG-related event happens and is masked so that you THINK the RNG is later on, but in reality the programmers were lazy and put it before the mask. For instance, I was spam crafting gear one-by-one on an alt at a craft house. After I had crafted a Sealed Delphinad Gauntlets, I was treated to two achievements, one for having crafted a Delphinad armor piece, and one for having crafted an Ayanad armor piece. I went to unseal them and turns out the gauntlets I had just made were Quake. I sadly didn't have another alt to attempt to replicate this, but I don't think I need to.

So in the same vein of thinking, the travel time is a masking to make you think that the RNG triggers elsewhere (same goes for unsealing gear) when in reality it would be happening at the initial activation of the event (box salvage vs. pressing the craft button).

Vaultstones wouldn't be bad if the stuff you get out of them was worth 35+ gold to vendor like in Korea.
    same tbh

https://youtu.be/o6YRkEOLGng

Quote Originally Posted by Kolkhis View Post
    I'm actually not too sure about the RNG being involved in travel time and not being involved in the initial salvage. I think the RNG triggers when an RNG-related event happens and is masked so that you THINK the RNG is later on, but in reality the programmers were lazy and put it before the mask. For instance, I was spam crafting gear one-by-one on an alt at a craft house. After I had crafted a Sealed Delphinad Gauntlets, I was treated to two achievements, one for having crafted a Delphinad armor piece, and one for having crafted an Ayanad armor piece. I went to unseal them and turns out the gauntlets I had just made were Quake. I sadly didn't have another alt to attempt to replicate this, but I don't think I need to.

So in the same vein of thinking, the travel time is a masking to make you think that the RNG triggers elsewhere (same goes for unsealing gear) when in reality it would be happening at the initial activation of the event (box salvage vs. pressing the craft button).
    Except Trion has already release statement about this and it was exactly as what I said. Iirc it was a reddit comment by a GM, so knock yourself out digging it!

Quote Originally Posted by CheekyBastard View Post

Here is what I think of it though, there's no such thing as RNG in this game instead it is actually seeded. There will be a point in a time where your account will be ultimately lucky. I've had a week of experiencing that, 5 perditas in a week with ♥♥♥♥load of delphinad pottery and enoans, rarely any vaultstones. Then out of no where I didn't even get close to 1% of what I'm experiencing for the next week, let alone delphinad pottery and perditas for a whole month.

Exactly the same thing with my regrading, I've failed 37 resplendent weapon in a row on FS while my alt manage to get 3 in a row great success which is why people will tell you if you have a fail streak just stop regrading and try another day, another day as in when your account get seeded to be lucky. Sadly there's no way of proving this, but this is seriously how I feel about the "RNG" of this game. The 3 success doesn't make me stay in FS though, I instantly quit and deleted 3 divine on my FS account just from being baffled by how the game works. It is way better to make money from something that doesn't have to do with RNG tbh, or you'll just get constantly frustrated while having some happy moments in between. That's just a recipe to create an addiction to the game and if that was the plan of XLGames then well done you scummy bastid.
    Thank you! I was starting to be like *ORLY???* every time lately - the number of vaultstones was INSANE high compared to usual and I only farm chests where I know it's where they USED TO BE so I am like ;-/

I really appreciate someone being all *It's in your head* because I really am glad to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by qembek View Post
    I love this " I have no clue so I guess this must be illegal software" approach.
    If you would do your homework you would know that whole vaultstone thing was a rework for sunken shipwrecks implemented some time ago. Decor items from vaultstone were worth a lot if you sold them to NPC. But, as always, botters would benefit too much from this so XL nerfed their value to the ground to push botters away.

As much as I, treasure hunter, suffer from this, I understand why it was made this way and at least now it gives me and other legit treasure hunters a chance to find a freaking treasure chest. It was nearly impossible pre vaultstone time.
    Excuse me: 130k exploration SINCE JULY 23 2016 because I made this char that day. I know of which I speak.

Please feel free to say it's my imagination, but I don't need the snark.

I, unlike perhaps you, happen to know what software IS out there and you wouldn't believe a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolkhis View Post

So like how people suppose it is when you chop the rope on salvage ships, you propose it is rolled on attach the pouch? Not that this matters xD

I actually just like treasure hunting and I've made maps of the whole ocean floor (all 3), as well as details etc - so i wouldn't want how it is to change.

Just I have the abyssal archaeologist title, and extra tombstones and lawn dicks, masks, lol so I knda recognise when I am seeing a LOT of vaultstones compared to when I am not. Ships that usually have 2-4 chests have one chest and vaultstone in it! The romantic in me is thinking they are stealthing by me with a Pottery right now xD but yeah it's just been a REALLLY LOT lately.

Maybe at least ONE brinebound rock in there WITH the vaulstones now that we have to craft the scrolls rather than getting full scrolls xD Or maybe a free underwater breathing buff now and then!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast