+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Underwater breathing device

Underwater breathing device

Hello.

Underwater breathing devices have been "ninja buffed":
    http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/35771/

Higher tiers now increase swim speed, and allow breating underwater on much longer time than just 10 seconds.

Device mounted on ship has correct info. "Weareable" device on back is giving incorrect tootip information. Real time of oxygen supply is provided, but below is info about 10-30 second bonus, which is not true anymore.

Note:
    Underwater breating devices finally have a reason to be upgraded, and mounted on ships.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Stacking Bonus?

This is great. I have an elf (Lithe Flow +5% for 30m) wearing Baktehan's Swimfins (+30%) mounted with a Flawless Wave Lunafrost (+12%) and using a fully upgraded new Underwater Breathing Device. I've taken the time to upgrade it fully so its a Typhoon Underwater Breathing Device (+30%).

If my math is correct, and if these bonus stack, I should be seeing +77% increase in my swimming speed, but I'm not.

I've asked support to confirm the Flawless Wave Lunafrost and Baktehan's swimfins stack. They have. So is it that the Typhoon Underwater Breathing Device is not stacking?

I should add that not swimming as fast as I expected cost me 1000g (perdita statue) (oh well!).

Also might I ask while we're looking at Underwater breathing devices, unlike other timed potions/objects this one's buff icon doesn't have a countdown timer. Now every good diver knows to track their time-at-depth but with this object it isn't easy (you can see how much time remains by looking at the equipped item icon). How about a timer on the buff?

I forgot to mention: The drop rate for Seabreeze Underwater Breathing Device is MUCH too low, while the Seastorm and Typhoon drop all the time. This means players are waiting to upgrade but not able because Seabreeze don't come up that often.

In 6 months I've seen only 2 come up on action and bought both. I'm fairly certain I'm one of the few players on Morpheus with a Typhoon Underwater Breathing Device fitted simply because I was able to by the Seabreeze plans when they came up.

4.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #4
    Fixed in our files, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Panteraleon View Post
    This is great. I have an elf (Lithe Flow +5% for 30m) wearing Baktehan's Swimfins (+30%) mounted with a Flawless Wave Lunafrost (+12%) and using a fully upgraded new Underwater Breathing Device. I've taken the time to upgrade it fully so its a Typhoon Underwater Breathing Device (+30%).

If my math is correct, and if these bonus stack, I should be seeing +77% increase in my swimming speed, but I'm not.

I've asked support to confirm the Flawless Wave Lunafrost and Baktehan's swimfins stack. They have. So is it that the Typhoon Underwater Breathing Device is not stacking?

I should add that not swimming as fast as I expected cost me 1000g (perdita statue) (oh well!).

Also might I ask while we're looking at Underwater breathing devices, unlike other timed potions/objects this one's buff icon doesn't have a countdown timer. Now every good diver knows to track their time-at-depth but with this object it isn't easy (you can see how much time remains by looking at the equipped item icon). How about a timer on the buff?
    I bought the Seastorm Underwater Breathing Device a day ago,
    and the result of the tests that I have done what does not stack are the Swimming Titles.

Desert Fox
    Abyssal Archaeologist
    Barrel Rider

The positive side: saving on "Dahutas Bubble"
    The negative: disappointment to know that several titles are useless

+ Reply to Thread